PDF Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF Maps

Can anyone provide some help or information with regards to adding goespartial data to a PDF map for use in Avenza on iPhone/iPad. I have a PDF copy of a popular map that is only available on paper and it works well in avenza but I need to add the goespartial data the the map file in order for the iPhone gps to work. I have the coordinants of all four corners just cant work out how to add the data or what program i need to do it. Any help or info will be much appreciated.

I assume you got the map as a normal PDF document and what you need is to georefernce the image for the use as a GPS map ?
    The problem is that there not many programs I know that can handle PDF maps, there are comandline tools available for the job, but even I don't like using them.
    Guess your best option would be Global Mapper.
    Or you can PM me a link to the map and the reference data and I will try to calibrate the map for you, but apart from some coordinates you also need to know the Datum and Projection for the map.
    '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....
    Password for all my files: downunder

Comment

Originally posted by Downunder35m View Post
      Guess your best option would be Global Mapper. apart from some coordinates you also need to know the Datum and Projection for the map.
      X2
      (SOLD) 2001 NM Exceed 3.5L Petrol, Injected LPG, 2" Lift Lovells HD Springs & Shocks, Polyair Bags, Maxxis Bighorn MT-762 (265/75/16), Dual Battery System, TRV4x4 Snorkel, F/R Diff+Tranny+Transfer Case Breathers, Engel Fridge/Freezer 40L, Homemade Rear Storage+Bed, Rhino Roof Racks+Basket, OEM Alloy Bullbar, Side Steps, Towbar, Fog Lights, Rear Work Light, UHF Handheld Radio Puxing PX-888+UHF Antenna RFI CD900, Nobles RIG-MATE Creeper Winch, Exhaust Jack, X-Trax II, TomTom XL 340 with Hema Maps

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I found out I needed to use adobe acrobat 9 pro to geo register the pdf map and now have it working in Avenza app, cheers.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X