Ad below navbar

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARB Bullbars Gen 3 and Gen 4

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by signo1985 View Post
    I thought so!!

    The only problem is how and where fit all the different accessories that normally "sit" on the bullbar, like led lights sand flags etc
    Nudge Bar?
    NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.

    Comment


    • #17
      Only issue is that cheap nudge bars for GEN 4's have dried up. Used to be able to get them for $200 on eBay.

      That being said... If anyone has a spare =D

      Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
        As you know, I'm well aware of how the ARB bar is designed...I have fatigue cracking again
        I've watched your video on YT the other day. Very informative. Thanks
        🅽🆇 🅿🅰🅹🅴🆁🅾

        Comment


        • #19
          Hi sharkcaver, I watched your video a while back and jeez, shocking to say the least.
          In the comments below your video you mention that competitors bars attach differently to the ARB bar, which is what caused the fatigue cracks.
          Can I aks you if you have investigated how the opposite lock bar is mounted?
          If similar to the ARB or similar to the TJM?
          Cheers

          Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • #20
            Lucky I live in the U.K. and the only thing that I’ve hit is a pigeon 😂😂😂 had an arb on my hilux but haven’t bothered with my shogun/pajero just have a hidden winch and a thin a bar mainly for spotlights,like I said pigeons and hedgehogs don’t do to much damage 😂

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Old pops View Post
              Lucky I live in the U.K. and the only thing that I’ve hit is a pigeon 😂😂😂 had an arb on my hilux but haven’t bothered with my shogun/pajero just have a hidden winch and a thin a bar mainly for spotlights,like I said pigeons and hedgehogs don’t do to much damage 😂

              We have larger pigeons and hedgehogs over here. We call them emus and wombats....
              Dicko FNQ


              2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
              Having lots of friends on facebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...both meaningless.

              .

              Telegraph X camper

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Onslow View Post
                After yet another animal strike I thought I'd give some good feedback on ARB bull bars. I've had an ARB bull bar on each of my last three vehicles. A ZJ Jeep Grand Cherokee, an NP Pajero and an NW Pajero. Each one of these vehicles received numerous unavoidable impacts with kangaroos (and emu's!), probably 6-8 over all the vehicles. Most were at speeds of 80kph or higher. The latest was just a couple of weeks ago at 85kph on a dirt Outback road in WA.

                The 'roos have ranged in size; most were medium to large, but not huge. The noise of these impacts was considerable and in each case I was concerned at the possible damage done until I stopped to check the animal and the front end. There has been no damage whatsoever on any of these bars! One of the larger 'roos hit the drivers side section of the bar under the headlight area, still no damage at all!

                All I can say is full credit to the ARB design team for building bars designed for this purpose without compromise. I know that no Mitsubishi OEM bars would have withstood these impacts without bent components and panel damage. I doubt that any alloy bar on the market would have survived these impacts either. A number of the other steel bars on the market would have also had no chance, as they have no strengthening in critical areas.

                If you're looking for real frontal protection, particularly if you travel remotely and need to be able to continue driving your vehicle, you can't go past an ARB bull bar in my opinion.
                Bump up,
                Good read.
                Hi all, l'm new here.
                Have had my stock pajero for few weeks now, have had a price from ARB in shepparton vic- $ 2800 to supply + fit black metal bull bar. ( cut guards etc.)
                Anyone had one fitted recently and does this sound reasonable ?
                Need one fitted early next year as we have plenty of roo's around here.
                Past 4x4's have had them already fitted.
                cheers

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by angree mouse View Post

                  Bump up,
                  Good read.
                  Hi all, l'm new here.
                  Have had my stock pajero for few weeks now, have had a price from ARB in shepparton vic- $ 2800 to supply + fit black metal bull bar. ( cut guards etc.)
                  Anyone had one fitted recently and does this sound reasonable ?
                  Need one fitted early next year as we have plenty of roo's around here.
                  Past 4x4's have had them already fitted.
                  cheers
                  How much does the bar weigh out of interest?
                  Will they tell you ?
                  As an example this one weighs 90kgs, i have no idea about ARB's steel bar weight

                  https://www.tjm.com.au/protection/bu...be-070sb13n52v

                  Basically Mum & Dad + the bar is Max front legal capacity basically

                  Recent example here, this gentleman has 90kg's till he hits "legal capacity" no one is sitting in the vehicle

                  https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/forum...rade-questions

                  Front axle 1330kg's from memory, is capacity

                  Unfortunately for me the TJM steel bar for me personally, is not an option anymore

                  More than likely it will be one of these, under 40 kg's with steel winch bed mount + ADD Carbon winch total weight 23.5kg's
                  This combo is still lighter than the steel bar alone & IF i wanted at later date Auxillary battery (maybe lithium watching that space) those three items would be same & less weight as One steel bar, heading towards legal axle capacity.

                  https://portal.ecb.com.au/products/9...7%2F14+to+%29+

                  But everyone has different needs, just pointing out what my research has returned.

                  Smart bar would be the other go to for me persoanlly, plastic bar, winches harder to accomadate & ARB tax now
                  Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16

                  Comment


                  • #24

                    I have a '15 NX with ARB bar and warn winch with synthetic rope.
                    Weighed car with 1/2 tank of fuel, driver, and 55aH auxilary battery, heavy spec sump guard (slightly heavier and wider than Bushkinz but no intercooler guard) - front axle weight was 1240kg. Maximum allowed is 1330kg. So 90kg to spare.

                    Assuming due to central location a front passenger adds 1/2 of say 80kg, and full fuel adds 1/2 of 40L that will bring front axle weight up to about 1300kg, minus the auxilary battery I have since moved to boot, the front axle still has some capacity left before exceeding axle limits.

