12 volt sockets in 2000 NL Escape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 volt sockets in 2000 NL Escape

Hi all, just new to this forum, also a long way away (Qld), but I'd like to ask you people who actually have pajeros.
    I have just acquired this vehicle and have not had power points in other vehicles before. It is a question that probably been asked of you many times before but_____ Are the 12volt power sockets in the back and front of the 2000 NL Escape Pajero models good enough to handle 12 volt fridges? I have made some inquieries locally and answers range from yes no problem, to no definitely not -you'll burn your car down!Most seem to recomend running new wiring but as i havent use the fridge in the car before and a quick look at the vehicle construction itself and suggested placement, it seems more trouble than its worth?!

Can't comment on the 2000 NL, but the rear in mine is fine. 0.1v voltage drop from the battery and enough juice to power my Waeco.

If I could be bothered ripping up the panels and carpet I'd definately rewire with some thicker stuff with a high copper content to the rear.

Do you have a voltmeter?
    Cheers,
    Rob

2007 NS VRX DID Auto - ARB Bullbar, Dual Deep Cycle Batteries, Nightstalker HID's, Family Pack, Tow Bar & Lift, Illuminated Side-Steps, Bluetooth, Neoprene Seat Covers, Mio Digiwalker C520 GPS.
    1989 NG EXE Tdi Manual - Cooper ATR's on 16x8 Sunraysia's, Tough Dog 2" Lift

Comment

I have run an engel from the back socket of my NL Escape for 2 weeks with absolutely no problems.

Comment

Same hear.. have a NL.. use a waeco.. never a drama... me thinks if your worried about it... put a fuse behind the sockets.

Ray

Comment

NL Wiring must be a whole lot thicker than the Gen 3's. The factory cabling in the Gen 3 is pathetic - 1.4V drop running a Waeco CF60. I ran decent cable from the battery via a fuse block and now have 0.1V drop. I would highly recomend going to the trouble as I doubt that the factory NL wiring is ideal. Guess it depends on how much you use the fridge.

Pat.
          16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
          10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

The wiring in a all Pajeros to the rear socket is so pathetically thin, that if I had the time, I would put in a complaint about misrepresentation of the product when they advertise it as a 10 amp socket.

Here is the result of testing at 4.7 amps - battery 12.53 volts, at rear socket 11.46 volts - a drop of 1.07 volts. The acceptable voltage drop in a 12 volt system is 3% - 0.4 volts. At 10 amps the voltage drop at the rear is more than TWO VOLTS - shame Mitsubishi, shame.
            Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

I see your point, and i havent checked this, but with the car running, voltage at teh battery terminals would be somewhere around 13.4??? At 10amps you would near have an "acceptable 12v" at the back? Well more so a 12 volt device would run off it...???

Comment

mmmm, but that voltage is lost to the resistance of the thin wire which = heat, and heat = more resistance which = more heat and so on.
                16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
                10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

True, but its proportional - i should check, but imma guessing with the car running its about right.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X