Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good looking water trap

Hi

Spied this nice looking water trap at Dowerin Field Day the other week on a Mitsubishi Canter. Just what I've been looking for but is it okay to put under the bonnet?

Mal
    Attached Files
    NP GLX DID Auto
    ARB winch bar
    Nite Stalker Spots
    265/70/16 MAXXIS 770
    Towbar
    TX3200 UHF
    Tekonsha Prodigy
    Kingsley Side Steps
    Polyairs
    Rhino Track Mnt Bars

Originally posted by mal&glo View Post
    Hi

Spied this nice looking water trap at Dowerin Field Day the other week on a Mitsubishi Canter. Just what I've been looking for but is it okay to put under the bonnet?

Mal
    Mal I fitted the lucas 296 water trap ( looks the same) next to the factory filter by making a bracket send me a private mail with email address and I will send you photos if like
    Muzza
    Muzza
    2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
    2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
    2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

Hi Muzza
      I looked at using the 296, but was advised against it by an Adealide diesel pump shop because of the quite small port sizing of the 296 filter housing and the reduction in bypass cooling/lubrication fuel flow through the injector pump hence looking at alternatives with no or little fuel fow restriction.
      Mal
      NP GLX DID Auto
      ARB winch bar
      Nite Stalker Spots
      265/70/16 MAXXIS 770
      Towbar
      TX3200 UHF
      Tekonsha Prodigy
      Kingsley Side Steps
      Polyairs
      Rhino Track Mnt Bars

Comment

Originally posted by mal&glo View Post
        Hi Muzza
        I looked at using the 296, but was advised against it by an Adealide diesel pump shop because of the quite small port sizing of the 296 filter housing and the reduction in bypass cooling/lubrication fuel flow through the injector pump hence looking at alternatives with no or little fuel fow restriction.
        Mal
        I set the unit up over 80K's ago and have had no issues at all, including hi fuel demands, (I tow a large van). I also work very close with several pump rooms in sydney as part of my work who also set the units up. The cooling effect in the pump is not done by fuel bypass, rather it is cooled by fuel flow. If the filter was restrictive the pressure would drop, the impact would be on the timing,
        I hope this helps
        Muzza
        Muzza
        2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
        2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
        2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X