Fuel Economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Economy

Hi All, Now I'm not in anyway linked to any fuel brand or have ever been one of these people who has said one brand of fuel is better than another, But I would like to see if anyone else has experienced the same as I have.

My Pajero is a 1996 2.8l TD NJ Wagon. On a recent trip of 4800 klm whenever I used BP diesel, my fuel economy was in the 9 - 9.5lt/100klm and any other brand of fuel returned a 10.5 - 11lt/100klm
    2002 NM 3.2DiD GLS

hey there just on fuel economy.. i drive a 89 swb pajero 2.6l petrol and the fuel economy is shocking!! 240km / 60 litres of fuel now i have taking the car to my local mechanic and he says he couldn't find anything wrong and that is about normal for these models?? I have a sneaking suspicion my mechanic doesn't know shit and think it could need a carbi rebuild... As i have previously only driven deisel landcruisers any insight would be much appreciated!! cheers

Comment

The old Astron engine didn't give great economy in a stigma, so I can imagine it in a Paj would be shocking. But you are talking 25L/100km and that is really bad. Reckon the carby is overfuelling you. Can your mech or local dyno shop check your AFRs?
      Current ride. EP91 Starlet Auto
      Missus car: 2005 Platinum DiD Auto, H/R Towbar, Rhino Sportz Aero Bars, Redarc Isolator, Elec Brake Controller. 2" Lift and LT Tyres.

Comment

Used to drive an NC shorty with the 2.6 and it got pretty good consumption. Can't remember figures (was too many years ago) but would have been around 12/13 lt/100K. Take it to a Dyno place and get it tuned properly.
        Cheers, John.
        LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
        Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

Anybody got any fuel consumption figures for a new NS Exceed?

I've got a MY05 NP Exceed and get around 10.5L/100k around town and 16~17L/100k towing a 2400kg caravan. My friend however has a new NS Exceed and he's only getting about 13.5L/100k around town.

This doesn't sound right as I would have thought his economy would the same if not better than mine.

Comment

diesel or petrol

Comment

Originally posted by zacc View Post
              diesel or petrol
              At 10.5l/100 around town and 16-17 towing 2500kgs, it would HAVE to be a diesel.

The petrol is used to have (3.5 Mitsu) got 13-14 around town and 22+ towing.

My 05 Exceed 3.2DID gets the same as PBExceed. My van is around 2400 kgs - Jayco 23'.

Cheers
              NS Exceed DiD auto, Mousebar, Headlights and Cibie Oscars with HID bulbs

Comment

Originally posted by breadman View Post
                Hi All, Now I'm not in anyway linked to any fuel brand or have ever been one of these people who has said one brand of fuel is better than another, But I would like to see if anyone else has experienced the same as I have.

My Pajero is a 1996 2.8l TD NJ Wagon. On a recent trip of 4800 klm whenever I used BP diesel, my fuel economy was in the 9 - 9.5lt/100klm and any other brand of fuel returned a 10.5 - 11lt/100klm
                Yes, I've had a little bit of variation in different pumps. That is very good economy you quote. The lowest I had my 2.8TD down to was 10L/100, and that was when I first bought it (i think it was running lean too). I've had the timing advanced a little now and returns around 11-11.5L/100km.

Does yours blow much smoke? If so what colour?
                NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

It blows a very very tiny amount of black smoke while it is under boost i.e. 1800rpm upwards, Other than that, no smoke at all. I change oil and oil filter every 5000 k and Fuel filter every 10 000 k
                  2002 NM 3.2DiD GLS

Comment

hi
                    i drove my NS (1000kms old) from Camden to Wagga on the weekend and averaged 10.5l/100km Headwind all the way..coming home got down to 9.6l/100km with a slight southerly..yes wind makes a huge difference..all while sitting on 120km/h with the C>Control on..(actually 115km/h...GPS) Yesterday drove in city traffic to Stleonards (M5-M1) between 70km/h and 110km/h and got down to 9.1km/litre..this should get better as engine beds in.. hope this helps... two years ago i towroped a friend in a fully laden 80 series from the Frenchmen Tk entry (Cape) to Archer Rvr..about 112kms along the Development Rd in my 2004 Man.Did @around 90kms/hr and averaged in the high 14's..it was better than 80 series was getting under its own steam..haha.will post pics later.
                    regards
                    tas
                    Previously..owned a 2004 DID Exceed modified with dual batt. Bilsteins and 2inch lifted springs, Rhino tray, Gunyah Awning (see Gunyah Website for pics) TJM bull bar,HD Towbar, !00ltr flexible water tank(fits i rear well) Uniden CB, BFG ATs.. Cape York, Simpson, Birdsville (x2) Fraser, Gulf Country, Oodna track..

Now, NS Exceed Di-D HD tow,diff lock,rear sep.net dual batts.. steinbauer soon!

Comment

My cousin's brother in law has a limited edition SRT Dodge Viper - 44L / 100!!!!!

Here endeth the discussion about bad fuel economy!

Regards

Peter
                      | Gunmetal NS Exceed DiD with Dakar leather | Factory rear Diff Lock | Alloy Nudge Bar | MMCS | Moonroof | GME TX3440 | Custom rear Storage | Stebel Compact Air Horn |
                      | Ford Focus XR5 Turbo in Electric Orange |

Comment

I have the NS Did exceed.

Best I have got for a tank is 10.7/100km when doing a trip up the highway.

Around town I still get around 13l/100km for every tank. I have really been dissapointed in this and thoughti it would be a lot better. Hopefully it is not just my vehicle as it sounds like others are getting about this as well.
                        thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                        1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Hi all,
                          I have a NS VRX Petrol and i get about 12.7 -13.5 around town (usually less then 13.5)
                          gee 13 for a diesel doesnt sound very good!! I think id be a bit dissapointed.
                          I have noticed that peopple have widely varying fuel consumption.
                          I think it has to do with where you live too.
                          Im not sure you can class peak hour traffic as driving so I would disregard any figures obtained in peak hour traffic.
                          Last year when my Paj was 3000 km's old I went up north did 8000km's and averaged about 13l/100km but I was always going into the wind (not towing) I was a bit dissapointed because usually when i hit the highway i get about 11l/100km having a head wind makes a huge difference.

cheers
                          Adrian
                          NW Pajero VR-X
                          Currently stock

Comment

I get 11.5L/100km around town (Newcastle) with oversize tyres (worst ecom than std tyres)

Highway - 10.5L/100km (265/75R16 tyres)

Standard Tyres - Highway was low 9's

- DiD Auto NP MY05
                            --
                            Marquis
                            SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X