Billy goat bluff track vic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy goat bluff track vic.

Im planning on heading to Dargo to do the Goat bluff track between Boxing day and new yrs.
    ive never done it and dont know the area.
    My plan is to leave Sydney early boxing day and get to the Dargo area and camp somewhere then do the Goat track the next day then camp again and the head to the coast for a look and camp.
    if any members are planning to be in the area at that time and would like to meet up then let me know.
    Any advice on camping spots and access would be much appreciated also.
    Have a safe xmas everyone and hope to see a few members on the tracks.
    Cheers, Chris.

Ive heard the track to the pinnacle s is closed do to bridge work.
    is this correct?

Comment

Cant say about the road closure for sure although I suspect it wouldn't be Billy Goats Bluff, possibly the other road from the west. Camping spots-Talbotville, about 25k's from Dargo if you follow McMillans track. Lots of space, next to water. Very nice area although may be busy and will be hot!
      2001 NM 2.8TD GLS Pajero, ARB bar, 9000lb Tmax winch, Airtec snorkel, GME UHF, breathers, 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, rear storage, Ebay HID's, King EHD lift, LED lighting, dual battery kit, bushskinz intercooler/sump guards, narva +120 globes, tigerz awning, Exedy HD SMF clutch/flywheel kit, pinstriping aplenty...

To do list: Locker, sliders, transmission guard, blah blah blah....

Comment

We were up there a few months ago. There was a bypass track through the creek beside the bridge works then. Should still be there I would think.

Also camping at Black Snake creek and Eaglevale, Talbotville, is probably the best but they will be busy. Plenty of spots along the way though.
        Last edited by wasarangie; 20-12-13, 03:38 PM.
        SOLD MY11 PB LS Challenger Manual,

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.

Comment

That bridge work we saw is on Moroka Road, if you go up and down Billy Goats then it should not be an issue.

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.

Comment

Thanks fellas

Comment

From Parks site:

Pinnancles Fire Tower via Moroka Road is currently closed due to a new bridge being constructed on Moroka Road at Little River. Access to Horseyard Flat camping area is still available via Moroka Road but not beyond.

http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/explore/pa...-national-park

So as above, Billy goats completely open if you go up/down there. You can presumably still get out via castle something-or-other track (forget the name, castle hill I think?) if you are looking for varied drives.
              MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
              Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

Also of note:

Seasonal road closure Blue Rag Range Track has been re-opened to the Trig Point. However, the track is closed beyond the Trig Point due to emergency stabilisation following the 2013 Alpine fire.

Trig point is as far as most people go anyway however.
                MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
                Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

http://www.fwdvictoria.org.au/iconic...nnangatta.html

Track notes at bottom rhs for some added info.
                  99 NL Exceed Manual, TJM Alloy bar, 33" Summit Mud Hogs, 7" HID spots, 18" LED Lightbar, Uniden UH7760, snorkel, 13,000lb rope winch.
                  Rear telescopic LED light and Hi Lift Jack, 3 X 2.5M awning, Treds.

Comment

And you could not pick a worse time of year to do Billy Goats. Traffic will be murder on the track.
                    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
                      And you could not pick a worse time of year to do Billy Goats. Traffic will be murder on the track.
                      It's not too bad if 4wders stick to the golden rule. Coming down gives way to coming up. Few places vehicles can pass and if your in convoy try and scan for conversations of vehicles on the track and let them be aware of your direction.
                      It was suggested to me the Billy Goat should have it's own designated UHF channel, and to me that really makes sense!
                      Dave
                      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
                        Easter was the worst I have seen. 25 vehicles going down past us, 17 vehicles waiting at the top when we got up there.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.
                          I'm reassessing my trip.
                          With the loop I wanted to do closed and the info on crowds I think I will wait till early autumn or late summer to go.
                          I didn't think it would be to busy. I thought most ppl headed for the coast.
                          Anyway, thanks again and have a good and safe xmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                            It's not too bad if 4wders stick to the golden rule. Coming down gives way to coming up. Few places vehicles can pass and if your in convoy try and scan for conversations of vehicles on the track and let them be aware of your direction.
                            And how many times does that fail.
                            Problem is a lot are not experienced at all and just come charging down and meet you head on coming up. With "what now" in there eyes.

Too many "heros" that time of years for my liking.

I try to avoid billy Goats on any public holiday/festive season.
                            .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                            NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

yep we gave it a miss M/Cup weekend, there was cue top and bottom.

great drive but can get busy as.

Now Barkley river jeep track, that is a great run, and no where as busy.
                              havent been for years though.

Michael.
                              2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X