Oziexplorer Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oziexplorer Training

For anyone interested in learning how to use Oziexplorer, PC and Android, may I recommend you have a look at Idlers 4WD Club of Victoria's youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...V-FrDDghEL0Rgb

Forum member Ian has set up a playlist of his own training and information videos which will suit everyone from an absolute beginner to the more experienced user. Simply the best training aids available for the software.

Sadly, Ian has not offered me any monetary reward for this plug, if he had I would have used words like fantastic , sublime, unsurpassed, brilliant that's why I only used the Tina Turner reference

Cheers
    Peter
    p.s. don't tell him I sent you.

Ha, thanks for the plug.

What I think makes Ozi stand out is the availability of high resolution free maps from here....

https://www.getlost.com.au/

They've just released Version 12 with 1:25K maps for NSW to go with the same resolution for Vic which have been around for a bit longer.

These guys have done a great job making them available so consider making a small donation to them if you download any maps. When you consider the price of some commercial maps, these are amazing and better than Hema etc.
    Last edited by Ian H; 17-06-20, 07:31 PM.
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.

Comment

for sharing, I donated $5 to the cause, maybe handy if I ever need there work me thinks.
      Last edited by Jasonmc73; 17-06-20, 09:38 PM.
      Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16

Comment

Good lad

I sent them a bit tonight too, after downloading the new 25 and 75k sets for NSW. I'm a self confessed map junkie, I have to have the latest.
        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.

Comment

Unfortunately not much for the Independent Republic of Western Australia.
          Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Baintech powertop aux battery in cargo area (removable), Jaycar battery isolator, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

They probably don't need much more than what's already available, we did WA fine with 150k maps.

The only time you need 25k would be areas like the Vic high country, Tassie and the Blue Mountains in NSW. Outback WA, QLD and SA are well covered by Hema and others.

Comment

For those currently using Oziexplorer what device are you using and any recommendatons? I've heard some tablets have better GPS receivers than other making them quicker to lock on your position and possibly more accurate?
              2016 NX GLS MY16 | MMA towbar | Boo's bash plates | ProVent 200 catch can | 2" Lovells SD (F+R) + Bilsteins | Stedi 28" ST4K | Falken Wildpeak AT3s | iDRIVE

Comment

Mines a Samsung 8" Tab A which is less than $300 and works perfectly. Storing maps on an SD card allows the program to work better too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                  Mines a Samsung 8" Tab A which is less than $300 and works perfectly. Storing maps on an SD card allows the program to work better too.
                  Thanks Ian H. Do you need the 4G version or the wifi only version has built in GPS?
                  2016 NX GLS MY16 | MMA towbar | Boo's bash plates | ProVent 200 catch can | 2" Lovells SD (F+R) + Bilsteins | Stedi 28" ST4K | Falken Wildpeak AT3s | iDRIVE

Comment

Just the basic version with a built in GPS, no sim card or mobile connection required.

Comment

I had the Samsung 8 inch but the battery packed it in and damaged the unit. Upgraded to the 10 inch. So much better. Easier to read and operate when navigating maps and waypoints. Only a few dollars more than the 8inch and I have loaded heaps of apps, maps etc. Also handy to download operational manuals onto an SD card . Such as dcdc charger info, Regulator info, car trouble codes, recipes, movies, music etc. Can use it to watch a movie or series whilst in bed.
                      Dicko FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
                      Having lots of friends on facebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...both meaningless.

Telegraph X camper

Comment

Good points Dicko. I store music on it as well so it has a lot more uses than a Hema navigator.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                          Good points Dicko. I store music on it as well so it has a lot more uses than a Hema navigator.

I just downloaded/copied a few thousand songs and with the tablet connected to a remote bluetooth speaker it provides days of easy listening with a good variety. Sort of makes the car radio obsolete as you can also pair it with a wifi hotspot and tune in to radio stations for news reports , talkback or just more music.
                          Dicko FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
                          Having lots of friends on facebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...both meaningless.

Telegraph X camper

Comment

I never knew these existed. Keen to download and have a look, but can someone tell me if there is a
                            file or image file that indicates what map covers what in the NSW 25k stuff?
                            NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, roof racks otherwise stock as a rock.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
                            Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.

Comment

I can't see one on the website but they do have one for Vic so I'd expect they'll add one for NSW at some point.

I have a NSW index map and having a quick look, it corresponds with the Get Lost map names so if you PM me your email address I'll send a copy. It's a 3MB pdf file.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X