X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hawse fairlead...upside down????

Can I use this this upside down
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Standard-...item3f2bbac88b
    The reason I ask is that my bull bar has a curve in the lower part of my bar where the hawse needs to sit flat to bolt on, I have this type.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hawse-Fai...item27dc142874
    Rick
    Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
    New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

I would say it all comes down to the mounting holes for the fairlead and height of the winch in the bar. A photo of the bar may help?
    NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

As long as you have full support for the back of the fairlead go for it.
      .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
      NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Thanks guys I had my nephew over and worked through it I hope.
        It will be supported by 2 brackets that will be welded to the winch mount plate (got that idea from Gus's thread).
        It was just the angle that was looking bad, we mounted the fairlead but when I cut the center hole out for the rope I will gently persuade the alloy flat and with the 8mm thick flat bar behind it should be flatter.
        Any way this is what it looks like.

Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
        New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X