Big Desert - Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Desert - Victoria

We spent a week in the Big Desert, south of Midura and had a ball driving the tracks, climbing the dunes and checking out a lot of the camping areas.

Here's a couple of videos of the Paj climbing up to Thompson's Lookout (which it did easily) and another going up Big Dune (which we didn't make).

https://youtu.be/3QwaKFyNX5I

https://youtu.be/2vNreqoD34Y
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Great vids Ian. Love that country. In my experience, Big Dune is not about the speed but the tyre pressures. Both times I've done it, I had to drop my tyres to 10 PSI. I was a bit nervous about it, but it did the job.
    My friends call me Rob; you can call me .... Rob.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    MY12 NW GL DiD auto. 2" MD Lovells/Bilstein lift. Bushskinz underbody protection. Home made rear platform with sliding boxes above and lots of space underneath.

Comment

I started at 20psi and dropped to14 but just ran out of steam near the end. Great place to visit though.

We had friends there who'd been up Thompsons previously but couldn't make it this time, so it does change quite a lot over the weeks and months.
      2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X