2 DIN Head unit??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 DIN Head unit??

I am planning to install a reversing camera into my future NM GLS/Exceed. My preference is to install a 2 din LCD monitor into the dash of the Pajero. Does anyone know if it is possible to relocate the air con controls to where the 6 stack CD player resides. Obviously this would center around the air con controls being all electric and not having mechanical linkages. So Cliamte control air might be a pre-requisite. It is easy enough to extend any existing electrical wiring, but not so easy if there are linkages. Havent actually got a Pajero yet, just planning ahead!

Cheers
    01 NM Exceed 3.5l Auto, SVI LPG, Pacemakers, Alloy Bar, IPF lights, GME TX3440, OME/King Suspension, 2" Lift, Toyo OCII 75's, 2500Kg Tow Hitch, Milford Cargo Barrier, ARB Fridge, ABR Dual Battery isolator, Rear storage drawers, Hema Navigator 7, JVC 7" In dash DVD, TJM Compressor, 2.5T Hand winch and all the bits that go with it, and a 17' Jayco Westport.

Its been done before - link was on the old site, wouldnt have a clue where to find it now....

Comment

can be done. All you have to do is move a black hose that comes off the back of the climate controls. I did it a while ago and I found that the controls were a little bit harder to reach, but I wasn't installing a double din unit, so all was ok to go back to the old way.
      Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/

Comment

Yep,
        We've done it too. Just be sure the new head unit does all that you want it to do. We went through three different models to get the one that best suited us. We had ours installed by the local auto parts shop along with other stuff. A big thumbs up for the installers for their patience. More than happy to discuss pros & cons of the models we looked at, PM if you'd like to.

Deacs

Comment

For those that can't quite picture the end result, here's what it looks like.

Just be aware that to install the 2DIN head unit you will need to relocate the 6 disc CD staker elsewhere. However you'll need to make sure that the new head unit will actually run the staker so you might just have to put it into storage as we did.

Comment

Originally posted by Deacs View Post
            For those that can't quite picture the end result, here's what it looks like.

Just be aware that to install the 2DIN head unit you will need to relocate the 6 disc CD staker elsewhere. However you'll need to make sure that the new head unit will actually run the staker so you might just have to put it into storage as we did.
            Cool .. i have been inquiring of our local experts about installing a Pioneer double DIN AVIC unit in my NP.... obviously they aren't very expert because they said it couldn't be done..maybe they weren't game to move the heater controls

Comment

Looks better than original! Excellent. Thanks all for the input. Deacs, I do have your details and I will give you a call to discuss, just as soon as I get a spare minute. I wander if maybe the Pioneer AVIC unit has more depth due to it containing a HDD, than the dash will accommodate? They are supposed to fit to any standard 2Din space, so maybe just them being lazy. Most of the 2din head units now have USB/Memory card input so there is no real need for multi disc player (stacker) so just box it up until it's time to upgrade the Paj!

Cheers,

Calspec
              Last edited by Calspec; 18-10-07, 03:05 AM.
              01 NM Exceed 3.5l Auto, SVI LPG, Pacemakers, Alloy Bar, IPF lights, GME TX3440, OME/King Suspension, 2" Lift, Toyo OCII 75's, 2500Kg Tow Hitch, Milford Cargo Barrier, ARB Fridge, ABR Dual Battery isolator, Rear storage drawers, Hema Navigator 7, JVC 7" In dash DVD, TJM Compressor, 2.5T Hand winch and all the bits that go with it, and a 17' Jayco Westport.

Comment

Dear Deacs,

what types can run the staker? im thinking of JVC avx800 or 900 would it work?
                thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by john_char View Post
                  can be done. All you have to do is move a black hose that comes off the back of the climate controls. I did it a while ago and I found that the controls were a little bit harder to reach, but I wasn't installing a double din unit, so all was ok to go back to the old way.
                  Damn so it can be moved. When i attempted it i found the controls/cables on the rear were a little on the short side. So i put it back to its original spot. Where is this hose sitting does this give you enough room to move the cables? Any further advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Comment

WaleedAM, Sorry can't help with other head units to control the factory CD stacker. I'd suggest that if you want to keep the factory stacker you search for head units made by the same manufacturer.

wrexed03, Again it's sorry for you to, I didn't have the patients to work it out myself so I had the local autobarn do the install and move the heater controls. After it was moved I did notice that the temp controller was a little stiff to move, if the cables are now stretched as you suggest, this could be the reason.

Deacs

Comment

You really can only move the heater controls if they are the climate control type from the exceed, these don't have the push/pull rods hanging out the back. All they have is a plug in the back and a hose which is easily move able.

john
                      Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/

Comment

Originally posted by john_char View Post
                        You really can only move the heater controls if they are the climate control type from the exceed, these don't have the push/pull rods hanging out the back. All they have is a plug in the back and a hose which is easily move able.

john
                        Buggar ..looks like i won't be getting my controls moved oh well.. i have lowered my sights from a double din AVIC unit back to a plain old single DIN DVD with rear view camera ... sighs

Comment

Simon,

I don't know how ours was done, and we certainly don't have the climate control type from the exceed model, so I can only assume that it can be done because ours is.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X