Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP rear power socket

Hi

Can anyone tell me how easy (or not) it is to remove/get to the rear accessory power socket in an NP? I'd like to run 12v to the other side of the rear compartment.

Thanks
    Rob

2011 RX, Redarc Smartstart, dual batteries, Tow-Pro Elite, Garmin Nuvi 3590, Safety Dave caravan rear camera, HID high beam upgrade, Viofo A119 dashcam. Icom IC-450 UHF. Firestone HD Airbags. Tows a 2015 Jurgens Sungazer.

Previously, 2005 NP DiD Platinum, similar mods/additions, towed a 20' Paramount semi offroad caravan or Pioneer Longreach camper trailer.

Some pics: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm3stBBS
    Dashcam Viewer example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gIrjZTVdqM

Rob,

It is a better idea to leave the RHS socket as is and run another wire to a point on the LHS. I run my fridge on a slide on the LHS because the rear door is hinged on the RHS. Mits should put the socket on the LHS.
    I see you have dual battery setup. Run a fused 'heavier' cable to prevent voltage drop from your second battery, necessary if are going to run a fridge. You can run the cable through the fire wall LHS at a rubber grommet up behind the glove box. Remove LHS kick panels and scuff plates and run the cable just under the carpet. I have run the cable to a socket and cable tied it to the cargo barrier. It is to hard to remove the inside rear trim to mount the socket there.
    Regards
    GOBO

11 NT DID Auto, Bushskinz Intercooler Plate, Brown Davis Sump & Trans Steel Plates, ARB Colour Coded Bar, Light Force Lights, GME Radios fixed and handheld, SME Draws, Waeco Fridge, Dual Batteries, Milford Barrier, BFG ATR's.

Comment

Originally posted by GOBO View Post
      It is to hard to remove the inside rear trim to mount the socket there.
      But does anyone have pointers for removing the rear trims?
      There's empty space behind there that I'd like to use.
      Peter
      2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

The kick panels have a few obvious screws and a few hidden clips which you can lever up with a screwdriver. That is all I needed to remove. The rear wheel arch trim looked too hard to remove, so I fed a stiff wire through from the removable rear seat base cover in the wheel arch to the pasenger kick panel areas. The area under the kick panels have nice slots for fitting the wire into.
        AR

Comment

Hi, I have not done this, but my car came like it: The Waeco fridge socket is in that little side pocket on the left side. The one with the removeable lid.
          Current ride. EP91 Starlet Auto
          Missus car: 2005 Platinum DiD Auto, H/R Towbar, Rhino Sportz Aero Bars, Redarc Isolator, Elec Brake Controller. 2" Lift and LT Tyres.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you all for your comments and helpful suggestions. I think I'll go with the new wire from the second battery - makes good sense.
            Rob

2011 RX, Redarc Smartstart, dual batteries, Tow-Pro Elite, Garmin Nuvi 3590, Safety Dave caravan rear camera, HID high beam upgrade, Viofo A119 dashcam. Icom IC-450 UHF. Firestone HD Airbags. Tows a 2015 Jurgens Sungazer.

Previously, 2005 NP DiD Platinum, similar mods/additions, towed a 20' Paramount semi offroad caravan or Pioneer Longreach camper trailer.

Some pics: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm3stBBS
            Dashcam Viewer example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gIrjZTVdqM

Comment

It's fairly easy to lift the lower edge of the plastic which surrounds the window, by pulling it towards the centre of the car. I'm not sure, but I think you have to undo the upper Seatbelt bolt.

You can then reach behind the lower panel or drop cables behind it without having to remove the lower panel.
              Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

I assume the rear lining panels of the NP are similar to the NM; that being the case, I removed my NM right hand panel a couple of years ago to add another power socket. Whilst I can't recall the actual detail, I know that with a bit of careful exploration, and removing the dust seal rubbers around the rear door, plus the 3rd row passenger grab handle above the window, it wasn't all that hard to get the panel pulled out sufficiently to put the socket in and wire it up. Just be very careful not to pull anything too hard, most of the clips will release fairly easily if you get them at the right angle. Some long screwdrivers or similar would be useful for prising them out.

While you're at it, give some consideration to using a socket that's not the standard cigarette type, which are notorious for the plug vibrating loose. You can get a type called variously DIN or Merit plug and socket that has a locking clip around the +ve terminal. There is a variety of the plug that is adaptable so it will also work in the normal cig lighter socket.

Gaz
                2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

I've just ran a cable from the front battery, via fuse, through rubber boot on firewall, under each of the door step cable runs (pop up plastic steps and there is a plastic cable run), then used the good old chip board fllooring tongue pushed from the 3rd seat hinge area into the middle seat area over the wheel arch, used it to pull the cable to the rear. A cable mounted screw type connector is added to the cable so it wont fall off when in bush, and when not needed, the cable is stored in the area where the seat hinge is hidden by the removable cover.
                  2003 NP DID GLS Auto, 50mm Iron Man Suspension, ARB BBar, Chinese winch, custom fridge/equipment rack, Rhino RoofBars and alum TGM roof rack, UHF CB, Bridgstone D697 265/70-16, Safari Snorkel, Polyair

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X