Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bilstein and Lovell's Combo HD or SD?

Hi Guys

I know this may have discussed here but the exact issue I have is should I go for HD all around or SD all around, given that I have aux fuel tank in back and I will carry some load on back when I travel but no immediate requirements for tow anything, Also I dont have any bull bar or winch at the front and only duel battery setup. My main requirement is to get the 2" lift, So what is the best option for me go with SD or HD
    2008 NS Pajero Exceed V6, MM Tow bar, MM Nudge Bar, Duel battery, Long Ranger Aux Tank, K&N AirFilter, Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Polyair air bags, 7" HID, Rhino Rack,UNIDEN UH7760NB UHF, UNIDEN 870, Oricom UHFTP2180, V-Checker A301 Trip Computer, LED Dome Lights

i went the 50mm all round

ended up with standard in the back as the hd held the rear up a bit to much.
    NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

So did you go with SD all around?
      Do you have aux tank, duel battery, nudge bar or any other after market acc.?

Originally posted by Stoneman View Post
      i went the 50mm all round

ended up with standard in the back as the hd held the rear up a bit to much.
      2008 NS Pajero Exceed V6, MM Tow bar, MM Nudge Bar, Duel battery, Long Ranger Aux Tank, K&N AirFilter, Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Polyair air bags, 7" HID, Rhino Rack,UNIDEN UH7760NB UHF, UNIDEN 870, Oricom UHFTP2180, V-Checker A301 Trip Computer, LED Dome Lights

Comment

I have the HD all round. Slowly adding accessories as I go. When I first fitted the HD I had no accessories other than a tow bar and the factory nudge bar. I was more than happy with the ride and handling.

I was expecting a much harsher ride until I got some more weight on it, but this wasn't the case at all. I wouldn't bother fitting SD. I am having an ARB winch bar fitted tomorrow, but have been happy over the past 25000km with the HD springs and bugger all weight on the front.
        2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
        3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
          I have the HD all round. Slowly adding accessories as I go. When I first fitted the HD I had no accessories other than a tow bar and the factory nudge bar. I was more than happy with the ride and handling.

I was expecting a much harsher ride until I got some more weight on it, but this wasn't the case at all. I wouldn't bother fitting SD. I am having an ARB winch bar fitted tomorrow, but have been happy over the past 25000km with the HD springs and bugger all weight on the front.
          Hi Steve

That is the exact response I wanted, because I am not sure whether I will go for a bull bar or rear drawers or tow anything near future, but also dont want to get SD and later find cant fit the bull bar because of that, also any idea how much lift you got initially without load?

Comment

Go the HD all round, especially with the Aux tank in the rear

I have SD rear but use airbags when on a trip, will look at going HD in the rear soon
            2009 NT GLS DiD 5spd - ARB Deluxe bar, Tigerz11 12,000lbs Winch, Airtec Snorkel, ARB Front Locker, TJM Rear Locker, Hankook AT-M 265/70/17, Bilsteins, Lovells HD 50mm, Bushskinz Intercooler, Sump, Trans & Transfer Case Guards, Brown Davis long range tank, Pioneer Head Unit, ARB Dual Battery Tray, Redarc SBI12, GME TX3440, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Stebel alarm & car horns, Rhino Pioneer Platform rack, DIY (Rear Shelf, Sliders, Fridge Slide), Ultragauge, 3" Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by DareDevil View Post
              Hi Steve

That is the exact response I wanted, because I am not sure whether I will go for a bull bar or rear drawers or tow anything near future, but also dont want to get SD and later find cant fit the bull bar because of that, also any idea how much lift you got initially without load?
              I found my initial post when I first had it fitted:

Measuring from the centre of the wheels to under guard:
              Front Drivers Side = 555mm
              Rear Drivers Side = 565mm
              Fronts Passenger Side = 552mm
              Rear Passengers Side = 570mm

About a 60-70mm lift initially, I haven't measured it again since then. Made a hell of a difference to off-road capability though. I will be adding airbags at some stage, as when I towed our camper with 6 people in the car and loaded to the hilt, there was still a little sag in the rear end.
              2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

My experience has been the same as steve. I've had the HD's in for 4000km's and wouldn't change them. similar initial lift as steve and also I haven't remeasured yet. I'll eventually get a bull bar and hopefully some drawers also.
                2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

Originally posted by grhyso View Post
                  My experience has been the same as steve. I've had the HD's in for 4000km's and wouldn't change them. similar initial lift as steve and also I haven't remeasured yet. I'll eventually get a bull bar and hopefully some drawers also.
                  Thanks guys, so it seems HD all around, also if anyone has time can you measure and let me know whether the initial 60-70mm lift settles to around 50mm after sometime without adding additional accessories or it keeps on that level
                  Thanks again

Comment

I have a set of HDs waiting to go in very shortly, glad to hear people have been happy with suspension performance prior to fitting full complement of heavy bits.
                    2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

Mines a mn petrol, should be the same thou. I went HD in the rear and SD in the front as I have gas and no bullbar. I actually find the front a little harsh, the reader is perfect. As my old suspension was sagged a lot more than yours would be the measurements would not mean much but mine went up around 90mm and settled at around 60-70mm.

Comment

Here's a thread that may help also: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=35462
                        Cheers, Dan.
                        2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
                          I found my initial post when I first had it fitted:

Front Drivers Side = 555mm
                          Rear Drivers Side = 565mm
                          Fronts Passenger Side = 552mm
                          Rear Passengers Side = 570mm

About a 60-70mm lift initially, I haven't measured it again since then. Made a hell of a difference to off-road capability though. I will be adding airbags at some stage, as when I towed our camper with 6 people in the car and loaded to the hilt, there was still a little sag in the rear end.
                          I measured it up again today to check what it has settled to after about 26000kms and lots more weight in it.

I would have around 100 kg in the back + 1/4 tank of fuel and an ARB Deluxe bar on the front.
                          Front Drivers Side = 542 (-13mm)
                          Rear Drivers Side = 558mm (-7 mm)
                          Fronts Passenger Side = 545mm (-7mm)
                          Rear Passengers Side = 560mm (-10mm)

So I think it is holding up well as it's done some hard miles on rough roads/ tracks. Would still be sitting at around a 50mm lift from standard.

Comment

I'd go HD all round if you are fitting an extra tank on the rear.

After my Cape trip I noticed the front had dropped down.
                            I do have alot stuffed into the front, I've since fitted EHD Lovells and the truck is nice and even again, didn't notice any difference between HD & EHD.... my 2 cents worth.
                            MY05 NP DiD Auto Platinum. Custom scratches. ARB bar & 12000lbs winch. Maxxis Bighorns. BushSkinz Bash plates & slidders. TJM auto guard. Gear box, trans & diff breathers. Rhino racks & Pod. Awning with LED. Dual batteries. HID Narva 225's. Airtec snorkel. 2" Lovell/Bilstein lift. GME TX3500. Wetseat covers. Pioneer BT deck. Cargo barrier. Beaudesert exhaust. Rear storage & CF80. ARB onboard air. NS 18s for the black top, 80L LRA tank. HPD Catch Can. HPD Intercooler.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil View Post
                              I'd go HD all round if you are fitting an extra tank on the rear.

After my Cape trip I noticed the front had dropped down.
                              I do have alot stuffed into the front, I've since fitted EHD Lovells and the truck is nice and even again, didn't notice any difference between HD & EHD.... my 2 cents worth.
                              The op paj is petrol, I would think that HD or EHD would be to heavy in the front, fine in the back. Diesel with acc on the front different story.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X