EOI: [WA] Southern Beach Run and Harvey/Brunswick 23-24/11/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EOI: [WA] Southern Beach Run and Harvey/Brunswick 23-24/11/13

Unfortunately short notice I know. With the usual excitement for another trip post the last one I am putting up an EOI for WA, It was suggested possibly heading south of Perth on a Saturday morning for a run along a beach before heading into Harvey/Brunswick for a camp and possible play on the Sunday.

Who: Open invite

Committed:
    Nik
    Maximage (and neighbours)
    Stevemc181
    bigfella78
    Pajman (Only Saturday)

Maybe:
    bakerboy
    sharkcaver

When: Saturday/Sunday, 23rd/24th November

Where: Mixture of Preston Beach and Harvey/Brunswick.

Terrain: easy to extreme.

I have been around Brunswick in a stock Gen 4 and sustained a little bit of damage. the higher suspension and more extreme your tyres are will help but I'm still on highway terrains.

Distance: Approx. 500km's round trip

Description: Starting off with a run along Preston beach then heading to the Old Coast Road Brewery for lunch before making our way into either Harvey or Brunswick for some more exciting tracks. We'll make camp for the night probably at either Stockton Lake or Logue Brook Dam. Both are DEC campsites with facilities and fees ($7.50 per adult/night). In the morning we can attack some more tracks before heading back to Perth.

Car Limit: None

Meeting Point: Miami Plaza shopping centre on Old Coast Rd. Within a couple of hundred meters there is a servo, bakery, Woolworths etc.

Meeting time: 8:30am for a 9:00am departure

What To Bring: Food and drinks, camping equipment, recovery equipment and clothing suitable for the weather conditions.

UHF: Channel 15

Contacts: Rhys (Me) via PM

Disclaimer: "Subject to any insurance cover organised by the Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria ["the Club"], the Club accepts no liability for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property arising directly or indirectly from attending any trips advertised on this web-site. Forum members and other accompanying persons undertaking these trips do so at their own risk and should make their own enquiries as to any insurance cover. Trip participants acknowledge that in the event of inappropriate behaviour, the designated Trip Leader is entitled to ask the offending person or persons to leave. It is acknowledged by Forum members and other trip participants that the Pajero 4WD Club & the Pajero Club Public Forum web-site provides a forum for trips as a community service, and, whilst every care is taken by the Trip Leader, is not intended to convey any responsibility for the trips themselves on the part of the Club"
    Last edited by grhyso; 19-11-13, 03:48 AM.
    2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

That's perfect timing for me. I've got a mate coming over and we were going to go away 4wding that weekend - count me in.

If we meet at the Miami bakehouse those that get there early can enjoy some of their fine cuisine (pies & sausage rolls)
    2005 NP Platinum 3.2 DID Auto, Lovells HD springs, Bilstein shocks, Firestone Airbags, ARB bar, Warn XD 9000 winch, IPF 900 Xtreme Sport lights, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards, Outback Accessories rock sliders, GME 3200 UHF, CTEK Dc to Dc Dual Battery system, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2 tyres, Torque Converter lock-up kit, Safari snorkel, Taipan high performance exhaust, LRA 66lt long range fuel tank.

Comment

I'm keen too. Was planning on doing a boys weekend with the neighbours either side of me and that weekend was one of the possibilities due to one of them being FIFO. Given the FIFO one (experienced Patrol driver) has bursitis and will be getting an injection in his shoulder, his Physio (my wife!) has given him orders not to drive (I know, I should reign her in), so he will play passenger and trainer to our neighbour from the other side of me who is a newby *cough*Prado*cough* driver.

That's assuming people are ok with a Toyota coming along? It's ok, I have the winch still if it ends up like the Landcruiser ... :-)

Will see if the two guys up the road with Pajeros are keen too. One of them is a lurker here.
      SOLD: 2013 DiD VRX, MM locker, Dueller 697s, ARB bull bar, Runva EWX9500-Q winch, full Bushskinz plates and sliders, Lovells/Bilsteins with PolyAirs, Airtec snorkel, Jonny Tig Front Mount Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" exhaust, RalliArt ECU, FuelManager diesel pre-filter, EGR block & catch can, BRC breathers, Hella 4000 HIDs, LED Light Bar, BCDC dual battery system, Tow Pro Elite brake controller, Couplertec, spare tyre lift, Whispbar roof racks.

Comment

I'm gonna try and make it, provided my suspension and tyres get fitted next week
        SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
        NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

BTW Rhys, think there is a copy/paste typo, you mention meeting at Pinjarra Saturday AM under the Description heading.
          SOLD: 2013 DiD VRX, MM locker, Dueller 697s, ARB bull bar, Runva EWX9500-Q winch, full Bushskinz plates and sliders, Lovells/Bilsteins with PolyAirs, Airtec snorkel, Jonny Tig Front Mount Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" exhaust, RalliArt ECU, FuelManager diesel pre-filter, EGR block & catch can, BRC breathers, Hella 4000 HIDs, LED Light Bar, BCDC dual battery system, Tow Pro Elite brake controller, Couplertec, spare tyre lift, Whispbar roof racks.

Comment

I'm a maybe, but it does sound like a good trip
            If I agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

Thought that looked familiar haha

Me and a mate were planning on a bremer run that weekend but if the winds are up I'll be switching plans. Pencil me in!!!
              1997 NK - Quad cam goodness turning 33 Duratrac's and 4.9 diffs, 2inch lift, steel front/sides/rear, front locker and a winch

Now pending: Nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Maximage View Post
                his Physio (my wife!) has given him orders not to drive (I know, I should reign her in)
                So your wife doesn't read the forum then Ash
                2005 NP Platinum 3.2 DID Auto, Lovells HD springs, Bilstein shocks, Firestone Airbags, ARB bar, Warn XD 9000 winch, IPF 900 Xtreme Sport lights, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards, Outback Accessories rock sliders, GME 3200 UHF, CTEK Dc to Dc Dual Battery system, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2 tyres, Torque Converter lock-up kit, Safari snorkel, Taipan high performance exhaust, LRA 66lt long range fuel tank.

Comment

Pencil me in as a maybe.
                  I am actually heading down South somewhere for an overnighter with the Missus this coming weekend. Not sure where to yet, maybe Margaret River area or Pemberton. Somewhere with a swimming hole!
                  2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                  3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

Originally posted by Nik View Post
                    So your wife doesn't read the forum then Ash
                    Gee, how did you guess!?

Comment

Dammit if I wasn't on night duty that weekend I would have tried to join!

Comment

unfortunately im working that weekend, you boys have fun and ill cyas next time

Comment

Cheers guys, original post edited. Pajman and baker boy I'll have to borrow some gps points of interest and possible camp sites if you don't come. The entire trip is open for discussion if anyone has some good ideas.
                          2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

I looked at doing a trip to here (Honeymoon Pool) last year, but didn't end up doing it in the end.
                            http://www.dec.wa.gov.au/campgrounds...roperty_uid=87

It's in the Wellington National park area. Sounded like a nice spot and it would make for a good place route wise to camp. If we did a beach run down Preston Beach then head down to Brunswick and then see if we can find some good trails through to here. Camp the night then head back up through Harvey/Brunswick for some trails on the way home on Sunday.

Does anyone know the area/campsite?

Comment

I thought I'd seen a thread about this place on here before. Did a search and found this one
                              http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=27473

The second post from Lurch suggests not camping at Honeymoon Pool but a few km up the road as the crow flies.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X