30 micron filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smallfry View Post
    I fitted the Diesel Care 2micron secondary filter at 23k, then changed the factory filter at 30k service & then both at 60k service. As you can see from the photos the factory Primary is quite clean and the finer secondary is 75% contaminated. If you were solely relying on the factory filter, there is an awful lot of junk that would have travelled through the pump & injectors. Cheap piece of mind considering the refurbishment costs of CRD parts.

And that is exactly why I have a secondary......Not really in MM,s best interest to have perfectly clean fuel going into a motor.....At $5,000 a pump they,d lose a lot of money..cynical...only from experience.

cheers
    Dicko FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
    Having lots of friends on facebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...both meaningless.

Telegraph X camper

Comment

Thanks guys. Think I'll go the 2 micron.

Cheers
      PC Challenger MY2104. MT. Silver. The Ultimate Suspension (Lovells coils/spring, heavy duty front, medium duty rear with Aussie Ryder struts/shocks),TJM bullbar, TJM 9,500lb winch, safari snorkel, genuine towbar.

Comment

Originally posted by MorgansPC View Post
        Thanks guys. Think I'll go the 2 micron.

Cheers
        Morgan

It may be worthwhile to ask supplier for an efficiency rating for filter and also flow rate.

Without an efficiency rating to state a particle size is meaningless.

The Donaldson 3 micron kit is rated at 99% efficient and 114 LPH flow rate.

Data on efficiency rating and flow rate should help in making an informed decision.

Hill

Please note I have no association with Donaldson. I just like their products
        200 Series
        AOR Quantum 4

Comment

What's up guys ,
          I hope Christmas went well for all of you I come to this post because I discovered a pretty big problem on my 2007 shorty .
          See for yourself in photo ....

After thirteen years, it might be normal, since our fuel is disgusting here.......

I emptied the tank, and cleaned everything
          Last edited by Fbo974; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Finding a primary fuel filter, where I live, is quite complicated, 13000kms from Australia, 10000 from France, and not many people with this kind of spare part here.

10kms from my home, there is a marine shop, and it has this filter there with water decanter .

Finding Donaldson is mission impossible (apart from ordering in Australia 3 weeks delay), luckily I saw this store, and it is the only one he has

Comment

I could therefore use it first, and keep the OEM filter second (10microns) .
              It can do the trick rather than having nothing, what do you think?

Comment

I now understand better why my scv valve was often dirty, and my fuel filter also clogged quickly , and i had like fuel cut sometimes which was quite unpleasant when driving

I have an LHD, and I thought to install the filter in this corner there

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X