Trailer Registration - Not Vicroads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer Registration - Not Vicroads

is it possible to register ( re-register really ) a trailer in Victoria, without going through Vicroads appointment system?

I messed up, and forgot to register my trailer, I cant remember seeing a renewal, to pay the $47, So basically my trailer is now unregistered. - **Well Understood that its my fault, yes, Im an idiot**
    Regardless, so I have phoned Vicroads, and get told that I need to make an official appointment just to hand the form in, and pay the money.
    No Inspection etc it actually needed, it could actually have no wheels, as its all self regulated on a trust system.... just need to tick the applicable boxes, write the VIN etc, and pay the money, but, the only way to do it, and get registered, is via a scheduled appointment at an office.

Here is where the drama starts, with the exception of the 30th of December In the Echuca office, there are no appointments available in the state of Victoria until late January, or early Feb.

So does anyone know of an alternative? I called a trailer company, and they said that they can self-register, assign, and affix plates, and do the paperwork themselves, but only what they make.

My trailer is an 8 X 6, with an extended drawbar, so I cant really cheat, and claim its under 300 Kgs or whatever the rego exemption limit is.

Annoyingly I will be in Echuca, so can book the appointment, and get it registered, but I was planning on heading up there Boxing day, and towing the trailer with me, but would need to tow it unregistered.

I cant see why such a simple thing like this cant be done as a walk up, over the counter @ Vicroads, especially how there is no inspection requirement, and they don't check the vehicle regardless.
    99 NL Exceed Manual, TJM Alloy bar, 33" Summit Mud Hogs, 7" HID spots, 18" LED Lightbar, Uniden UH7760, snorkel, 13,000lb rope winch.
    Rear telescopic LED light and Hi Lift Jack, 3 X 2.5M awning, Treds.

From what I was told by Vic roads worker, They cant refuse to register your trailer without a appointment BUT you must be willing to sit there all day until they get time or someone cancels.
    Rick
    Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
    New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

Try another office. We recently changed the reg on 2 vehicles from QLD to Victoria. One office said RWC and appointment was required. I went to the local office and changed it on the spot no RWC or appointment. They were registered in the same name just moved them down here.
      SOLD MY11 PB LS Challenger Manual,

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.

Comment

Might be worth a try playing innocent and just turning up at the counter of your local office, might get lucky.
        NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

can you do this on line . or grab the paperwork from main roads depot and post it in with a check for the amount oweing. stuffed if i would be sitting around for ages wating for one of those public servents to serve you after lunch is finished.
          NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

are you outside the 3 month period? if not just pay it online.
            Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
            Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

Looks like I'm standing at the Oakleigh Vicroads Door at 8:30 Monday,
              and praying.

I find it weird that the trailer companies cant handle 3rd party registrations though.
              I'm sure Vicroads would like the pressure taken off them, considering they are still being paid regardless.

Rego is well over 3 months late.
              99 NL Exceed Manual, TJM Alloy bar, 33" Summit Mud Hogs, 7" HID spots, 18" LED Lightbar, Uniden UH7760, snorkel, 13,000lb rope winch.

Comment

Originally posted by wasarangie View Post
                Try another office. We recently changed the reg on 2 vehicles from QLD to Victoria. One office said RWC and appointment was required. I went to the local office and changed it on the spot no RWC or appointment. They were registered in the same name just moved them down here.
                They told me twice today trailer appointments can only be booked via phone.

Comment

you could always put an unregistered vehicle permit on it and drive to echuca and then re register as technically you are taking it in for rego there.
                  Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
                  Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

Originally posted by shambles View Post
                    and praying.
                    Bloody Oakleigh vicroads. That place is ridiculous.
                    MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
                    Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

Originally posted by TC.Barky View Post
                      Bloody Oakleigh vicroads. That place is ridiculous.
                      except when Option 2 is Carlton, ( I only speaka da engrish )

Comment

Originally posted by schnitzel View Post
                        you could always put an unregistered vehicle permit on it and drive to echuca and then re register as technically you are taking it in for rego there.
                        Likely what will happen I think.

Comment

Originally posted by shambles View Post
                          and praying.

I find it weird that the trailer companies cant handle 3rd party registrations though.
                          I'm sure Vicroads would like the pressure taken off them, considering they are still being paid regardless.

Rego is well over 3 months late.
                          If Vicroads want the pressure taken off themselves then perhaps Vicroads should reconsider the bureaucratic BS situation they create for themselves.

You did say that you didn't need to take the trailer in didn't you?
                          NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

Correct, small trailers are self registered, fill out the form, tick everything is roadworthy,
                            Pay the fees, show your ID, and walk out with a number plate.

But , you can only do this via an office, and by appointment only.
                            And like they said today, if the appointment book is full, all you can do is wait.

Comment

Originally posted by wasarangie View Post
                              This is a no appointment for sure. Just costs you cash. I you were out of reg by a few months you would be paying vicroads $36 to look/skim your cars.
                              .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                              NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X