flash lube or auto fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flash lube or auto fluid

hi there , i have heard that if you have a gas conversion and using a flash lube kit , that you can use auto trnmission fluid instead of the actual flashlube itself. has any one heard of this or is doing this ? cheers

I've heard this also from a person I've known for about 12years who does LPG installs. Auto trans fluid is what he himself uses and 3 of his installers also said it's what they use. I'm told it's pretty much the same stuff except for the added colouring in trans fluid. But I've also read stories of other oils/fluids being used as well in different places. I myself am no expert and have no idea if this is good or not to be honest. I've not had a car on LPG long enough to see any good/bad results as yet.
    ---------------
    Cheers
    Wayne

1994 Pajero NJ LWB GLS 3L V6/TJM Bullbar/SCA Spotties/DVD/Rear Camera/Tint & more to come

Comment

why would you want to?
      Cheers, John
      Auto Electrician 35+ years
      NM but with tricky electrical setups of course.
      And that's the wank wank wank and more wank factor out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by John McFarlane View Post
        why would you want to?
        Quite simple, Auto trans fluid is far cheaper at being only about a 5th of the price or there abouts.
        ---------------
        Cheers
        Wayne

1994 Pajero NJ LWB GLS 3L V6/TJM Bullbar/SCA Spotties/DVD/Rear Camera/Tint & more to come

Comment

thats correct it does become a bit expensive using flash lube all the time .

Comment

Many years ago I owned a Series 3 Landrover and I used to run it on unleaded fuel with Auto Trans Fluid in place of Falsh Lube, And I had no problems at all, But then again, The old Landy's motor was certainly not as technical as anything in a Pajero, Not sure how sensor's or fuel injectors would like it?
            2002 NM 3.2DiD GLS

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X