Locus and Oruxmaps - free AU and NZ maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locus and Oruxmaps - free AU and NZ maps

I stubled upon this website and tried the map for Vic on Locus.
    Really not bad in terms of coverage and elevation line but in my tests I had problems finding names for tracks and smaller roads.
    If decent track coverage is enough and you can accept the missing names it might be worth a look.
    Data is updated on a regular base too.
    '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....
    Password for all my files: downunder

Thanks for the link mate, how do the maps look compared to ofz2 maps?
    So do you just put the xml and map file into oruxmaps and it'll work when u load it?

Leo
    Last edited by Catchin Jack; 07-11-13, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Considering they are vector maps the quality is really good, it is only the lack of track and road names at this stage that troubles me.
      But according to the info on the website it should work, so I will check my setup again tonight.
      Maybe I just put the database in the wrong spot, was getting a bit late LOL
      '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....

Comment

No worries mate appreciate it, I did download it and found .kml and .map files. Should these be in same folder and when GPS enabled will it track the same while moving?

Comment

I just followed the instructions on the website.
          The Google files are for the POI overlay.

Comment

Thanks down under. So far seems to be similar coverage to OSM in the areas I've looked at but the contrast of colours is easier to see on a phone screen. Exactly what I've been looking for, the entire state in one easy download.
            2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!
              I know there is not much out there for free that covers all the areas we need perfectly, but if I find something for free tht might be of general interest I will surely post it.

Comment

I've come across these maps which currently can be cache'd/downloaded from within both locus and orux. 4umaps.eu.

http://www.4umaps.eu/mountain-bike-h...raphic-map.htm

Seems you can't bulk download areas of australia from the website yet. It is very similar to the andromaps above but has some extra detail is some areas. also has shading to help recognise the topography.
                2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X