RAM GPS Mount - samsung tab a 8" tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM GPS Mount - samsung tab a 8" tablet

Well, my latest home made tablet mount finally died a disgraceful death on corrugations last month so I decided to support someone's economy and spent part of my latest government handout on a new RAM mount. Should have done it a long time ago.
    Pics show the components purchased, and how it sits in the car. Absolutely rock solid , tested on a recent trip and found to be the perfect set up - for me anyway.
    The really good thing about this set up is that it can be mounted in the Gen3 without making any new holes anywhere. The mounting rail fits very well inside the dash position and you only need longer screws to fit it. Position wise, the mount can be locked into portrait or landscape mode by just the one locking nut. With the old DIY mount I had to have the tablet in portrait mode as the side springs were quite weak , but i can now go back to landscape as my preferred mode with confidence the tablet will not fall out. The only thing obscured is the electric clock - don't use that much anyway these days.
    I got about $2.20 change out of $140 so I can afford to put in a litre of diesel this week !
    Attached Files

Thank you for sharing mate.
    Do you have two UHFs or just two mike holders?
    NW 2013 MY13 GLX-R, auto, OME lift kit, ARB bullbar, electric brake controller, GME UHF, the rest is still work in progress

Comment

What model of RAM holder did you get?

Comment

[QUOTE=Lazarus;n1105229]Thank you for sharing mate.
        Do you have two UHFs or just two mike holders?[/QUOT

Just one UHF, left the older one in place in case it comes in handy for something else !

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead028 View Post
          What model of RAM holder did you get?
          new pic with all part numbers/titles
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you mate.
            NW 2013 MY13 GLX-R, auto, OME lift kit, ARB bullbar, electric brake controller, GME UHF, the rest is still work in progress

Comment

The RAM stuff is expensive but certainly well worth the coin, I used a RAM / Camzilla suction mount for many years to attach video cameras to cars long before the GoPro was affordable..
              All the gear and some idea.....
              MY15 NX GLS, AutoMate Pro, UltraGauge Mx1.4, Ironman Steel Bar, Kaon Intercooler & sump bashplates, Boos Rear bumper plate, KAON cargo barrier & shelf, Munji EGR delete cable, Provent catch can, Redarc BCDC 1220, 105a/Hr AGM 2nd battery, Snapshades (all rear glass) ........
              Leave only footsteps & take only photographs

Leave the tracks & camps in better condition then you found them

Comment

Originally posted by grumpmeister View Post
                The RAM stuff is expensive but certainly well worth the coin, I used a RAM / Camzilla suction mount for many years to attach video cameras to cars long before the GoPro was affordable..
                I tend to think in terms of comparable costs, so the $140 the new RAM set up cost is only about 75% of a tank fill up , or only 45% of the cost of a new tyre. So not really that expensive these days. At least that's how I try to get it past the Finance Minister, but she tells me it is 155% of her fuel fill up or 180% of her new tyre - damn mazda 2.

Comment

1533rl fortunately I'm the minister for finance here so only need to convince myself
                  All the gear and some idea.....
                  MY15 NX GLS, AutoMate Pro, UltraGauge Mx1.4, Ironman Steel Bar, Kaon Intercooler & sump bashplates, Boos Rear bumper plate, KAON cargo barrier & shelf, Munji EGR delete cable, Provent catch can, Redarc BCDC 1220, 105a/Hr AGM 2nd battery, Snapshades (all rear glass) ........
                  Leave only footsteps & take only photographs

Leave the tracks & camps in better condition then you found them

Comment

I posted this in another thread recently and as long as you don'r mind covering the info screen, you can mount an 8" tablet securely for about $1 worth of velcro tape.

velcro tabs.jpg

image_49696.jpg
                    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X