Lerderderg day trip......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lerderderg day trip......

I want to go play with the new NM to see how it feels and handles, I still have allot of work I need to do but want to find out if the springs/shocks are ok to leave or will need replacing.
    Thinking on Sunday 17/11/13
    Rick

Disclaimer:

"Subject to any insurance cover organised by the Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria ["the Club"], the Club accepts no liability for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property arising directly or indirectly from attending any trips advertised on this web-site. Forum members and other accompanying persons undertaking these trips do so at their own risk and should make their own enquiries as to any insurance cover. Trip participants acknowledge that in the event of inappropriate behaviour, the designated Trip Leader is entitled to ask the offending person or persons to leave. It is acknowledged by Forum members and other trip participants that the Pajero 4WD Club & the Pajero Club Public Forum web-site provides a forum for trips as a community service, and, whilst every care is taken by the Trip Leader, is not intended to convey any responsibility for the trips themselves on the part of the Club"
    Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
    New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

I'm in.

Trip Details

Location: Lerderderg State Forest. Meet at MacKenzies Flat at the end of Lerderderg Gorge Road. Map with meet location indicated.
    Time: Meetup on Sunday 17/11/13 at 0930 (not set in stone). Will be a few hours (home well and truly for dinner).
    Trip Difficulty: Beginners and first timers encouraged. There is a good range of difficulties available in a disused stone quarry that we will head to first. The rest of the park is usually very basic.
    Max vehicles: Not too fussed. Less than 15 (not expecting anywhere near that many). More the merrier!
    Vehicle Requirements: Stock vehicles will be absolutely fine given that care is taken (took an X-Trail through part of this area recently). Rear recovery point is required (HD towbar on it's own is fine).
    What to bring: Basic recovery gear encouraged as always but not required. Need to be self sufficient for lunch/water. UHF required (I have two handhelds that are available for use on the day, PM me if required)
    Fuel: Bacchus Marsh. Usually used <1/4 of a tank round trip when I used to come over from the SE suburbs so pretty cheap entertainment.

Currently Attending:
    1. my.paj (NM Pajero)
    2. TC.Barky (NL Pajero)
    3. Downunder35m (NJ TD Pajero)
    4. kibz (NM Pajero)
    5. Redrock (NJ Pajero)
    6. Bilgeboy (NK TD Pajero)
    7. shambles (NL Pajero)
    Last edited by TC.Barky; 17-11-13, 07:08 AM.
    MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
    Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

This will be the perfect trip for first timers so if you want to get out and give your 4x4 a try jump in and let us know.
      Rick
      Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***

Comment

heading up there tomorrow with a few friends. going to try to find anderson mill. would love to go on tbe 17th but have something on already.
        Cheers,
        Andrew.
        Cheers,
        Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
        Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

Was there just a few days ago and overall conditions are perfect.
          The mill won't be accessible as last time I checked the track heading to it was closed until further notice, only walking possible.
          But please don't ask where it is - I only "found" it by accident and remembered because you menioned the mill.
          Apart from the old slate quarry there really is not much left than good dirt roads, not counting the few bad areas where people fu... the hills.
          Since it is not much further away for most people, going Wombat might be more interesting??
          At least we would have decent chance to play in some mud holes.
          There is a nice track near the Lerderderg river crossing (I thing near Wheelers track or so??) looked good at first but further down it needed a lot of skills over the rocks while avoiding to hit the trees.
          But either way, if the weather is good and I don't forget it I will be in for a day of fun.
          Might even bring a few DVD's with my maps on it in case someone needs more maps.

If you just want to check your springs and suspension:
          Grab a nice hot blonde and have some adult fun in the car while the wife checks the movemet of the car from the outside.
          Depending on the outcome you might not need a car for a few months though....
          '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....
          Password for all my files: downunder

Comment

Think he's wanting to test his car on ground we know to see what needs to be changed to bring it inline with his NL. Maybe save wombat proper for another time. Means we can take inexperienced people out too as we can guarantee (to an extent) the difficulty level with areas we know.

Unless I've completely misinterpreted what Rick is after of course in which case I'll shudup
            Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

Ture that, not much that can go wrong in the Lederderg area.
              If it is nice and hot we all might jump into the creek to cool down.
              '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....

Comment

I've found the mill on google maps, so no problem there. Thanks for the heads up on the sidr track off Andersons Mill track being closed.
                Cheers,
                Andrew.
                Cheers,
                Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
                Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

I just need a place like Lerderderg to see how the NM feels height, shocker fade, trani, etc its a place I know and dont want to extreme as I have no winch and may only have hwy tyres.
                  Rick

Comment

On a dry day hwy tyres are no problem in the Lerderderg.
                    No having a winch is compensated by us and a few straps
                    There is plenty of little pot holes, corrugated areas especially in some corners and plenty of rocky terrain in the old quarry.
                    Nothing a stock standard Paj could not handle with ease

Comment

Rick has asked me to throw together some trip details, all information is on post #2.

Comment

Maybe so first timers are not too scared:
                        Recovery gear will only be needed in case you want to check the limits of your car and get stuck while doing so.
                        I always have a basic set of recovery gear in the back and a winch in the front, so if you don't have proper recovery gear (yet) than don't see it as an excuse not to attend!
                        There will be enough capable cars and equipment provided by others members to get you out of everything you could get stuck in
                        Some might remember my stupid attempt to get into the quarry the wrong way, would have been lost alone but we manage to get me going in less than 15 minutes

Comment

To good thanks TC, I only need to to do 3 small things then count down the days.
                          Rick

Comment

If there is still room, I would like to to go on this day trip. My son is on his L-plate and all the experience he can get 4wd will help him when he is in his own 4by.
                            Cheers,
                            Paul

Comment

Originally posted by kibz View Post
                              If there is still room, I would like to to go on this day trip. My son is on his L-plate and all the experience he can get 4wd will help him when he is in his own 4by.

Course mate, I'll add you to the list.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X