Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After market in dash unit for MY 2014 triton

Hi all
    Does anyone know which after market unit will fit in to the audio panel of an MY 14 triton? It looks to be about 200mm (8 inches) corner to corner. I was thinking of one off flea bay but can't seem to see an 8" one.
    Peter
    "We have two lives, and the second begins when we realise we have only one." Confucius (551-479 B.C.)

MN Triton GLX Plus, dual batteries, ARB winchbar, Airtec snorkel and 3T towbar. Love it!!

Don't all answer at once
    "We have two lives, and the second begins when we realise we have only one." Confucius (551-479 B.C.)

MN Triton GLX Plus, dual batteries, ARB winchbar, Airtec snorkel and 3T towbar. Love it!!

Comment

So it's a double din audio slot?
      '02 NM GLX 3.2 DiD Manual
      Bullbar, 2'' Ultimate Suspension, Cooper AT3's, Spotties.

Comment

Is something like this what you're after?

Chris

Comment

No sorry, it isn't like that. I have a picture of the Triton audio unit but I can't work out how to post it.
          Peter

Comment

OK, I have spoken to a few more people and I am currently looking at a Google Nexus 7" 2nd gen. I just have to find out whether or not I can attach a reversing camera to the tablet or if this has to be a seperate installation. There is so much useful information on this website, honestly. I really appreciate it. The double din units that fit the Triton are over $500 whereas a tablet is around half of that.

Peter

Comment

You can connect a cam but it is not an easy task.
              By default Android does not support a cam, so you have to use an app that gives you access to a webcam (enough quality for reversing anyway).
              To overcome this problem I opted for a seperate 3.5" screen that has two video inputs and is dedicated to reversing only.
              Might one day add a front cam to make turning around on narrow tracks a bit easier but no hurry there.
              Also keep in mind that the Nexus, like all new HD devices is quite power hungry when it comes to charging.
              A charging system capable of delivering 2A safely is highly recommended even if the battery life of the Nexus is really good.
              '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....
              Password for all my files: downunder

Comment

Have a look at the dig options double din unit. Reasonable price. Quite a few of the guys on newtriton.net have gone with this option.
                NOW : 2012 JKU WRANGLER

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN : 2012 PB Challenger LS Auto - M/T ATZ P3 285/70/17, Black factory alloys, Xrox sliders, Xrox bullbar, FYRLYT's, Aurora 30" lightbar, Runva 11xp winch, Ultimate suspension lift & brake upgrade, Airtec snorkel, Bushskinz, ORS drawers, Redarc DBS with solar, UHF, SPV EGR mod, Rhino pioneer platform, 3.15 reduction gears, Wholesale autos hd nomad valve body..

Comment

I just did a install on a 2011 triton I fitted the latest pioneer dab-3500 deck does yours have the plastic surround around the deck then the facia is on the outside

Mike
                  2000 nm paj 2.8td arb bull bar 24" light bar arb under bonnet compressor tjm front air locker tjm 12000lb winch.

Comment

I was going to post a picture of my Triton audio unit but made a consummate muck up of it. I am eternally grateful for Pickle's intervention in clearing up my attempt at posting a picture. I think I might get a separate reversing camera and then later an android tablet to run the navigation. I would love a double din unit but 7” tablets are not too dear.
                    Many thanks

Peter

Comment

Looking at this one now
                      http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/131049669...84.m1438.l2649
                      Was a bit concerned about the distance the wireless camera needs to operate over. It is 4 metres from the back of the Triton to where the android 7" unit would be and separated by two metal walls, the tub is one and the cabin the other. I was also wondering where the android tablet would sit. I'd still need my factory radio unit. Any thoughts? Remember all contributions are valued.
                      Peter

Comment

Tombo
                        Yep, I went for the DigOptions unit. It's being fitted today - bog standard except for a reversing camera. I'll keep you posted. Very happy with DigOptions communication already though. Matt was very helpful, unit was on my doorstep next day. I paid for it Thursday and it was delivered Friday. Everything's in the one box so I'll wait to see how it looks when I pick it up tonight. Must make special mention of Matt's helpful attitude. Not like some people who are only interested in pointing up how little I know and how much they do. Matt's customer service attitude was fantastic. Many thanks to all posters, too, who were generous with their knowledge.
                        Last edited by NJ94; 21-01-14, 12:31 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

Get some pictures up. Do digoptions do a triton specific screen or just a generic double din ?
                          2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

Hi ghryso
                            I'm a duddah with posting photos but the unit fits in the cavity left by the Mitsu radio. I'm getting to know it a bit better now and liking what I see. Just as a bit of a side issue I asked Mitsubishi how much a factory reversing camera would be. I was told it is a unit that replaces the rear vision mirror and I could snap one up fitted and ready to go for $1112:00. BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So I reluctantly went for the digoptions poverty pack unit with reversing camera at just under $700 supplied and fitted by Ron at Boronia Car Stereo 9762 6617. Just need to buy the OZI Explorer for it and away we go to the Errinundra in March.

I'm reluctant to make recommendations but knowing what I now know, I wouldn't hesitate to get the digpotions one again

Peter

Comment

Just realised that I managed to link the wrong picture in my earlier post up there ^^^^.

This is what I meant to link:

That's the earlier model Dig Options unit which I had for a number of years with no trouble at all, after two bad experiences with cheap double DIN units.

In that pic the hood is the original factory one, modified to take the bigger double DIN unit. Dig Options now have a replacement hood which fits even better.

These units have proven very popular and reliable amongst both the Triton and Hilux crews. Maybe not the highest fidelity amps and the radios could be criticised but more than good enough for most needs. The unit I linked, by mistake, earlier, is the same as the Dig Options one for the Pajero and I'm more than happy with that one, too.

Matt is a good bloke and their customer service is excellent. They went to quite a bit of trouble to solve some of the early problems with compatibility of steering wheel controls and plug'n'play connection - all well sorted now.
                              Chris

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X