Np Dual battery set up for CF80 Waeco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Np Dual battery set up for CF80 Waeco

Hi all, I have a Waeco 80Ltr fridge {only month old}I would like to know what the best set up is for this fridge, from the battery/solenoid/fuses/cable size & plug. This 80Ltr draws over 5.5 amps/per hour in 40 dec heat, {that info is from Waeco}

I have my eye on a Redarc 100amp solenoid on ebay, what's your thoughts on that solenoid? Are their better solenoids out there??
    My intenions are to install this system myself, so the more info on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks all P.S {must keep beer cold}
    Dual Battery
    80Ltr Waeco
    91Ltr Longrange Tank
    3" Lovells/Bilstein
    3” Exhaust
    Winch
    NP 05 DID

Nothing wrong with the Redarc, they are fairly good value. Cable size you should go as big as you can, the bigger the better until the cable size is physically to big to run easily. Just about every Waeco problem is cable or plug related
    As the CF80 draws a fair bit of current your going to need a good battery unless your driving every day. A 10 inch deep cycle under the bonnet is probably going to be too small, you'd need at least 100A to run in summer and preferably an AGM style to get a faster charge, the battery would be best mounted in the back somewhere if an AGM is used.

Comment

Originally posted by Garygls View Post
      I have my eye on a Redarc 100amp solenoid on ebay, what's your thoughts on that solenoid?
      Just fitted one myself seems to work fine and best of all made here in South OZ. Used size 6 B&S cable which matches nicely to the grey 50Amp Anderson plugs

I bought mine and most of the fittings from www.sidewinder.com.au who does sell on Ebay good prices excellent delivery ie order Tuesday night delivered Thursday

cheers Simon

Comment

What did you guys use to mount your battery? Looking especially at NP.
        Current ride. EP91 Starlet Auto
        Missus car: 2005 Platinum DiD Auto, H/R Towbar, Rhino Sportz Aero Bars, Redarc Isolator, Elec Brake Controller. 2" Lift and LT Tyres.

Comment

Mounted on a ARB battery mount, has to be pretty solid.
          Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/

Comment

Sidewinder - the pics here should show you:

http://www.sidewinder.com.au/page124a.html
            16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
            10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

You can't fit an N70 battery without bending the aircon pipes, I had to bend mine a bit to stop it rubbing with the Pirahna 10 inch tray. Is this mentioned in the fitting instructions? I've got stuff off sidewinder before and his service is good and prices not too bad but $195 for a tray seems a bit high, the Pirahna one is only about $120

Comment

Yippy Finally found time to set up my Dual battery system. TJM Stainless Steel Battery tray, I used a 10" Atlas 520 CCA for my start battery {on a battery tester it has over 700 CCA} & using the original 12" battery to power fridge,Redarc Isolator, 32 Gauge +- cable to fridge.

Quoted $800 for someone else to do this for me {your kidding!!!}
                I did this for $485 & not even half a days effort.

Thanks for everyone's Threads from the old & this new forum to help me put this Dual Battery system together
                to all
                Dual Battery
                80Ltr Waeco
                91Ltr Longrange Tank
                3" Lovells/Bilstein
                3” Exhaust
                Winch
                NP 05 DID

Comment

Good to hear you are all sorted. I got the sidewinder tray and was a bit underwhelmed at the quality. I had to do quite a bit of shimming to get it level. Have not put the isolator or battery in it yet. Work in progress.
                  Missus car: 2005 Platinum DiD Auto, H/R Towbar, Rhino Sportz Aero Bars, Redarc Isolator, Elec Brake Controller. 2" Lift and LT Tyres.

Comment

Here's a vote for Sidewinder, I purchased a flyer and a 100 AH battery. The autoelectrician stuffed up and fitted an extra isolater, Derek diagnosed the fault via email and 24 hours later the problem was solved. Very impressed with the after sales service.

Comment

The tray looks like a universal one which can be bought from an auto parts supplier, supplied with brackets manufactured seperately to suit the NP. $195 certainly sounds very steep, the tray alone only costs about $30. I could be wrong though.
                      Pajero MY05 Exceed, DVD / (infamous) Sat Nav, Petrol / Injected LPG, alloy bull bar, Blue Tongue compressor, Pirahna dual battery system, Cibie Oscar SC driving lights, UHF, Next G car kit, Waeco FF40, set Cooper ST's, cargo barrier and polyairs.

Comment

Has anyone got pics of where they mounted the redarc isolator?
                        I have my 105AH battery on the tray, just trying to find the best spot for the isolator.

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Streetfighter View Post
                          Has anyone got pics of where they mounted the redarc isolator?
                          I have my 105AH battery on the tray, just trying to find the best spot for the isolator.
                          Will post a pic tomorrow. The supplier for TJM trays welded an extra bit on for the Isolator. "Well that's what I used it for"
                          Dual Battery
                          80Ltr Waeco
                          91Ltr Longrange Tank
                          3" Lovells/Bilstein
                          3” Exhaust
                          Winch
                          NP 05 DID

Comment

Redarc

Redarc is mounted behind the L.H. headlight.
                            Last edited by sidewinder; 26-09-07, 11:26 PM. Reason: Add text

Comment

Ah Sweet. That was one spot I was looking at. Did you earth it on its mounting bolt?
                              I also saw a spot down on the chassis rail that looked good.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X