Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mount for Galaxy Note 10.1

Hey guys,

Just got a 10.1 tablet and want to mount it in the Paj, problem is with windscreen mounts it covers the windscreen to much, there is a mount the suctions to the dash itself and hangs down over centre dash, there's also one that utilises the CD where you put Cd's in and another that attaches to seat mount on floor but that isn't really suited as the passenger would be restricted.
    What mounts does everyone else use? Pictures would be good if possible.

Cheers
    Leo

Good question Jack!! As most of us don't want to start drilling holes in the dash.
    Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
    Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

Hi Leo

I have used a ram tablet mount and bolted the mounting ball into the pocket above the radio (NP). The mount connects to the ball with a mid length ram arm. The tablet works either horizontally or vertically with good visibility over the top.

Only draw back is that the radio is partially obscured when the tablet is vertical, which is not great but has proved to be only a small hinderance. A worthwhile compromise for having a 10" screen for nav.

I will post some pics later to show the arrangement.
      Cheers
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      MY06 NP GLX DID Auto, ARB winch bar, Bushskinz front + self designed transmission protection, Tigerz 12,000lbs Winch w/ rope, Snorkel, 2" lift with Lovells springs & Bilstien shocks, 265/70R16 D697 AT's, Self made auto lock-up kit, Leaking Aux bat w/ Redarc isolator, 10" Tab Navigator, UHF, Roo Lite spotties, Cargo barrier, Rhino HD Roof bars & roof basket on track mount, Waeco, self made camping box, TVan and lots of fun...

Comment

That was the reason why I limited my GPS stuff to 7" max
        10" is grat for visability, movies and so on but IMHO total overkill in a car even if it is big as our cars.
        I opted for a ram mount holding my Nexus in front of the air vents, so if needed I can cool the tablet that way.
        And as some members can confirm, the mount and tablet will stay in place even during the hardest abuse.
        The downside of all mounts for bigger tablets so far is that I was not able to find anything that does not vibrate.
        Especially on corrugated roads this can be quite annoying, one reason why I no longer keep the USB card reader attached...
        '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....
        Password for all my files: downunder

Comment

I use ram mounts. Galaxy Tab2 10.1)

currently suction cup to screen, but want to change to clic on mount.

Michael.
          2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.

Comment

How you find visibility Michael?
            You have picture of it mounted at all?

Leo

Comment

Here are the pics as promised of my ram mount arranagement. It is very simple and makes connecting and removing the mount & table very quick and easy so no need to leave it in sight when away from the car.

The mounting ball is attached to an short L section which is bolted throught the bottom of the pocket into a large/stiff backing plate to give it rigidity. The overall mounting configuration is pretty firm and vibration has not been an issue for viewing the screen.

I previously had a 7" gps mounted in the same location but replaced it because it was too small for me to see effectively (eye sight going - must be getting old).
              Attached Files
              MY06 NP GLX DID Auto, ARB winch bar, Bushskinz front + self designed transmission protection, Tigerz 12,000lbs Winch w/ rope, Snorkel, 2" lift with Lovells springs & Bilstien shocks, 265/70R16 D697 AT's, Self made auto lock-up kit, Leaking Aux bat w/ Redarc isolator, 10" Tab Navigator, UHF, Roo Lite spotties, Cargo barrier, Rhino HD Roof bars & roof basket on track mount, Waeco, self made camping box, TVan and lots of fun...

Comment

aquanaught
                Here are the pics as promised of my ram mount arranagement. It is very simple and makes connecting and removing the mount & table very quick and easy so no need to leave it in sight when away from the car.

The mounting ball is attached to an short L section which is bolted throught the bottom of the pocket into a large/stiff backing plate to give it rigidity. The overall mounting configuration is pretty firm and vibration has not been an issue for viewing the screen.

I previously had a 7" gps mounted in the same location but replaced it because it was too small for me to see effectively (eye sight going - must be getting old).
                Do you have the part numbers for the Ram Mount you're using aquanaught?
                Cheers,
                Paul

Comment

The rubber ball mounts (2x) are RAM-B-238U
                  The 3" arm is RAM-B-201U
                  My holder is a generic one for heavy duty cases, RAM-HOL-TAB8U, but there are other holders depending on type of tablet.

Comment

I use the galaxy mount from Ram. had 1.5inch mounts from when I had a windows tablet (it was heavy),

cannot find where I put te pics Im sure some are on here.

Michael.
                    2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.

Comment

Nice mounting idea BUT I do not want to drill any holes, there's gotta be a solution somewhere haha

Leo

Comment

I have velcroed a Ali angle inside the pocket above the stereo and Velcro on the back of the case of the tablet. Works well and does not move off road. This is a nexus 7 so smaller and lighter than yours thou.no drilling required.
                        http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...pictureid=3104

Comment

Now that's a thought, velcro. Wonder if it'll hold a 10.1in tablet.....

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X