X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warn XD9000 Winch

Hi.
    Got given a Warn XD9000 in Bits.
    I have cleaned the rust from the Motor Windings and sorted out the Motor, with a couple of new Bearings. Brushes Look Like this winch has not done Much Work.
    Cleaned up Gearbox Rust, and looks ok.
    The only parts Missing are 2 of the 3 Brake 'Pads'
    I intend to add this winch to My NL Pajero, if the Dominator Fails.
    Would any members have the missing two Brake 'Pads' ?
    Thanks.

whitehillbilly

https://www.amazon.com.au/WARN-32455...32622921&psc=1

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

I had a Google to see how available they are-bloody hell! Solid gold or something

The earth on those winches seems poor at best, especially given the premium prices charged for them. I came across some document about modifying them, and in there they recommended drilling and tapping the end of the motor housing so you could screw on the "brush holder"or whatever it's called for better earth. I taped that joint also to try and stop water getting in there, seems to be common given the corrosion inside.

You want me to see if I have the document still?

Comment

Thanks Stu. That would be great.
        Thanks Old Jack. Spent a few hrs searching the Brake pads. Everyone wants to sell you that whole Kit. No One sells Just the 3 pads.

whitehillbilly

Comment

Found these 2 documents related. On is the standard manual, the other the modifying document. I didn't like the idea of sealing the drain holes completely, as water is bound to get in, so I want it to get out. I just made sure that the holes that pointed down were left open and everything was well sealed everywhere else.

Hopefully these help
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Stu.
            Just Printed them Off.

whitehillbilly

Comment

What could Possibly go wrong ?image.png

whitehillbilly

Comment

Well everything worked Perfect.
                Thinking of making up a temporary Plate to use on my Car Trailer.
                Beat Hand winching, and probably don't need the brake, until I can source some parts.

whitehillbilly

Comment

Originally posted by whitehillbillies View Post
                  What could Possibly go wrong ?image.png

whitehillbilly
                  hahaha
                  2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Dunlop ATG3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, more to come...

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X