Snowys & Toll Ipec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowys & Toll Ipec

My third order now from Snowys in South Australia. With that 3rd only order on Monday. The 3rd time that the order has arrived in 4 days via Toll Ipec. This is great service. Ordering from any other state using Aust. Post takes anywhere from 10 to 20 days this is mostly from before covid.
    MY14 GLX-R Pajero, Modified Brown Davis Intercoola & Sump Plates, Bushskinz Rear Bumper Protector, Bushskinz Transmission & Transfer Plates, ARB Bullbar, Warn Zeon 10-s Winch, Cheap HID Spotties, Koni shocks with 40mm Lift, Cooper AT3, Ultra Guage,Stedi ST4000 Light Bar, HPD Catch Can, Dash Cam

To go where very few have gone before

Our Travels & Our YouTube Channel

Took 4 weeks registered post between Canberra and St Andrews which is a suburb about an hour out of Melbourne, next time I'll use carrier pigeons.

Comment

Is this for Snowys. Either way that is appalling. Australia Post blames covid for poor delivery times, but in my experience this poor delivery times was happening long before Covid.
      MY14 GLX-R Pajero, Modified Brown Davis Intercoola & Sump Plates, Bushskinz Rear Bumper Protector, Bushskinz Transmission & Transfer Plates, ARB Bullbar, Warn Zeon 10-s Winch, Cheap HID Spotties, Koni shocks with 40mm Lift, Cooper AT3, Ultra Guage,Stedi ST4000 Light Bar, HPD Catch Can, Dash Cam

To go where very few have gone before

Our Travels & Our YouTube Channel

Comment

I live in Cairns and Snowy,s has been super fast. Several days (3) at the most. Australia Post is a bloody joke!! Weeks to get a letter sent from Brisbane to Cairns. Totally disorganised bunch of twats. Too top heavy and pushing contractors to the max. Its all about the money...the public can get stuffed!! All the private couriers leave pigeon post for dead.
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
        If you take life too seriously you will never get out alive....

Telegraph X camper

Comment

Star Track express whom is Australia Post's parcel business arm seems ok.
          Dicko is excatly correct in my opinion, the letter business is considered a nuisance.

They care as much for letters as Dicko cares for Jeeps
          Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonmc73 View Post
            Star Track express whom is Australia Post's parcel business arm seems ok.
            Dicko is excatly correct in my opinion, the letter business is considered a nuisance.

They care as much for letters as Dicko cares for Jeeps
            Ha! Wash your mouth out......
            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
            If you take life too seriously you will never get out alive....

Telegraph X camper

Comment

Living just 4 kilometers from the Penrith mail exchange and 2.5 kilometers from the heart of Penrith with over 500 homes in our small suburb we recently received notice from Australia Post our mail delivery has been cut from 5 days a week to 3 days one week and 2 days the next.

As for parcel delivery service we have had. Good. Bad and down right disgusting service.

Comment

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post

As for parcel delivery service we have had. Good. Bad and down right disgusting service.
                I'm not defending them, but what i've found is delivered to a business address, Startrack/ Australia post parcels are just as good as any other, just for me that is.

Also another I have which has worked absolutely fine is the Australia post parcel locker, which is free. It is a good service i've found, sign up online & it gives you an address etc.
                Easy as that.
                You are notified when goods are in the locker with a pin code for access.
                Although there was once , the lockers if your not familiar, electronic, well it was faulty, took couple days to have the fault corrected so i could access the goods.

Delivering parcels to our household is a dud, even if someones home we generally end up with card in letterbox & having to try & get to post office in business hours which means, take time off work, hence i either have it delivered to work or a parcel locker which i can access 24/7.

Comment

I buy quite alot from snowys, usually their stuff arrives on day 2, 3 at most. Australia post enjoys a long weekend every week...starttrack are hands down the most reliable and fastest for me.
                  a while back aus post use to deliberately not knock and just throw a card out front....how nice of em. Then they started given emails saying "we missed you" or "nobody was home" but in last year or so they just throw on front door step.

you know australia is messed up when ups parcels from Germany arrive in two days during lockup...
                  or a product direct from china (not the poverty shipping) arrives faster than parcels from many aus retail stores.
                  2000 NM Exceed Auto V6 3.5

Comment

Years ago, I was working in Jakarta for about 6 months. Letters from home (Cooma NSW) used to take about 10 - 14 days. We had a draftsman working with us and his grandmother sent him a letter from Hobart. It took 2 days! What's more, the address was "Mr Bill XXXXX, SMEC Jakarta". Now, we were living in South Jakarta, yet the delivery was that fast. Well done Indonesia Post. I doubt that would happen every day though). Sadly Australia Post mail deliveries have gotten even slower in recent years.

Comment

Australia is a very big country, these companies are obviously all of them about making money, Australia post is no longer in anyway a "public service".

My father worked for TNT for 30 years, the amount of boxes these mobs handle every day is a modern amazement that more don't get lost , fascinating really.

It is a well oiled machine to move the amount they move & get them in the rite crates & then on the rite truck on/off & back on again & delivered, crazy stuff really.

I can recall in my spare parts days, i lost/ well Ipec lost 2 x pallets pallet cubic in size, wooden crates, 2 of them gone.

They left Melbourne heading to Brisbane & gone

About 2 weeks later i received a call from customer service, found the crates, arrived in Perth on a train, woops .

Theft is very minimal now as well throughout freights journey, due to technology, cameras & track/ trace systems.

Us consumers do have high expectations & trust, no one much insures their goods, most do show up undamaged, freight companies are not responsible if you don't insure either, unless things have changed that is, it is your problem & lifeline is a free call .

Comment

It's all variable and a lot depends on the shipper as well.
                        I made three orders last week, Ali Express and Western Filters both Auspost arrived in a few days. Sparesbox ordered same day as western and has only just been collected by Couriers Please.
                        My experience with CP is cheap and nasty, AP can be both but can also be great. Sometimes luck plays a major part.
                        MY21 NX Pajero
                        a few mods to come !

Comment

I brought a Redarc BCDC1240 few years back from mob in Victoria, i can assure you i insured it for the trip .

Another true story,

In 2014 i organised a sale & sent 3 x 40' containers to the pacific islands, paid in full before they had left of course.

I was to meet them at the other end for unloading & operator training, then i was going fishing/ holiday.

The boat arrived but no containers, after waiting few days no show, changed my plans & so i went fishing for couple weeks, came back & still no containers.

Eventually to much relief for the purchasers, they found them on a wharf in New Guinea, woops.

It was a lot of money in Aussie dollars that consignment, so you could imagine how much it was worth in Pacific islands.

Now i always offer if asked to quote you choose, insurance anyone

Comment

Is aliexpress shipping from Australia now oldmate ? Haven't ordered from them in years

Comment

Originally posted by disco stu View Post
                              Is aliexpress shipping from Australia now oldmate ? Haven't ordered from them in years
                              There a few stores on Ali with aussie stock
                              MY21 NX Pajero
                              a few mods to come !

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X