Under-insuring wouldn't save much.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under-insuring wouldn't save much.

I just switched the NRMA policy from the 2003 NP valued at $37,000 to the 2007 NS valued at $74,000.

To DOUBLE the insured value for the remaining 9 months cost me only an additional $70 !!!
    Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Originally posted by Mike DiD View Post
    To DOUBLE the insured value for the remaining 9 months cost me only an additional $70 !!!
    Ya must have stooged them good Mike Well done!
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

The reason for not much increase in the premium is the chance of a total write off compared to minor collision damage is failry small. Most claims would be for collision damage, whether it's insured for 10K or 70K makes no diffrence for a 10K repair. This seems to be the case for all insurance companies. There is never much difference between a old car insured for under 10k compared to a new car worth 50K

Comment

NP vs NS

Mike
        A bit away from insurance thread but?.
        As you have gone from an ?03 Exceed DiD auto NP to same spec NS?would you care to report on a comparison of the two? Do you find the NS much quieter? Are you happy with all the changes & did it justify the change-over cost? How many Kms did you do in previous & what problems did you have? Hope I?m not being too inquisitive, but you?re just the guy to give me that info.
        Roy

Comment

Originally posted by Avanner View Post
          Do you find the NS much quieter?
          - It is SO much quieter. With the NP I used to tell people the Diesel was great, better acceleration, better economy, less explosion hazard - you just had to put up with the noise.
          - They've improved the soundproofing and the common-rail provides pre- and post- injection to quieten the noise. It sounds much more like a petrol now.

Are you happy with all the changes & did it justify the change-over cost?
          - very happy. The HID low beams are stunning. Except for minor things. On the Aircon you can't select the mix between foot and face flow - they're either on or off (except for individual face controls).
          - the engine seems to rev higher at the same road speed by around 200rpm.
          - will 18" tyres be even more expensive to replace ? will 18" A/Ts be available ?
          - the suspension uncomfortably firmer (even after I deflated the tyres from the 45psi on delivery to 35 psi).

How many Kms did you do in previous & what problems did you have?
          - from new I had intermittent noise like pinging in a petrol. After 20,00 km it became permanent and eventually they replaced the Injection Pump under warranty.
          - Sold it with 92,000km on it - still had stunning acceleration. Just run-in for a Diesel, they say.
          Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike DiD View Post
            - from new I had intermittent noise like pinging in a petrol. After 20,00 km it became permanent and eventually they replaced the Injection Pump under warranty.
            I found using the right oil stops the pinging - when cold and hot.

Castrol oil the engine pings and noisy as hell...
            --
            Marquis
            SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

Originally posted by marquis View Post
              I found using the right oil stops the pinging - when cold and hot. Castrol oil the engine pings and noisy as hell...
              If there had been a cheaper solution than replacing the Injection Pump, I'm sure Mitsubishi, Bosch or West End Diesel would have tried it.

Comment

NS 18" to 17"? to 16"?

Hi Mike,
                I found your comments on the firm ride interesting. I suppose having an 18" rim wouldn't help. Even with my 16" rims on NP, I found the ride to be on the firmer side as compared to several 4WDs I've driven.

Now, do you know at all if the NS models can fit 16"? I am afraid it won't as I believe people put bigger rims to accommodate bigger disks? I vaguely heard the Prado has a protruding piece of metal which prevents it to have 16" rims. A guy apparently sanded that part and can fit 16", supposedly it wouldn't reduce the strength of the structure. I have no idea if I was dreaming when I thought I read it somewhere. Nevertheless 16" would give us so many more offroad tyres.

Best regards,

Jon

Comment

Hi Jon
                  A similiar issue was the subject of a thread sometime ago in NS forum - from memory the VRX and Exceed can only take down to 17" because of brake size.
                  Personally I stuck with 18" and chnaged to Goodyear Silent Armours which I am very happy with so far.
                  Yellowfin
                  NS SWB R DiD - B/stone D694's, BushSkinz plates, LRA aux tank(65L), custom Milford barrier, MM rear bar, Kingsley steps, Rhino HD bars & platfrom, Icom UHF, VMS 500 GPS ,Alpine X001 & Focals
                  Toyota LC200 TD V8
                  - MT ATZ's, ARB Deluxe Bar, Lighforce 170's, GME TX3340 UHF, Lovells Sus & GVM upgrade, Lone Ranger fuel & water tank, pump & tap, Kaymar wheel carrier, Milford barrier, ARB dual battery, custom fridge cage w BW slide, Rhino HD bars & platform

Comment

suspension rework?

Hi again, for what it is, I think we all agree Paj was very well designed. It was just my dream that the "NT" model (just guessing what will come after "NS" Paj will offer suspension which can be adjusted to firm or soft. Maybe even with kinetics technology for the stabilizer. It'll leave so many competitors further behind.

Anyway, enough dreaming. I am happy to accept the firm ride at least on the current model I have which has 16" rims.

Cheers,

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X