Waverley Mitsubishi Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waverley Mitsubishi Vic

Just Purchased a new Pajero Sport Exceed from Waverley Mitsubishi, I couldn't be happier and believe we got a fantastic deal, I obtained 2 local quotes (both full list price) and also a quote from Chadstone (discounted from list price) as they are a Club Sponsor. I then approached Waverley as a colleague had recently had a good experience with them, a brief chat with Lachlan followed by an email with my exact requirements was all it took to get a quote and timeframe (2 Months approx) $500 deposit was paid and I received a chassis number and build date for a car that was on the water, we were kept in the loop and the car was in our possession 7 weeks later.

If your looking for a new Mitsubishi or maybe even a Volvo I suggest you get a couple of quotes first and then contact Lachlan, I never got to meet him due to Covid restrictions but a very pleasant simple process throughout, Highly recommended.

Lachlan's Details below and happy to answer any queries.

Trevor Blakemore 1266

Lachlan Amor-Riddoch | Fleet Sales Manager
    Waverley Mitsubishi & Volvo Cars Waverley

Waverley Motor Group
    A: 565 Springvale Road, Mulgrave VIC 3170
    P: (03) 9550 5888 F: (03) 9550 5855

M: 0430 119 377
    E:
    [email protected]

E: [email protected]

Look forward to seeing it
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Good to hear Trev happy for you. Its pretty easy isn't it to buy a car without even sighting it.

What does strike me is how we are becoming more comfortable doing so. Its like once you know what you want click and collect will do so to speak.

Last two cars I bought, 1 second hand and 1 new were both from a dealer sight unseen. Right or wrong I relied on the salesperson, safety inspections, warranty, and legal processes and both cars have been fine. Admittedly from reputable dealer networks, but shopping on line is slowly becoming the norm.

Its the only way to buy a Tesla, and if you experience that compared to a traditional stalking salesman type sale I know what I prefer. It took 5 hrs to buy the wife's Toyota, I guess we should not have taken the kids but at least 45 minutes of that was the salesman telling us how great Toyota are and we would be back for second. I mean like who cares mate.

I have a family member who has bought 2 cars from auctions sight unseen, shipped them from interstate and both have been fine. Car manufacturers warranty means you can buy a car with under 50K km with a couple years on its and still have warranty. Statuary obligations means dealers selling junk will end up being costly to them.

So covid may have forced your hand Trev but its strange but nice way to buy a car I reckon.

Look forward to the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by jaffles View Post
        Good to hear Trev happy for you. Its pretty easy isn't it to buy a car without even sighting it.

What does strike me is how we are becoming more comfortable doing so. Its like once you know what you want click and collect will do so to speak.

Last two cars I bought, 1 second hand and 1 new were both from a dealer sight unseen. Right or wrong I relied on the salesperson, safety inspections, warranty, and legal processes and both cars have been fine. Admittedly from reputable dealer networks, but shopping on line is slowly becoming the norm.

Its the only way to buy a Tesla, and if you experience that compared to a traditional stalking salesman type sale I know what I prefer. It took 5 hrs to buy the wife's Toyota, I guess we should not have taken the kids but at least 45 minutes of that was the salesman telling us how great Toyota are and we would be back for second. I mean like who cares mate.

I have a family member who has bought 2 cars from auctions sight unseen, shipped them from interstate and both have been fine. Car manufacturers warranty means you can buy a car with under 50K km with a couple years on its and still have warranty. Statuary obligations means dealers selling junk will end up being costly to them.

So covid may have forced your hand Trev but its strange but nice way to buy a car I reckon.

Look forward to the pics.
        Hi Jaffles, I must say this was the easiest buying experience ever, I was pretty confident from the outset the Pajero Sport was the right car for us, having owned a Pajero, Triton and Outlander over the last 15 years gave us confidence in the brand, although this is the first car I've ever purchased without a test drive, I still can't believe I did that, $60k on a car you've never driven, brave or stupid!

I did do a test drive of the new Isuzu MUX on release day, August 2, I think the time wasted listening to the salesman waffle on took longer than the whole process of the Sport!

I don't intend buying any vehicles for a very long time, but would certainly use the same method again.

Comment

I am pleased that your buying experience was good. However, it is a good idea to test drive the car you intend to buy. Years ago I bought a new Sigma. I ordered the SE model because it had a few features that were not available in the lower spec model. I test drove the lower spec model and was happy enough to but the top class version. The car was delivered, and I couldn't fit into it! The roof was too low. It turned out that the driver's seat had height adjustment which was not available on the lower spec model. two days after taking delivery, I had the car at the local tech college cutting bits out of the seat base mounting so I could lower it. I could only get about an inch out of it and that was barely enough. We had the Sigma for a few years before we bought a Magna, but every car since we make sure that I can fit into it properly before we buy a new car. That is the reason I don't have a Pajero Sport - I can fit into it, but I cannot see out of it.

Comment

Yes have to admit I have sat in them but only in passing. A new car had been on the casual agenda for a while and we had sat in a mates Pajero and MUX, but didn't drive them. We sat in a Sport at a dealer and escaped before the salesperson arrived, leaving with a feeling the tunnel to wide or leg space to narrower or something for us. But as for how they drove and the finer details was sight unseen.

To be honest I was surprised how little time I spent on the decision. Almost embarrassed to say it was like many other things one buys. You need / want it, do a bit of homework to tick the basic boxes and click. Never thought I'd be that type. Still seems to be working.

Comment

Originally posted by erad View Post
              I am pleased that your buying experience was good. However, it is a good idea to test drive the car you intend to buy. Years ago I bought a new Sigma. I ordered the SE model because it had a few features that were not available in the lower spec model. I test drove the lower spec model and was happy enough to but the top class version. The car was delivered, and I couldn't fit into it! The roof was too low. It turned out that the driver's seat had height adjustment which was not available on the lower spec model. two days after taking delivery, I had the car at the local tech college cutting bits out of the seat base mounting so I could lower it. I could only get about an inch out of it and that was barely enough. We had the Sigma for a few years before we bought a Magna, but every car since we make sure that I can fit into it properly before we buy a new car. That is the reason I don't have a Pajero Sport - I can fit into it, but I cannot see out of it.
              I think in this instance we were very safe in our decision, previously owned an NM Pajero, GLXR Triton, RX Outlander and still have the use when required of a family members 2019 Triton, the one vehicle I wanted to test drive before I made a decision was the New MUX, I actually managed a drive of that on release day and discounted it from my list, nice car with great features but I found the drivers seat to be very hard, for me that was decision made, from experience with the Triton, GLXR seat was much nicer than GLX etc, so I was expecting a seat better than the Triton in the Pajero Sport and that would be a better seat that the MUX, I'm pretty sure I've got what I expected and very happy with the Purchase

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X