Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual zone fridge/freezer experiences?

Gday guys,

I am tossing up between the Waeco CFX65 and the Primus Mammoth 65: (dual zones). The Evakool IB65 and IB70 are also on the list.

I am getting varied power consumption figures between the same models on different websites including the manufacturer's sites.

Anyone able to shed some light on comparable energy consumption for these fridges models and do you have an opinion on the most energy efficient and better made units? I prefer the Primus/Evakool but would love to hear everyone's opinions!

Cheers.
    MY04 GLX Pajero, Airtech snorkel, dual batterie system, Narva 225's, Avenger 9500lb winch, Uniden UH7760 NB Compact & AE4018k2 6.5db aerial, Abber water tank in 3rd row seat cavity with water pump & sender, Best Offroad twin draw system with wings, 3x rear 12v outlets, 50mm Bilstein/Lovells suspension lift, BFG 265/75-16 A/T's, ARB winch bar with cabin operation, Windcheetah/Roadrunner 2.2 mtr aluminium roof rack, inverter....

Hi this is just my opinon but I was in this spot 6 months ago um and argh so much I took pic read up on dual system look at all of them couple guys said just get a unit the does 1 or other I put mine on minus 5 and put frozen stuff on bottom of unit then I put a divider on top of that can use anything tea towel then I put cold stuff on top so I dont use it as freezer but a really cold fridge,, what I brought was evakool travel mate 65 l and I have no complaint and half the price of big over priced name brand thats my opinion and take your time and decide carefully really take your time and reserch regards john

Comment

Have a read here on some power consumption tests I've performed. I'm still yet to find something that equals the engel in regards to power economy. That said, all my testing has been in fridge mode.

http://sharkcaver.blogspot.com.au/20...1_archive.html

but doing some research on the above fridges you state:

CFX50: I note waeco seem to be using a number of different branded compressors now in different models. This one is stated as a "waeco compressor" so draw your own conclusions on what that means

I note it is using VMSO. The CF50DZ I tested which also had VMSO is the closest contender in power usage to the engel I have tested so far. Same compressor (BD35F) as many other fridges I have tested, but markedly more frugal in the consumption stakes. I can only put its efficiency down to VMSO. I would give this high consideration. According to waeco, this will use 19Ah per day @ 5 degs internal, 32 degs external.

Primus 65 DZ: This has the larger danfoss compressor BD50F (now known as secop, whom purchased Danfoss portable refrigeration). That compressor alone will increase power consumption. And that shows in the specs, coming in at 21Ah per day. Bear in mind, the specs stated do not show cabinet or ambient temps, so its impossible to compare to the above. Anyone that doesnt show comparative specs sounds a warning to me. Also noting metal cabinets if not insulated well can increase consumption due to thermal conductivity. I do not feel engel is good in this regard, but its power consumption overcomes this shortfall. So minimal specs, BD50F and metal cabinet......if power consumption is important, be wary.

Evakool IB range: I've picked the IB70 as evakool's site does not list the IB65. I suspect its now obsolete. This has the smaller Danfoss BD35F compressor. Same as my FM70. What I can tell you is my FM70 is the most power hungry compressor fridge I've ever tested (but I still love it to bits due to its functionality for my purposes, I just need to manage my batteries accordingly). But even worse than Primus, it tells you jack re its power consumption (only mentions amp draw - only half the story). On that note alone, I would leave it alone and tell evakool why you purchased something else.. Shame on you evakool. It also doesn't have direct ac input. The other two do.

So I've done the above to try to put consumption units on a level playing field. Only Waeco is putting full consumption specifications for all to analyse

Hope the above gives you more food for thought.

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. My14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

Love from the dime a dozen, lonely army type/weekend warrior dude with a dual cab and all the same shit as everyone else who doesn't know any better. Thanks for the tip Bru.

NX buildhttps://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ive%5B1%5D.gif

My Journeys

Comment

Cheers fir the responses guys, low spec figures all over the place from the manufacturers doesn't make it easy to TRY compare apples with apples hey!

Sharkcaver, I didn't know Waeco had a CFX50DZ all I've seen is the non dual zone?

I contacted Evakool re the IB70 they tell me it's more efficient than the IB60 so that was good (although still no 240V direct power), however I still can't get comparable power usage figures between them all!

Might send an email to them all requesting figures on all the points I need to know...
        MY04 GLX Pajero, Airtech snorkel, dual batterie system, Narva 225's, Avenger 9500lb winch, Uniden UH7760 NB Compact & AE4018k2 6.5db aerial, Abber water tank in 3rd row seat cavity with water pump & sender, Best Offroad twin draw system with wings, 3x rear 12v outlets, 50mm Bilstein/Lovells suspension lift, BFG 265/75-16 A/T's, ARB winch bar with cabin operation, Windcheetah/Roadrunner 2.2 mtr aluminium roof rack, inverter....

Comment

Found these specs on this site, more than Evakool supply: www.australiandirect.com.au

Energy Consumption 2.7-5.4A

Power Consumption:
          Start up current: Unit will draw approx 6A/h for the first few minutes when first started up then drop down.

In 32°C ambient testing conditions;

Refrigeration Mode Current Draw from
          - All Fridge (both sides set to 4°C) 1.1 Amps/hour
          - Fridge/Freezer (4°C & -15°C respectively) 2.2 Amps/hour
          - All Freezer (both sides set to -15°C) 2.5 Amps/hour

Comment

Amazing the manufacturer cant provide those specs hey!

So to even it up a little, those IB70 figures equate to 26Ah over a 24 Hour period (fridge mode). So if all these values can be obtained in the real world, then the evakool is the most power hungry of the lot. And that tallies with my real world analysis of the FM70, which will chew twice the above value.

A link to the CF50DZ:

http://www.waeco.com.au/products5.as...0&subCatId2=69
            MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. My14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

Love from the dime a dozen, lonely army type/weekend warrior dude with a dual cab and all the same shit as everyone else who doesn't know any better. Thanks for the tip Bru.

My Journeys

Comment

Originally posted by Flea View Post

Sharkcaver, I didn't know Waeco had a CFX50DZ all I've seen is the non dual zone?
              They don't.......Sharkcaver said CF50DZ, not the new CFX.
              02 NM 3.5v6 auto Exceed, seq gas inj,265/75/16 Wild Peaks,16x8 Ballistic alloys, 2.5" cat back, wild cat headers, Lovells HD/TJM Gold Series,30mm coil spacers in rear, dual batt, TJM/bushskinz, 4x4 equip axe & shovel holder, rev cam, 50L Waeco, Megapulse, poly airs, Safari snorkel, K&N, MM alloy b/bar, Roo Lite's, 21" light bar,remote mount UHF, extended breathers, ARB comp, Maxtrax, RTT, Batwing awning & much more!

my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/michealmannion?feature=mhee

Comment

CF, CDF, CFX.....with danfoss, wanbao, waeco compressors interchanged within the models.....all very confusing. I believe he was referring to the CF-50DZ and added the x by mistake

My Journeys

Comment

Have heard back from Primus, waiting on Evakool to compare their similar models. Those are around 6-7kg heavier than the Waeco, but all seem to average around 2 A/h, as opposed to non DZ's that are around 1 A/h. After sales service is important too.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X