Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to watch out for in Np's

Hi,
    To date on my 2005 Np DiD I have had the following fixed under waranty and noted for future repairs: You might like to check yours for the same problems.

Dust entry kit installed after purchase(warranty), turbo replaced due to over boosting (warranty), Snorkel disconnected by Mitsub. and not reconnected when replacing turbo(dealer fixed it when I told them to), airconditioner discharge outlet diverted around clutch (warranty), fuel hose leak under filter (warranty), starter replaced (due to fuel leak - warranty), Have asked them to replace traction control sensor hose where it rubed against rubber boot closest to wheel ( it is on the list for maintenance repairs), loose left hand mirror replaced (warranty).

That is about it. Anyone have similar problems.

chook.
    p.s. I still would not swap it for another make.

Originally posted by chook View Post
    Hi,
    To date on my 2005 Np DiD I have had the following fixed under waranty and noted for future repairs: You might like to check yours for the same problems.

Dust entry kit installed after purchase(warranty), turbo replaced due to over boosting (warranty), Snorkel disconnected by Mitsub. and not reconnected when replacing turbo(dealer fixed it when I told them to), airconditioner discharge outlet diverted around clutch (warranty), fuel hose leak under filter (warranty), starter replaced (due to fuel leak - warranty), Have asked them to replace traction control sensor hose where it rubed against rubber boot closest to wheel ( it is on the list for maintenance repairs), loose left hand mirror replaced (warranty).

That is about it. Anyone have similar problems.

chook.
    p.s. I still would not swap it for another make.
    I'd like to know how you went about the dust entry kit warranty - mine needs it badly! The Aircon discharge sounds like a worry - what should I look for? I've also had the fuel leak done recently

Comment

Hi Wal,

I have had the 'dust entry kit' fitted to my NP. As far as I could tell, they used typed of glue or silastic to attached the tailgate seal to the body - it has a tendancy to pull away when the door has not been opened for a while - and not much else. But I may have missed something.

Cheers
      Pajero MY05 Exceed, DVD / (infamous) Sat Nav, Petrol / Injected LPG, alloy bull bar, Blue Tongue compressor, Pirahna dual battery system, Cibie Oscar SC driving lights, UHF, Next G car kit, Waeco FF40, set Cooper ST's, cargo barrier and polyairs.

Comment

The air con discharge - basically it drips water straight onto the belhousing and can cause clutch problems, things like clutch shudder, funny noises etc, and if left for a while, even a seized clutch...

Comment

Originally posted by 6G74 View Post
          The air con discharge - basically it drips water straight onto the belhousing and can cause clutch problems, things like clutch shudder, funny noises etc, and if left for a while, even a seized clutch...
          ... and was covered by a recall
          Peter
          2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

My aircon has been dripping water for almost 5 years on the bellhousing and no problems, go figure. Not sure hy some have problems and others don't

Comment

Originally posted by brett View Post
              My aircon has been dripping water for almost 5 years on the bellhousing and no problems, go figure. Not sure hy some have problems and others don't
              You have a manual DiD ?
              Peter
              2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

Yep a Manual, I can see the mark the water leaves on the bellhousing where it runs down the side but no clutch problems. It's generally driven a couple of times a day, not sure if this helps.

Comment

I have wondered why they routed the AC drain there. WHy wouldnt they run it more out towards the outside of the body away from everything??
                  03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

hi guys,
                    Sorry for the late reply, work is a killer....
                    The dust entry kit is an item that the dealer is supposed to install prior to sale. As the dealer who sold the car to me refused to do it I went to another dealer who did it under warranty. Yes they placed the seal at the rear bumper. I have been told that it is only done under request from the owners and only after excesive dust is seen in the vehicle.
                    The Aircon was done under a recall - safety issue.
                    cheers
                    chook

Comment

Aircon Hose Recall

My NP DiD Manual is two and a half years old, but I have only owned it for six months. The clutch failed last week and I organised Mitsubishi to tow and repair under waranty.

Once they had it apart, I was informed that it wasn't covered as the throw out bearing had rusted (a sign of mistreating the Pajero, must have left it in a creek overnight or something) and all compontants replaced at my expense! This was $1900 (bearing, clutch, pressure plate etc).

When I picked the Pajero up yesterday, they mentioned that they also fitted the new aircon hose free of charge. This raised my suspisions, I did a little internet research and ended up here.

Do you think I have cause to question their denial of warranty on this failure?

Comment

I think you have been ripped, take it further! I know Adza got his done under warranty because of the air con hose. Talk directly to Mitsubishi about it.
                        Dave
                        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Not sure how a rusted throwout bearing is a sign of misuse

So you've got a rusted clutch and the dealer says it's not under warranty, for whatever reason it's your fault, then in the same sentence tells you they have rerouted the aircon drain as there is a known problem with water getting into the bellhousing and causing clutches to rust. What can you say.

I'd run it by Mistubishi and would love to hear their explanation.

Comment

Get stuck into them - the air-con drain tube is a well known and well documented problem.

Dont bother ringing Mitsu head office as they will simply say that they can't talk to you and that you must see your local dealer. But when you have no joy with the local dealer finish the conversation by saying "I am still unsatisfied and I want this taken to the next level. Please have your area service manager contact me directly at his / her earliest convenience".
                            16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
                            10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

Originally posted by psproule View Post
                              Get stuck into them - the air-con drain tube is a well known and well documented problem.

Dont bother ringing Mitsu head office as they will simply say that they can't talk to you and that you must see your local dealer. But when you have no joy with the local dealer finish the conversation by saying "I am still unsatisfied and I want this taken to the next level. Please have your area service manager contact me directly at his / her earliest convenience".
                              Thanks for the support guys, I sent an email off via their official contact form. I know they repond fairly quickly there.

If I dont hear back in 24 hours, or am dissatisfied with the response, then I will heat it up at the local dealership in Brisbane.

I will use yuor quoted phrase word for word....

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X