Chip Choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip Choice

Don a lot of reading through the forum and my current choice for a performance chip is

http://www.bushjunkie.com.au/index.p...-3-2-di-d.html

Its sold through www.bushjunkie.com.au for $899 but they seem to be reselling it from www.diesel-power.com

Gives 147kw to 170kw (15% to 25% Increase)

Stock Tuning Increase
    147 KW 169 KW + 22 KW
    200 HP 230 HP + 30 HP
    441 Nm 507 Nm + 66 Nm

Looks to be pretty good and in my price range. Plus on a totally superficial level its from a German company with 20+ years history dealing with the trucking industry.

Just want to throw a question out there to see if there are any horror stories about this chip (I can't find any).

With my Paj being an NW I've found that a lot of the websites don't list it and although its probably identical to its predecessor i'm not keen on dealing with a company selling a product for a machine that it can't take the time to update its website about.

My alternative choices go as follows:-
    www.chipmydiesel.com.au for 685
    www.chipexpress.com for 666

It then drops to
    www.dieseltuner.com.au but found comments about that causing the engine to go into limp mode when towing on steep hills.

Then www.chipit.com.au which obviously seems to be popular but the $$ are a little higher and I've read a lot about customer service issues, wrong parts sent etc and as the website is one of those ones that doesn't list the NW.

Opinions and contradictions welcome....
    19 Exceed 3.2 AUTO Diesel - Stock with lots of Pipe Dreams.

Just finished reading an articule about chipping. The main point to come out was to make sure the chip company gives a full warranty covering the engine etc, as some companies chips only increase the fuel. They need to increase fuel, air, timing etc and also keep the EGT's down to a reasonable level. Also, a larger is needed to get the best out of any chip. Bob
    98 NL GLS 3500. Now with a Bocar bullbar and 265/75/16 tyres. Waiting for a snorkel and UHF.
    Now with 7" HID

Forget the health food, I need all the preservatives I can get. Alcohol is a preservative isnt it?

Comment

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=35103

Have a read of that.
      2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

Originally posted by grhyso View Post
        Already done but not fully understood. That's the reason for a last ditch holler to see if my choice is a dud.

Comment

Check out the Gen 3 section, there is a good discussion on there about chips. Just don't buy cheap as you get what you pay for and it is your motor at risk. Bob
          98 NL GLS 3500. Now with a Bocar bullbar and 265/75/16 tyres. Waiting for a snorkel and UHF.
          Now with 7" HID

Forget the health food, I need all the preservatives I can get. Alcohol is a preservative isnt it?

Comment

On my second Chip now, had a Chip It first and removed that and had a Diesel Smart Module Fitted...Not Cheap but they are 2 different Chips..Chip It Ramps up the fuel rail pressure and Diesel Smart changes injector timing...Chip it by far had the most power but very smokey on the higher settings but as I learnt can be detramental to Injecctors over time due to the higher rail pressure. Quite often it would throw codes which would put the car into limp mode. At one stage had to put the chip by Pass in to get the car to run, so that was the last straw and out it came.

I drove the car with out a chip for a few months and towing the car had nothing and was not fun at all to drive so the diesel smart went in after seeing it at the 4wd Show last year in Perth. I have been very happy with this Module and the power I get and has been pretty good (Dyno'ed at 400mn at the wheels) still get the odd code but not even close to the amount we got with the Chip It..

Do your home work and do not just buy on price like quoted before, it is attached to your engine and expensive if something goes wrong..
            Last edited by Thomo238; 21-11-13, 11:59 PM.
            2011 NT RX 3.2DiD.ARB Winch Bar,Avenger 9500lb Winch,ARB Lockers,OME 2' Lifted Suspension,Poly Airs,58lt LRA Tank, Redarc Dual Battery Kit,Snorkel,Rock Sliders,GME UHF TX3340,265/70R17 MTZ's,Full Under Body Protection,48lt S/S Water Tank,HID Spot Lights,LED Light Bar,Custom Made Rear Draws,Diff Breathers,Diesel Smart Module,B&M Tranny Cooler,Dual Wheel Carrier,Rear,Camp Light,In Dash GPS,Coupler Tech,Tyre Monitors,Scan Gauge,3' Manta Exh,HPD InterCooler,RhinoRack etc

Comment

My advice for you common rail guys is not to use a chip that ups the rail pressure, as the earlier post said he had injector trouble, this, along with possible piston failure.$1000 for chip, $3000 for set of injectors, make sure you investigate the 'workings' of the chip before purchasing.
              2004 NP exceed DI-D: Bilstein/Lovell 2"HD lift, Bushskinz guards & sliders,Tigerz 2x2.5 awning, Toyo Opat 2's, Safari snorkel, SR 3" exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Thomo238 View Post
                Do your home work and do not just buy on price like quoted before, it is attached to your engine and expensive if something goes wrong..
                Yep, I probe made light of my reasons for my choice.... this is the extract from the product... does it sound like it does the things you say?

This will take you from 147kw to a massive 170kw There is a lot of mis-information and market bred confusion as to how diesel performance systems work. Some make outrageous claims that are simply technically impossible. Below we will outline the function of a Diesel Power Module in plain English, allowing you to understand what it does and how it will benefit your vehicle. The Diesel Power Module brand have two types of modules, single channel fuel rail modules and two channel fuel rail and boost pressure sensor modules. The single channel fuel rail module is an interceptor module, it intercepts signals coming from the ECU going to the fuel injection rail and sends modified signals back to the ECU from the fuel rail. MYTH: Some competitors claim that their fuel rail modules change engine timing. FALSE! A module that is installed downstream of the ECU cannot physically have any influence on the timing of a motor. The ECU has already calculated this information and sent it to the relevant control mechanisms. TWO CHANNEL FUEL RAIL AND BOOST SENSOR MODULE The two channel fuel rail and boost pressure sensor module offers all of the features of the single channel module and works in the same way, but also offers direct modification of the boost signal which optimises air flow into the motor creating even more power and a smoother torque delivery. These modules are engineered specifically for individual motors, meaning tighter fuel mapping and better performance. At under $1000 these modules offer significantly better value than competing single channel modules retailing for over $1400. When you buy a Diesel Power Module you take advantage of a strong German engineered and manufactured product with over 20 years of diesel tuning and development of performance modules. Diesel Power does one thing and this is performance tuning modules for turbo diesel and petrol motors . They are the world market leaders in plug in user friendly Diesel Power Modules

Comment

Originally posted by Thomo238 View Post
                  had a Chip It first and removed that and had a Diesel Smart Module Fitted...
                  What is the website for this one?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X