Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with rear speakers

Hi all,

just wanted to know if any of you know how to get to the rear speakers in a 94 pajero. They have a speaker cover but I can't seem to get it off and don't want to bust it. Is there something special I need to know or do I need to force it that little bit ?
    ---------------
    Cheers
    Wayne

1994 Pajero NJ LWB GLS 3L V6/TJM Bullbar/SCA Spotties/DVD/Rear Camera/Tint & more to come

if its the same as a NL, you need to get the screws behind the plastic liners (ie the trim panel needs to come off)

bernard
    2003 NP DID GLS Auto, 50mm Iron Man Suspension, ARB BBar, Chinese winch, custom fridge/equipment rack, Rhino RoofBars and alum TGM roof rack, UHF CB, Bridgstone D697 265/70-16, Safari Snorkel, Polyair

Comment

It is the same as the NL, and the whole rear quarter trim does need to be removed, enjoy

Comment

not a fun job

make sure when you buy speakers you don't buy large powerfull ones, otherwise the magnets will hit the outer panel. I took the trim panels off, removed the speakers then took the speakers down to a local autobarn to find a speaker of relative depth. (the SWB model has slightly more room then the LWB) I ended up buying a pair of 300w pioneer 6x9's, They are not fantastic although considerably better then the OEM 6' 's

no easy way around the removal of the trim
        UPGRADING FROM THE NH TO AN NP EXCEED

anyone want an NH? - 2" suspension lift, King springs, Rancho RS 5000 Shocks, 27.5mm Rockcrawler Torsion Bars, 265/70 R 16" BF Goodridge All-Terrains, CIBIE Super Oscar 100 watt, UNIDEN UHF / scanner, Dual Battery, 140L Longrange fuel tank
        $6500

Comment

What is the standard size of the rears and the fronts for that matter if anyone knows. Kenwood normally have some of the smaller profile speakers so I might look at a better set of those. I'm guessing the fronts are only 4"s though.
          ---------------
          Cheers
          Wayne

1994 Pajero NJ LWB GLS 3L V6/TJM Bullbar/SCA Spotties/DVD/Rear Camera/Tint & more to come

Comment

fronts are 4'
            rears 6 '

anyone want an NH? - 2" suspension lift, King springs, Rancho RS 5000 Shocks, 27.5mm Rockcrawler Torsion Bars, 265/70 R 16" BF Goodridge All-Terrains, CIBIE Super Oscar 100 watt, UNIDEN UHF / scanner, Dual Battery, 140L Longrange fuel tank
            $6500

Comment

I thought GLS in the NH onwards was a 6x9 in the rear? At least it is from the NJ

Comment

Hmm, well I have the NJ. Maybe I should pull the trims just to make certain before I go buying the speakers.
                ---------------
                Cheers
                Wayne

Comment

I thought that both the NH and NJ have 6' speakers in the rear, though the speakers are mounted in an adaptor plate which is a 6x9 speaker size. So the speaker hole in the body of the paj is made for a 6x9

similar to the front doors of the TH magna, 6' speaker hole in the door but no speaker....

$6500

Comment

Mines a 95 GLS 3.5 with stock 6x9's(not anymore), not sure when they started that though? Perhaps it was only the 3.5's then?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X