Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What solar panel to buy ????

Hi i would love to get advise on solar panel purchase
    I am looking at a 250kw panel to bolt to roof rack of my Triton, the options are

1.New unknown brand say for $210.00 full warranty or
    2. 2 year old Bosch Solar Panel $ 250.00 5-year warranty or
    3. 2 year old ECSolar Panel $125.00 5 year warranty

My question is does a better brand panel have more chance on the roof of a Triton of lasting than a unknown. Is the warranty still good like on the roof of your house i say not.If anyone has done this drop me a line.
    thanks Warren

I,d go for the Bosch. You should get at least 10 years use from one. Solar panels vary in quality and Bosch is one of the better quality ones. I onlu use BP panels but I got these at give away prices. Kyocera make a good panel as well. 250 watt should give you about 12-14 amp/hr. I recently looked at the folding panels and there are too many unknowns. Buy quality first up. A good quality regulater is also just as important.

cheers
    Dicko FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
    Having lots of friends on facebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...both meaningless.

Telegraph X camper

Comment

I don't profess to know a lot about setting up for sola panels but I would check that those warranties are valid for the new owner after all is said and done they will be second hand also they may not be a full five year warranty they may be pro rata and if they fail you may have to put up some money to replace or repair if that was the case you may have been better off buying a good quality name brand to start with just my thoughts some times cheap is not cheap
      Cheers
      Georgie
      2015 Sahara
      Black Mica in colour
      BFG A/T 275x70x18s Black Widow drawers Redark dual battery system GME CB radio Redarc Tow Prow Elite

Wish List lots

SOLD 2013 GLX- R Pajero

Comment

If you are not all over solar systems there are some pit falls. Particularly if these are house panels that you want to use for a 12v system.
        The myswag forum is full of information about solar. I'm no expert but I suggest that
        Check the output voltages for the panel and you will have to select a suitable regulator.
        Sorry I'm being cryptic, ran out of knowledge.
        Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the reply's have just purchased 200kw panel for $100.00 and a
          40A EPSOLAR Tracer MPPT Solar Charge Controller Regulator.
          Went for the cheap panel because will do a lot off beach camping,but good controller
          Now looking for folding set of panels to add.
          Cheers Warren

Comment

200kw is a big panel mate. Lol
            Sorry couldn't help myself.
            Good price for 200w though.
            Hopefully it's a true MPPT

Don't forget pics of your set up when done

Comment

Originally posted by green troll View Post
              200kw is a big panel mate. Lol
              Sorry couldn't help myself.
              Good price for 200w though.
              Hopefully it's a true MPPT

Don't forget pics of your set up when done
              Agreed, and a link?
              02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

Guys has anyone use VIC OFF ROADS for solar or 4x4 stuff
                cheers

Comment

i got a vic rds solar panel got done it was supposed to 60 w flat out getting 30 w tried swpping for better cables nah still read the same very disappointing regards john

Comment

I just had the 4wd supacentre 160w folding panels delivered. Tested on Saturday morning and measured over 9A being delivered to the car batteries with the headlights on. There was some high cloud around so might even manage a bit more. Happy with that for $200 delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I prefer to have the panels mobile and not bolted to the roof so I can park in the shade and move the panel around. You can also angle them properly, whereas on the roof, they just point straight up so most of the day they aren't as efficient as they should be.
                      2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.

Comment

Originally posted by reelchippy View Post
                        Guys has anyone use VIC OFF ROADS for solar or 4x4 stuff
                        cheers
                        Just put a 100w from Vic off road on roof no probs great panel, my uncle bought a 100w flexible panel very tidy indeed.
                        Pajero NT RX 2011
                        Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
                        LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X