Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G'day from South Africa

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • G'day from South Africa

    New Pajero owner from South Africa here. You know, the country currently holding the Rugby World Cup!

    I recently bought a 2014 Pajero 3.2 D-ID LWB Exceed (Gen 4) and have not regretted a single moment of it.

    I had done a fair share of homework on Landcruisers, Everest and some double cabs, but got very little issues experienced on Pajeros. Fortunately they don't have the same ridiculous secondhand value that Landcruisers have - and also look better and drive much nicer.

    Mine is white, only realised after getting home that it was a metallic/pearl finish. Already picked up some scratches from branches etc, will polish that out later.

    I have now driven my Paj for 4 000 km and there is only one irritation: the rear door's latch is sticky.

    I live in Nelspruit in the Mpumalanga province (used to be Eastern Transvaal in the olden days). I bought the car in Johannesburg with 212 000km on the clock. On the way home I measured a tank-to-tank consumption of 8,5l/100km. I drove with the speed control set at GPS 128km/h (indicated 135km/h), with the air-conditioner pumping away. Distance of about 370km.

    The area here is fairly hilly, so I'm battling to beat 12l/100km on average, but I am still as pleased as a pig on a vegetarian's farm.

    I have already seen one thread that really interests me: the one of the resistor inserted in the loom to shut off the EGR, and once I have a moment to fiddle with the Pajero, I will be doing that. Our temperatures do not compare to Perth's (thank heavens), but a really bad winter's day might see a day temperature of 18 degrees Centigrade. Summer days, like we're having now, see temperatures in the high 30s, with very high humidity. So an EGR is a joke.

    I hope to learn a lot from your experience. Sadly, the South African Pajero owners' forum is dead.

    Best wishes to you all for a much better 2022 and thousands of pleasurable and safe kilometres with your Pajeros!



    Réhann Coetzee

    Nelspruit
    Mpumalanga Province
    South Africa
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

    Coming to you from the Lowveld in South Africa
    2014 Pajero 3.2 D-ID LWB (Gen 4)
    2012 Triumph Explorer (Gen 1)

  • #2
    Welcome to the forum.

    As you are thinking about dealing with the EGR, there is a plug and play option available. More expensive than a resistor ( about $90 au I think) but very quick to fit. I don't have one fitted (yet) but many here do. Google Munji EGR delete.

    Here's a link to the online workshop manual as well. Might come in handy.

    http://faq.out-club.ru/download/paje...3/index_M1.htm
    2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Dunlop ATG3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, more to come...

    Comment


    • #3
      Welcome.

      Is it the cargo door or the rear passenger door? Something in the latching/lever system gums up in the cargo door with whatever. It's happened twice in my Gen 4-1. Rather than rip the door apart I used Inox with a long straw up through handle on the door. Copious amounts are needed and working the handle while you are spraying. As a preventative I now hit it with Inox every 12 months.

      Comment


      • #4
        Welcome to the forum, there are a lot of very knowledgeable and helpful people here and the site is full of very useful information, I spend hours researching information I find on here and it has helped me save both time and money

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BruceandBobbi
          Welcome.

          Is it the cargo door or the rear passenger door? Something in the latching/lever system gums up in the cargo door with whatever. It's happened twice in my Gen 4-1. Rather than rip the door apart I used Inox with a long straw up through handle on the door. Copious amounts are needed and working the handle while you are spraying. As a preventative I now hit it with Inox every 12 months.
          Yes, the cargo door. Apologies for the terminology.

          Thanks, that sounds like good advice!

          Coming to you from the Lowveld in South Africa
          2014 Pajero 3.2 D-ID LWB (Gen 4)
          2012 Triumph Explorer (Gen 1)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Two Emms
            Welcome to the forum.

            As you are thinking about dealing with the EGR, there is a plug and play option available. More expensive than a resistor ( about $90 au I think) but very quick to fit. I don't have one fitted (yet) but many here do. Google Munji EGR delete.

            Here's a link to the online workshop manual as well. Might come in handy.

            http://faq.out-club.ru/download/paje...3/index_M1.htm
            Thank you very much!

            Coming to you from the Lowveld in South Africa
            2014 Pajero 3.2 D-ID LWB (Gen 4)
            2012 Triumph Explorer (Gen 1)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Réhann View Post

              Yes, the cargo door. Apologies for the terminology.

              Thanks, that sounds like good advice!
              Welcome, I will add I dont know what it is about South Africa, but my door lived hapily for 10 years in Australia without a hitch, then failed 3 times in Africa from the dust and heat mix in a 3 month period. I have no clue. but I do what he said and it is still surviving. its just a pain to get into the back with a full storage unit.
              07 Mitsubishi Pajero Shorty - Currently rolling around... somewhere in the middle east I think..

              Insta: https://www.instagram.com/wrongturnadventure/
              Website: https://wrongturn.com.au/

              Comment


              • #8
                I threaten to buy this in anticipation

                https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...2b181208ydNVnu
                Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

                Comment

                Matched content

                Collapse
                Working...
                X