Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radio resetting itself

Hey Guys,
    This will probably sound like a silly question, but hopefully it has a simple solution. I have a NJ Diesel and about every second or third time i start it from cold start the radio losses all the preset stations and i have to preset them all again. Almost everyday ahhh! ITS DRIVING ME MADDDDD!
    Please help

Cheers firefly

I would get the vehicle's battery checked out, I'd say it's on it's last legs!

Comment

Yep, check the battery. Also a sign of bad battery connection. Try removing the battery terminal clamps, cleaning the posts up with some hot water, even run some sandpaper around the inside of the clamps before putting them back on nice and tight.
      01 NM Exceed 3.5l Auto, SVI LPG, Pacemakers, Alloy Bar, IPF lights, GME TX3440, OME/King Suspension, 2" Lift, Toyo OCII 75's, 2500Kg Tow Hitch, Milford Cargo Barrier, ARB Fridge, ABR Dual Battery isolator, Rear storage drawers, Hema Navigator 7, JVC 7" In dash DVD, TJM Compressor, 2.5T Hand winch and all the bits that go with it, and a 17' Jayco Westport.

Comment

Hi Had the same problem with my UHF when the battery got down a bit , ( standing in shed and no trips) the UHF would jump to fixed channel, only when on scan , after 100 ks no problem , but got a 70ah battery and no longwer a problem.
        Cheers Des.

Comment

This is a commom problem in diesel vehiles, due to the high commpresion the starter motors draw a lot of current which causes the supply volts to drop to the point that the radio resets.

Another way around the problem is to purchase a large capacitor, with a suitable large diode in line (positive supply) to prevent the vehicle discharging the cap when the vehicle is off. This should hold the volts to the radio up while the vehicle is starting.

regards

harold

Comment

Originally posted by gp339gm339 View Post
            This is a commom problem in diesel vehiles, due to the high commpresion the starter motors draw a lot of current which causes the supply volts to drop to the point that the radio resets.
            NJ are reduction gear starters so don't require much current to wind over comparitive to the direct drive of petrol motors.. what really hooks into the current is the glow plugs on the diesel.

Poor earth will cause the same problem with the radio dropping out. So check the earth connection to the vehicle body.

What does wonders in cleaning up the engine bay and battery is a little washing soda in warm water tipped over it.... really cleans off that white growth stuff and crud.
            'No Princess' - NJ LWB - Modded 2.8TD

Comment

NP DID headunit

My original headunit just started doing the same thing with not holding preset stations.Also when pushing menu and then trying to adjust bass/treble/fader etc the increment selection jumps from one extreme to the other then just displays the word flat
              I just tried one of those fm modulators and thought it may be the cause of problems but even when removed I still get the same as above. Has got me buggered. - unless it just coinicided with end of battery life.
              Vehicle is 10/04 - what battery life DID owners getting out of their original?
              04 GLS Auto DID,ARB bar, Bilstein/Lovells,stedi 240 w light bar, DPchip, Cargo Barrier, dual batts, etc

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X