Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pajero 2002 (Petrol) 100,000 Kms Service

Hi All,

I have major service due for 100,000 KMs for 2002 Pajero GLS NM (Petrol). I called few Mitsubishi dealers in Sydney and they estimated $850 (for timing belt and Spark Plug) and $350 (such as air filter and other things) if required.

Do you think this price is reasonable or should I shop around? I wouldnt mind paying $100/200 extra if service is done my Mitsubishi. If it is more than that then its a different story.
    Pajero 2002 GLS NM (Auto - Petrol)

Doesn't sound too bad for MM pricing. You could get it cheaper elsewhere.
    Cheers, John.
    LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
    Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

as above.... you could probably get it done for less elsewhere...

and if you're going to the trouble of doing it IMHo.. then i'd make sure the following are done at the same time to save additional costs in the not so distant future.. and give you peace of mind

* Hydraulic tensioner ( as sods law states, if it's quiet now... it will get noisy afterwards..lol)

* water pump
      * Thermostat (and coolant flush )
      * Tube seals and rocker gaskets ( kit form from Repco etc) and 1/10 the price

I'm not down there any more but there's a couple of places used to be cluey on Pajeros... ( Artarmon Automotive ?... if still around ) but anyone competent could do it

Cheers,

Pug

Comment

I did one for a mate the lot.
        Spark plugs
        Air filter
        Fuel filter
        Timming belt
        Idler pulleys
        Tenisoner
        Oil filter
        Oil
        And coolant

That was for $1000 the most expensive bit is the timming belt kit and tenisoner even so that alone is about 280-330 so hope this help I would not pay anymore then $800 for plugs and timming belt kit inc labour. Hope this helps

Mike
        2000 nm paj 2.8td arb bull bar 24" light bar arb under bonnet compressor tjm front air locker tjm 12000lb winch.

Comment

A week ago

A week ago I just had replaced............

Plugs
          Leads
          Tube seals
          Rocker cover gaskets
          Cam shaft seals
          Timing belt
          Tensioner
          Idler pulleys
          Water pump
          Coolent
          Oil/filter
          Air Filter

I supplied the parts and labour cost me $650. All things considered I'm pretty happy with that cost due the work involved.

Comment

Thank you all for replying...very good info from each of you...much appreciated

Where should I buy parts from? Repco or somewhere else??

I have seen few reviews about Artarmon Automotive. I will definitely check that out.

Anyone knows good mechanic or service centre in Sydney area?

Comment

parts

I purchased all my parts from Repco when they 30% off for NRMA members earlier in the year. Massive saving.

If your around the Penrith area I know a good mechanic. He's very honest and thorough which is exactly what I want.

Comment

Thanks guys, just another question.... At the moment car runs fine, I havent seen any problems or may be I am not aware of them. The only thing is that acceleration is bit slow sometimes specially while auto gear shift. Sometimes I have to press hard to get more boost from the car. I used to have 1997 Holden commodore. That thing used to fly...Is this normal for Pajero?

My current odometer reading is round 104K. How long can I stretch my 100K service? If I do that around 110K, would that create any major problems?

Comment

if the Kickdown is working correctly the pajero will take off very well without hesitation. maybe you should have the 100k service done asap as the engine might be asking for a doctor so to speak. going over the 100k mark is really at your risk.
                  NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

Thanks mate, I will get my major service done soon..

I am travelling to broken Hill from Sydney this december. We will be driving for about 8 days and which will cover atleast 3K+ Kms....Just wondering if its good idea to take Pajero (after major service) over there or would it be better to rent a car?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X