Finally picked up my NM Exceed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally picked up my NM Exceed.

At last, picked up the 'new' NM Exceed from Sydney last week. Had to wait a month while the previous owner was OS on hols. I will post some photos of it action when I have had a chance to do exactly that - get into it proper and get it off road! Now have it back in SA and have started to do all the installs planned - lights, radio, DVD (front and back) and LPG conversion. The drive back from Sydney was eventless, but you would expect that. The Paj is an excellent touring bus and I am very happy with it. Very comfortable and quiet for the long hauls. Came home the long way, via Jindabyne and Albury/Wodonga with another stopover at St Arnaud. Plan to put the 4WD to the test in the Vic High country in a couple of weeks.

Have just had the LPG fitted - a sequential injection install for just over the 4 grand mark. Should be a little over half the fuel cost now.

The UHF is in, a GME TX3440. Bull bar mount 6dB aerial, unit is installed under dash to the left of the steering wheel, speaker facing down so is still quite audible. Got tricky with the mic and configured a socket for it in place of the little coin holder adj the FM antenna switch. Just unplug the mic and store in glove box when not in use.

Have ordered my IPF 900's to mount on the factory mitsi bull bar. 10" DVD player with IR headphones installed between front seats for the tin lids in back - should keep 'em quiet on those 6 hour drive days to and from Vic, Flinders Ranges, Riverland, Grampians etc etc. Keeping a 3 and 5 year old entertained in the back seat for 6 hours straight does require some electronic assistance.

Now just got to figure out relocation of the air con controls to accommodate the 2 Din DVD for the front. May need to call in the pro's for that one! Despite reports to the contrary, the 01 Exceed does not have climate control in the front and the controls have mechanical linkages to redirect and shorten to get it all to work. Messy!

Anyway, looking forward to mucho Pajero cruising and off road exploring.

Cheers,

Calspec
    01 NM Exceed 3.5l Auto, SVI LPG, Pacemakers, Alloy Bar, IPF lights, GME TX3440, OME/King Suspension, 2" Lift, Toyo OCII 75's, 2500Kg Tow Hitch, Milford Cargo Barrier, ARB Fridge, ABR Dual Battery isolator, Rear storage drawers, Hema Navigator 7, JVC 7" In dash DVD, TJM Compressor, 2.5T Hand winch and all the bits that go with it, and a 17' Jayco Westport.

Hi Cal
    Who did your LPG conversion and are you happy with it? I'm in Adelaide too NE suburbs. I mostley use mine for Beach cruising but have done one track up at the flinders ranges. Hooked on it now would be good to see some pic's of the DVD instal.
    NP 03 Exceed. 3.5l petrol. Injected LPG. 2in lift, Poly air at rear, custom rear storage, 10 wheeels, 5 tyres looking for some new tyres,

Comment

LPG Installed by Croft Automotive at Mile End. He did a pick up and drop off for me as he lives locally. Good job.

Attached is pics of DVD and UHF job.

Cheers
      Attached Files
      01 NM Exceed 3.5l Auto, SVI LPG, Pacemakers, Alloy Bar, IPF lights, GME TX3440, OME/King Suspension, 2" Lift, Toyo OCII 75's, 2500Kg Tow Hitch, Milford Cargo Barrier, ARB Fridge, ABR Dual Battery isolator, Rear storage drawers, Hema Navigator 7, JVC 7" In dash DVD, TJM Compressor, 2.5T Hand winch and all the bits that go with it, and a 17' Jayco Westport.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X