Daul Battery NL Exceed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daul Battery NL Exceed

Hi all, fairly new to this forum so apoligies if its been belted before!!
    I own an NL 99 Exceed and want to fit a second battery to run a fridge at least 50Lt in size.
    Ive just had a look in my crowded engine bay, where the bloody hell do i fit it??
    My Paj is on gas and I have the back boxed in and have some slide out draws and compartments eithier side of these where I could fit a battery, but not one the size that is under the bonnet.
    Is this an area I can use or do i have to redistribute parts under the bonnet. I'd like to attempt this myself, I have no experience whatsoever in car electrics but I reckon I could do it. What do you guys think, any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Goody
    04 NP Exceed
    3.8 V6
    My 2nd car and boat tow vehicle
    I love her

Anyone!!!
    04 NP Exceed
    3.8 V6
    I love her

Comment

ok.. i will, i run a 60lt waeco... and don't use a second battery... if i was going to do some very remote stuff i may just consider it.
      My car starts every time from overnight use... but you need a good battery and if it's more than 3yrs old.. replace it..or at least test it often.. then you know you have a good battery
      it's cheaper to buy one of those booster jump starts things for every other occasion

Just my thoughts.. as i would rather spend the money on holidays

Ray

Comment

Thanks for that reply Cutting it.
        Do you use the 12V socket on the back left hand side to power your fridge or have you upgraded it to something more heavy duty. I have read somewhere that this will melt or is not up to running a fridge????
        I like your idea about using an emergency jump starter as back up, as I would probably get one anyway, and I would rather spend the money on holidays as well
        All the best
        Goody
        04 NP Exceed
        3.8 V6
        I love her

Comment

Get an emergency jump starter with a 12v socket on it and run the fridge off that. Portable, long lasting, rechargable while driving and no chance of flat car battery.
          Cheers,
          Rob

2007 NS VRX DID Auto - ARB Bullbar, Dual Deep Cycle Batteries, Nightstalker HID's, Family Pack, Tow Bar & Lift, Illuminated Side-Steps, Bluetooth, Neoprene Seat Covers, Mio Digiwalker C520 GPS.
          1989 NG EXE Tdi Manual - Cooper ATR's on 16x8 Sunraysia's, Tough Dog 2" Lift

Comment

How long would one of those emergency "Jump Start" thangs run a engel/waeco 50 lt fridge for? Are you seroius or joshing around??
            I like the idea of saving money and stuffing around but would this get up do the job? Would it power a fridge for say 15 hours
            I see you have dual batteries on one of your vehicles NS Rob, your not taking the p!ss out of me are you

Goody
            04 NP Exceed
            3.8 V6
            I love her

Comment

Hey Goody,

I wouldn't take the piss out of you

I love my dual battery system (now, not when it was first put in). Had a few issues with it that needed sorting. Of course, I have heaps of room in my old truck to fool around with in the engine. I've seen people run their waeco's and engels off these things. Portability is great as you're not wired up to your car. You can take your fridge anywhere as long as you can carry it. Not sure about charging time, amp hours, CCA's, or running a 50lt fridge, you'll have to find that out for yourself.

Check the following links and make up your own mind.

http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Topic/...g_battery.aspx

http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/View.a...um/Default.asp

http://www.discountcamping.com.au/in...rpack/recharge

Or you could just type portable battery jump start fridge into google like I did (now I'm taking the piss ).

Good luck.
              Cheers,
              Rob

2007 NS VRX DID Auto - ARB Bullbar, Dual Deep Cycle Batteries, Nightstalker HID's, Family Pack, Tow Bar & Lift, Illuminated Side-Steps, Bluetooth, Neoprene Seat Covers, Mio Digiwalker C520 GPS.
              1989 NG EXE Tdi Manual - Cooper ATR's on 16x8 Sunraysia's, Tough Dog 2" Lift

Comment

Hi,

i still use the factory set up in the back socket, have used the jumper to run the fridge as well... .. but only for about 6-8hrs.

Going to change the back socket so it will still power when i take my keys out, but like i said... if i was going to do remote stuff.... actually thinking about it now... you'd probably go with another car or two... so i think i would still save the money.

Ray

Comment

Thanks for the links NS Rob, they were very interesting and educational.
                  Dual battery seems to be the go, but for half the price I could get a battery pack that will give me 56 a/H.
                  I'm not a person who is a full time 4WD nut, tow a van mostly and we are heading inland and north(Birdsville/ Kakado) this time next year so i am sourcing all my requirements for the trip early.
                  My van fidge is an old 3 way and I was thinking about buying a compressor that fits into the car to keep beer, food cool for those stops overnight in isolated spots. We wouldnt be staying any longer than a night in these place and probably use van parks most of the other times. Maybe a cheap and nasty genie is the go!!!
                  Anyway, thanks all, its been interesting

Goody
                  04 NP Exceed
                  3.8 V6
                  I love her

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X