Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle Problem.........

HI GUYS,

I HAVE A 1993 GLS PAJERO AND SEEM TO BE HAVING A BIT OF AN IDLING PROBLEM. AS I START THE VEHICLE SHE IS FINE , BUT AS I DRIVE SOMETIMES AND THEN BECOME STATIONARY THE REVS HAVE INCREASED TO NEARLY 2OOO+ SOMETIMETIMES AS THE VEHICLE IS TRYING TO DROP IDLE IN STATIONARY THE REVS ARE GOING UP AND DOWN. I HAVE CHECKED THE CABLES TO SEE IF THEY STICK BUT THEY ARE OK AND CRUISE CONTROL IS ALSO FINE AS I HAVE DRIVEN THIS DISCONNCTED TO SEE IF IT PULLS THE CABLE BACK ITS SELF.I THEN SPRAY CARBY CLEANER INTO THE CARB AN SHE SEEMS OK FOR A FEW DAYS BUT THEN THE HIGH REVS BEGIN SLOWLY AGIN.HAS ANYONE GOT ANY SOLUTIONS AS I THINK IT MAYBE THE THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR OR THE IDLE SPEED CONTROL MOTOR. HAS ANYONE GOT ANY SOLUTIONS PLEASE.....

Hi Hawk66,

You guessed it right, the Idle Speed Control Motor is your cause. For a Quick Fix you would like to take off the ISC and give it a clean, If it happens again, I suggest you replace it.
    NJ Shortie 3ltr
    ARB Bullbar, ARB Front and Rear Air Locca, polyair bag suspension, Airtek snorkel, Dual Battery setup, Exhaust setup, Big Doof Doof Stereo

Comment

Thanks For Your Feedback And Helpful Advice , I Tried Cleaning It Up But Still Played Up. I Have Now Replaced The Idle Motor And It Now Is Working As It Should Be Once Again, Will Look Forward To Seeing If We Can Assist Each Other Again ........................hawk66

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X