Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Central Queensland

nxpajero.jpgHi all,

Been reading different topics as I'm about to pick up a demo NX GLS for a daily driver and outback tourer. Wasn't really planning on a Pajero as a daily, I just wanted something so I can make my VF2 SSV Commodore a weekend driver and keep the k's a bit lower.

We used to do a lot of touring on our Harley, unfortunately circumstances change so a decent 4 wheel tourer was also needed to replace our 2 wheel one.

Anyhow, I've been driving different Pajero's from my work's car pool and was impressed at how they drive compared to our Colorado's and Ranger's. This got me to thinking about getting one and setting it up for some outback touring.

No doubt I'll be asking lots of 'noob' questions are the options for these seem almost endless.

Cheers,
    LV
    Last edited by LordViykor; 2 weeks ago.

Originally posted by LordViykor View Post
    nxpajero.jpgHi all,

Been reading different topics as I'm about to pick up a demo NX GLS for a daily driver and outback tourer. Wasn't really planning on a Pajero as a daily, I just wanted something so I can make my VF2 SSV Commodore a weekend driver and keep the k's a bit lower.

We used to do a lot of touring on our Harley, unfortunately circumstances change so a decent 4 wheel tourer was also needed to replace our 2 wheel one.

Anyhow, I've been driving different Pajero's from my work's car pool and was impressed at how they drive compared to our Colorado's and Ranger's. This got me to thinking about getting one and setting it up for some outback touring.

No doubt I'll be asking lots of 'noob' questions are the options for these seem almost endless.

Cheers,
    LV
    Welcome. You should find the Paj a great touring vehicle. I recently retired from motorcycling about 3 years ago. Too many drunks and druggies on the roads now. 08 Fatboy all motored and blinged up. Sad to see the Paj wont be produced in the future. The 3.2 litre motor is rock solid and you will see many trouble free kilometers for many years. If you want to save a few dollars......don't get on the forum and look at some of the great mods available.......or else your hand will be in your wallet constantly!!!....Enjoy.
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
    If you take life too seriously you will never get out alive....

Telegraph X camper

Comment

Welcome to the forum

All "noob" questions welcome. ( I know because I have asked LOTS of them and always got helpful answers)

You will find the Pajero to be quite nice as a tourer, i use mine on the highway a lot and its quite pleasant.

On a side note, its nice to have a 'Lord' on here. Makes the forum a little more classy
      2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Dunlop ATG3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge MX 1.4, Uniden 8080s, more to come...

Comment

Welcome aboard.

While we might be a little biased, I will say that I purchased a pajero originally to do tow duties and because they drove more like a car than a truck, Was important for the wife to be comfortable to drive it. So yes not surprised you chose one over your other options.

Glad you have join the mad house.... errr I mean club.

Happy motoring. Ask questions as much as you want, there is huge amount of knowledge and helpful people here.

Cheers
        95 White LWB Panda coloured GLS TD28 running 18psi 2inch lift, 2 inch body lift, factory rear LSD maxxis bighorn muddies 25,000klms after total engine rebuild - Club reged Currently around 307,000klms

Daughters - 2003 NP Exceed Silver Bone stoke getting a engine rebuild after a Major overheat (previous owner) - My current project

Comment

Welcome, good to have another QLDer on here!
          MY21 NX Pajero
          a few mods to come !

Comment

Welcome to the Club your lordship, You have chosen a proven machine with a bullet proof 3.2 engine that will allow to tour and tow in ease. I love my 2016 NX and I know you wont be disappointed at all with your choice. So Happy motoring
            XSWAT 1998 NL GL, 3.5L MANUAL, 2" OME 50 mm Lift, MAXXIS 751 33X12.5R15 on CSA N26 RIMS with -11 OFFSET, UNIDEN UHF, NARVA 175 SPOTTIES, AIRCON & RADIO/CD,......CONVERTED to SEVEN SEATER, Manual Hubs (ex tritton)
            1990 NG SWB 2.5 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, 33s, LIGHT BAR, GEN 2 IDLER & PITMAN ARMS. PLANS - Dual Battery.
            1999 NL SWB 2.8 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, INVECS TIPTRONIC AUTOMATIC GEARBOX, ARB BULLBAR, DUAL BATTERY, SPOTTIES, ROOF RACK.
            2016 MY16 PAJERO GLX AUTO DID GRAPHITE COLOR STOCK

Comment

Lots of helpful folks around here. Welcome

Comment

Working...
              X