WOMBEYAN CAVES - Mid Jan 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOMBEYAN CAVES - Mid Jan 2014

Gents, just thought I'd throw this out there because its going to come up very quickly and we may need to book in advance

The plan is to camp overnight at the Wombeyan Caves (National Park) and spend the two days down there exploring the caves and more importantly the 4wd tracks on offer. I've heard a lot about the area and the easy access to the southern end of the Blue Mountains NP, at this stage I'm looking at the second weekend in January 2014 but will need to firm up dates shortly.

Disclaimer:

"Subject to any insurance cover organised by the Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria ["the Club"], the Club accepts no liability for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property arising directly or indirectly from attending any trips advertised on this web-site. Forum members and other accompanying persons undertaking these trips do so at their own risk and should make their own enquiries as to any insurance cover. Trip participants acknowledge that in the event of inappropriate behaviour, the designated Trip Leader is entitled to ask the offending person or persons to leave. It is acknowledged by Forum members and other trip participants that the Pajero 4WD Club & the Pajero Club Public Forum web-site provides a forum for trips as a community service, and, whilst every care is taken by the Trip Leader, is not intended to convey any responsibility for the trips themselves on the part of the Club"
    Last edited by Gus; 22-11-13, 04:48 PM. Reason: Added disclaimer
    2015 MQ Triton GLS Manual, TJM XGS Suspension, TJM rear step/towbar, TJM Snorkel, Projecta Dual Battery, Bridgestone MT 674's...Eaton rear E-locker

Very interested. Will depend on work for me.
    '02 NM GLX 3.2 DiD Manual
    Bullbar, 2'' Ultimate Suspension, Cooper AT3's, Spotties.

Comment

Originally posted by magic View Post
      Very interested. Will depend on work for me.
      Same here
      MY05 NP DiD Auto Platinum. Custom scratches. ARB bar & 12000lbs winch. Maxxis Bighorns. BushSkinz Bash plates & slidders. TJM auto guard. Gear box, trans & diff breathers. Rhino racks & Pod. Awning with LED. Dual batteries. HID Narva 225's. Airtec snorkel. 2" Lovell/Bilstein lift. GME TX3500. Wetseat covers. Pioneer BT deck. Cargo barrier. Beaudesert exhaust. Rear storage & CF80. ARB onboard air. NS 18s for the black top, 80L LRA tank. HPD Catch Can. HPD Intercooler.

Comment

I would be interested depending on work. Did I read here or some where else, work is a 40 hour interruption to my weekend.
        If your up for a swim there is a good swim up the gorge near the caves, good spot for some tyres or blow up mattresses.

Terry
        2005 NP GLX DiD,Alloy bullbar, Rallye 2000 driving lights, dual batteries,icomm UHF, 2" lift Ultimate Suspension, HD front,SD back with Ironman air bags, TJM underbody protection, HD valve body and Torque Converter, Engine Watchdog. In tow,Track Trailer T van.

Comment

Ok, I know its been a little quiet from my end but I've spoken to the ranger at the caves and she's advised that overnight camping is $14 per person or $36 per family. I'm looking at going on Saturday 11th Jan, so PM me if you're interested other than that have a good xmas and new year.

Facilities:
          • Amenities block
          • Gas/electric barbecues (coin-operated)
          • Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
          • Drinking water
          • Other facilities/equipment
          • Hot showers
          • Flush toilets
          • Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
          2015 MQ Triton GLS Manual, TJM XGS Suspension, TJM rear step/towbar, TJM Snorkel, Projecta Dual Battery, Bridgestone MT 674's...Eaton rear E-locker

Comment

Sounds good RG some good tracks to explore up that way and the taralga pubs is good place to refresh. Although i am hopping mid Jan means the 19th - 20th ????
            mods, bridgestone 694 LT 265/65, ulitmate suspension 2 in with poly airbags, side awning

Comment

Hi Picard, I was looking at the 11th Jan. I'm really limited that month with weekends unfortunately.

Comment

Thats cool mate, its matter of timing, i have to time it right one day

cheers
                mods, bridgestone 694 LT 265/65, ulitmate suspension 2 in with poly airbags, side awning

Comment

Thats a bummer i'll be out of country untill 15th. Pencil me in for the next trip. Always a good day out.

Comment

Gents I might be able to push the date to the following weekend being the 18th? Let me know before I approach my work to try and swap around

Comment

I may be able to make it out for a day depending which weekend you choose. I've done Caves to Caves trip twice. There is some really fun tracks out that way.
                      2010 PB LS- ARB Bull Bar, Runva 11XP winch, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, Ultimate suspension lift, Bushskinz plates, Kaymar rear bar with single wheel carrier.

Comment

I have only just seen this thread. I can't do the 11th as I'm already committed to a Southern Highlands drive with another car forum but we could do the following weekend. We're all set for camping gear but don't have any 4WD experience. Would the tracks you have in mind be suitable for a newbie with a basic PA challenger?
                        98 PA Challenger 3.0 LSD, Aux trans cooler, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Maxxis A/T 700s, Tough Dog foam cell dampers & Leaf Springs.

Comment

The roads to the caves are just dirt. Winding on eastern side.
                          the caves to caves re the lime burners is closed.
                          your stock car will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by oz951 View Post
                            Would the tracks you have in mind be suitable for a newbie with a basic PA challenger?
                            I did Caves to Caves twice in my modified X-Trail. We even had stock standard X-Trails complete 90% of the trip with us. A stock PA will be fine.
                            2010 PB LS- ARB Bull Bar, Runva 11XP winch, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, Ultimate suspension lift, Bushskinz plates, Kaymar rear bar with single wheel carrier.

Comment

OK, thanks for the feedback.
                              98 PA Challenger 3.0 LSD, Aux trans cooler, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Maxxis A/T 700s, Tough Dog foam cell dampers & Leaf Springs.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X