No announcement yet.

Hema Explorer vs Memory Map vs Exploroz apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting using the ExploreOz Traveller app. Works pretty good and for $50.00 you get a heap of features and all of Australia maps, and use offline as well. For pre planning trips you can't go past Ozi Explorer.
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonmc73 View Post

Jaffles dumb question time, but this app obviously the maps are stored on phone & its using GPS???

My point being i presume don't require phone reception obviously?
      Yes I think thats how it works.
      I have found it can't find Goondiwindi for one town or any national parks. It could be user hopelessness, but a search is a search you'd think. I have loaded the 3 sets of Qld maps available and it can't find anything. It also decides which route I will take though I am plotting something different. So maybe back to the drawing board. Maybe a mix of google for possibilities, and this thing for detail.

Ian, I get what you are saying. You do a lot of scrolling and zooming in and out to keep up with what one is trying to do on a phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
        Starting using the ExploreOz Traveller app. Works pretty good and for $50.00 you get a heap of features and all of Australia maps, and use offline as well. For pre planning trips you can't go past Ozi Explorer.
        Is there anyway it can be on the Iphone and talk to the factory head unit through apply car thingy. I done;t have the Rockman head unit, just the povo.

Comment

Originally posted by jaffles View Post

Is there anyway it can be on the Iphone and talk to the factory head unit through apply car thingy. I done;t have the Rockman head unit, just the povo.
          MMCS 1 and 2 use a Mitsi modified version of TomTom (Whereis) and incompatible with anything else.
          Last edited by redbruce; 13-09-21, 04:59 PM.
          MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries, Redarc BCDC, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, Boo's bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65R18, TPMS, Dobinson/Kings HD 45mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, TC mod, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator cooler bypass, KAON barrier, MM nudgebar, Fyrlyt Luxsis 5000. Stockman allroada pod trailer with ARB Simpson 3 RTT.

Comment

It can be done via Android https://youtu.be/GVELayFkPm8
            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
              I have both Ozi Explorer and ExporOz and you are correct Pickle, trying to plot a track on the PC using ExplorOz is a nighmare. On the other hand, doing it on Ozi Explorer is a breeze and you can then change the format of the Ozi Explorer track and upload it to ExplorOz.

Another way is to plot a track using Google Earth and those files can aslo be imported in to Ozi Explorer and ExplorOz.

OziExplorer is a one off charge, which is an advantage over ExplorOz with an annual subscription.
              2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian H View Post

I have both Ozi Explorer and ExporOz and you are correct Pickle, trying to plot a track on the PC using ExplorOz is a nighmare. On the other hand, doing it on Ozi Explorer is a breeze and you can then change the format of the Ozi Explorer track and upload it to ExplorOz.

Another way is to plot a track using Google Earth and those files can aslo be imported in to Ozi Explorer and ExplorOz.

OziExplorer is a one off charge, which is an advantage over ExplorOz with an annual subscription.
                Ian, what differences are there between using Google Earth or Ozi Explorer for plotting track and subsequent importing in to Ozi Explorer and ExplorOz?
                MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries, Redarc BCDC, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, Boo's bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65R18, TPMS, Dobinson/Kings HD 45mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, TC mod, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator cooler bypass, KAON barrier, MM nudgebar, Fyrlyt Luxsis 5000. Stockman allroada pod trailer with ARB Simpson 3 RTT.

Comment

You can transfer Google Earth kml tracks to Ozi Explorer by using GPS Babel to get them in to an Ozi Exp format (plt) They can be imported directly to ExplorOz but it's a much clunkier program to use for that purpose.

These videos from our 4WD club series might help:

Plotting tracks on Ozi Explorer

https://youtu.be/YRLr4lXnsBg

Google Earth tracks to Ozi Explorer

https://youtu.be/aJxQ5cVm6as

Using Google earth for track evelvation

https://youtu.be/PX3iB-S_c28

2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

Yes I think thats how it works.
                    I have found it can't find Goondiwindi for one town or any national parks. It could be user hopelessness, but a search is a search you'd think. I have loaded the 3 sets of Qld maps available and it can't find anything. It also decides which route I will take though I am plotting something different. So maybe back to the drawing board. Maybe a mix of google for possibilities, and this thing for detail.

Ian, I get what you are saying. You do a lot of scrolling and zooming in and out to keep up with what one is trying to do on a phone.
                    This is something I should address, you sorta have to already know where you are going or where to look, the search and route functions are useless. and dont work offline.
                    I jsut plot dots, or use google maps for my main road based driving with offline maps as well. then use pocket earth for all my tracking, and once I get offroad I switch as I can see the contour lines.

You download each are as required. as its always there for when you need it. and when you are done you can send the data file to google earth and view your track on the planet view. pretty cool stuff.
                    07 Mitsubishi Pajero Shorty - Currently rolling around... somewhere in the middle east I think..

Insta: https://www.instagram.com/wrongturnadventure/

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X