                    Have weighed numerous times in full camp, touring mode for 2 people, sometimes with camper, sometimes without. Have yet to exceed any weight limits.

                    I should add I originally had a Smart Bar which I replaced with the ARB.
                    The bits that came off weighed 49kg. The bits that went on weighed 62kg.
                    PCOV Member 1107.
                    Daily driver NX GLX
                    Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
                    Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
                    Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Jasonmc73 View Post

                      How much does the bar weigh out of interest?
                      Will they tell you ?
                      As an example this one weighs 90kgs, i have no idea about ARB's steel bar weight

                      https://www.tjm.com.au/protection/bu...be-070sb13n52v

                      Basically Mum & Dad + the bar is Max front legal capacity basically

                      Recent example here, this gentleman has 90kg's till he hits "legal capacity" no one is sitting in the vehicle

                      https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/forum...rade-questions

                      Front axle 1330kg's from memory, is capacity

                      Unfortunately for me the TJM steel bar for me personally, is not an option anymore

                      More than likely it will be one of these, under 40 kg's with steel winch bed mount + ADD Carbon winch total weight 23.5kg's
                      This combo is still lighter than the steel bar alone & IF i wanted at later date Auxillary battery (maybe lithium watching that space) those three items would be same & less weight as One steel bar, heading towards legal axle capacity.

                      https://portal.ecb.com.au/products/9...7%2F14+to+%29+

                      But everyone has different needs, just pointing out what my research has returned.

                      Smart bar would be the other go to for me persoanlly, plastic bar, winches harder to accomadate & ARB tax now
                      I will find weight out tomorrow, doesn't say on brochure.
                      Also will get a price from TJM and make/ weight.
                      Always have had alloy bars on past vehicles,was told they are more expensive than steel.
                      Roo's are counted by the dozen around here, they come out of the state forest nearby for a feed in the paddocks.. Best count 3-400 across the road from us.

                      Thanks for all replies.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Yeah all the best with it mate, i don't think there's a rite & wrong answer & I hope Skippy leaves you be.

                        I've been thinking for a while on this subject & was going to fit TJM bar.

                        I think your rite, steels cheaper than alloy, heaps of ARB bars out there so they must work OK.

                        I think minimal amount of people have had ARB mount crack the front of there vehicle albeit in harsh use though with possibbly winch & i don't think it's common though , driving hard on sustained corrugations.
                        Stacks of them out there though, so can't imagine its common

                        I think TJM is the competitor he may be pointing at in this clip below, how he suggests does look like in fitting instructions how TJM mount there bar, but its heavy as going on the gentlemen that weighed his vehicle on the above link, no wonder well mounted.

                        I've attached the fitting instructions for TJM see Page 11.

                        Does have a winch below in clip probably does add to his problems.

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKoA0qOZ2yo

                        I dunno, if i have a steel bar only 1/3 heavier than a well constructed & mounted alloy bar i'm not sure i've gained much strength?

                        If i have a steel bar twice the weight of a well constructed Alloy bar i think i would gain fair bit of strength especially in the wings of the bar over the alloy bar.

                        ECB alloy bars are 8mm steel mounted & bar is 6mm Alloy.
                        If I bend that to the point of buggered, well maybe if it was that strong i didn't bend that, what would my vehicle look like anyway, behind the bar

                        So i've decided a powder coated, Alloy ECB might be the bar for me, i expect more money & not as strong depending on the steel bar of course.
                        Installation Instructions TJM Outback Steel Bullbar NS-NT Pajero #070SB13N52U LR2.pdf
                        Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          If I was ever going to get another bullbar I would go with the smart-bar. Too many wont buy them because they don't look "macho"....Weekend warriors mainly. Coppers/ambos/SES etc. use them...they go for practicality over pose value. Vast majority of us that live in the suburbs really don't need a bar. Insurance covers you for any event!!..car hire, accommodation etc. Just cannot see the point in adding unnecessary weight to a vehicle that gets very close to being overweight when packed up for a trip away..
                          Dicko FNQ


                          2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
                          Having lots of friends on facebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...both meaningless.

                          .

                          Telegraph X camper

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                            If I was ever going to get another bullbar I would go with the smart-bar. Too many wont buy them because they don't look "macho"....Weekend warriors mainly. Coppers/ambos/SES etc. use them...they go for practicality over pose value. Vast majority of us that live in the suburbs really don't need a bar. Insurance covers you for any event!!..car hire, accommodation etc. Just cannot see the point in adding unnecessary weight to a vehicle that gets very close to being overweight when packed up for a trip away..
                            I hear ya Dicko fair point although Angree Mouse lives with 300 Roos!

                            I think Smart & ECB similar weight.

                            Yes i was thinking along same lines, winch cradle behind grille & maybe Nudge bar for light mount.
                            Why do i want a winch, sand & camper trailer https://www.maxtrax.com.au/trailer-skid, not a convoy traveller, move a tree of track etc.
                            Might come in handy
                            Over the next 10 years i plan to see some sights, in Australia, not just overseas.
                            How often will i use winch hopefully never.
                            Hopefully just to stop it seizing up, or pull someone else out!

                            Then frontal protection, rite at this moment my work coleague couple roos within a month Navara ute tilt tray coolant on the ground, immobilised.

                            How often will i use a bull bar hopefully never .

                            But if i do use either winch or bullbar & i don't have them when required, murphy's law tells me it won't be at the most convenient time for me.

                            I couldn't care less about macho, geez i brought a Pajero
                            Last edited by Jasonmc73; 13-12-20, 04:38 PM.
                            Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16

                            Comment

                            Matched content

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X