MA or MC classification??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MA or MC classification??

What are other people's Pajeros complianced as? MA (passenger vehicle) or MC (off-road vehicle)?

There has been a bit of a kerfuffle lately with the Ford Everest being classified MA as opposed to MC. There are articles about it at practicalmotoring.com.au:
    October 2016 article
    December 2016 article

Anyway, the Pajero appears on the list of MC vehicles in the October article which sounds all great and as we would expect. However, I just went out to have a look at the compliance sticker on my 2015 NX model and it shows MA and not MC. Apparently whether it is MA or MC has huge ramifications on the mods that can be done to the vehicle.

What does the compliance sticker say on other people's Pajeros? Is it just mine with a printing mistake? Or is there something else going on and we should all be worried?

Andrew
    Last edited by middy; 23-12-16, 06:12 PM.
    2015 NX Pajero

My MY14 NW is marked as MC....
    MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

MY 2016 GLS Paj marked as MC.
      Dave
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

My 2014 NW is MC...
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
        Some days your the dog...other days your the tree!!

Telegraph X camper

Comment

So far it's looking like I'm the odd one out.
          Attached Files
          2015 NX Pajero

Comment

Our NS is MC.

Comment

Originally posted by middy View Post
              So far it's looking like I'm the odd one out.
              I,d be taking that matter up with the dealer you bought the vehicle from. Mitsubishi should be able to provide a letter stating that it should read MC. Ford did it so no reason MM cant do the same.

"
              UPDATE 21/12/2016: Ford Australia has advised Practical Motoring today that it now has confirmation that South Australia will recognise existing Ford Everests as MC equivalent. This news means that the Ford Everest is now recognised as MC equivalent across the country.
              Ford have also written to their dealer explaining the change, admitting that there is in fact a wider range of aftermarket modifications available for MC vehicles, however they maintain that the Everest needs no modifications at all to go offroad – which is true to a point, but as owners have pointed out modifications to vehicles such as the Everest do improve its offroad capabilities quite significantly. "
              Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
              Some days your the dog...other days your the tree!!

Telegraph X camper

Comment

MC for my 08 NS swb
                2008 NS X SWB DiD auto in cool silver, Pirelli Scorpion ATR's, MCC bull bar with Stedi Summit fog/DRL's, Airtec(TJM) snorkel.

Previously
                88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
                92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
                92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
                99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit

Comment

Who puts the compliance stickers on? Is it the dealer, the factory or somewhere else?

So far it is Vlad and myself with mis-categorised Pajeros.
                  Last edited by middy; 23-12-16, 09:50 PM. Reason: Typo
                  2015 NX Pajero

Comment

Another one, my 2015MY is also MA.

Comment

Originally posted by middy View Post
                      Who puts the compliance stickers on? Is it the dealer, the factory or somewhere else?

So far it is Vlad and myself with mis-categorised Pajeros.
                      In SA at least, the Compliance Stickers are affixed by the people at the docks working for companies like Patrick Autocare. The stickers are not produced until a dealer &/or MMAL request the car to be released from the bonded storage area. I assume MMAL provide the data.

My MY16 is MC.
                      Last edited by spot01; 24-12-16, 09:04 AM. Reason: typo
                      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

+1 what Spot says......and not just SA, Vic the same as thats where the wifes Golf came through and that was Patrick Autocare too.
                        2008 NS X SWB DiD auto in cool silver, Pirelli Scorpion ATR's, MCC bull bar with Stedi Summit fog/DRL's, Airtec(TJM) snorkel.

Previously
                        88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
                        92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
                        92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                        95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
                        99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit

Comment

Mine is marked MA. 4/15 build.
                          MY15 GLS NX Pajero, ARB Deluxe bar, AE4705 GME Antenna, Uniden 8060S, SPV EGR block, Donaldsonl fuel filter, Front tinted windows, Monroe shocks, King Springs,HPD catch can, 9" dominator driving lights.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X