Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First 4x4

Hi all,
    I have just become the proud new owner of a 1993 NH LWB 7 seat 2.5l intercooled turbo diesel Pajero. Not sure if it's a GL, GLS or GLX.

I believe it has had an engine transplant because the engine number starts with D4BX which Google tells me is a Hyundai built engine.

It's not running ATM due to the engine having been removed (long story).

I have a few things to sort out before it's ready for a blueslip. I have been trying to find a workshop manual for it so I can see where the wiring looms go but the ones I've seen only show those details for the petrol engines.

I will post photos shortly, after I take some
    1993 NH GLS 2.5L intercooled turbo diesel. LWB, 7 seat. Factory so far (I think).
    My introduction thread

I finally took some photos. I have some tech questions but I'll start a new thread in the gen 2 forum.
    http://imgur.com/a/qOifb

Can anyone tell me if I have a GL, GLX or a GLS?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Wombatunderground; 19-11-13, 12:04 PM.
    1993 NH GLS 2.5L intercooled turbo diesel. LWB, 7 seat. Factory so far (I think).
    My introduction thread

Comment

Looks like a GLS to me. What is on the orange label in the foot well?
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Hi nj swb,
        The orange sticker is information about using the 4x4 functions. There was also a sticker on the inside of the driver's door. I added photos of both to the album I linked above.

What is the difference between GLS and GLX?
        My introduction thread

Comment

I was under the impression if the orange sticker is present then more than likely it's fitted with the factory diff lock. Nice rig btw! Congratulations, enjoy your new rig and welcome aboard
          2011 NT GL | ARB Bull bar. LED Spotlights/Lightbar. 2inch Lift Kit. GME aerial. GME uhf radio. SPV egr blank. Roof rack. ECU remap. 3inch exhaust. Tow bar with anderson plug. Bash plates. K&N Filter. Xtreme Heavy Duty clutch. Side awning. Dual battery. LED low beams. Front and rear sway bar adjustable link kits from Superpro. Jonny Tig aftermarket front mounted intercooler upgrade. Heavy duty synthetic winch. E lockers. Dual fuel tank. Polaris with HEMA maps. Cargo barrier.

Comment

About all I can remember of the difference between GLS and GLX is the two-tone paint job with the fancy flares.

Rear diff lock came (I thought) as part of the "tri pack", which included adjustable suspension and ABS brakes. I don't see the ABS hardware.
            NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

It's a GLS. I found the badge :-D

I put up a few more photos in the gallery. She had her first bath today and looks a bit better. I need to gibe the inside a good clean now.

She's running... Kind of. I have 2 sets of injectors, the first caused lots of black smoke. The second ones still cause a little smoke but neither have been serviced or flow tested. I am getting some white smoke now and a little bit of a blue tinge. It seems to take a lot to wind up, the throttle isn't hugely responsive. It won't idle under 1k rpm. I also seem to have developed an elextrical issue with the air con. While tracing circuits I discovered that none of the fuses under the hood were the correct rating. There was also a porely thought out driving light circuit and what appears to be 12v supply to the trailer hookup using minimum gauge power cable and running all sorts of odd places in the car.

She also seems to have an oil leak at the sump which is surprising considering the amount of silicon that the previous user used to put it on with. Not too difficult, just annoying.

Could the rough running be because of old diesel? I think the stuff in the tank has been in there for a while. Should I drain it or can I fill up with new diesel? There is less than 1/4 of a tank.

I do have a rear diff lock though I don't have ABS. I'm thinking this might be an optioned up GLS.
              My introduction thread

Comment

Well, I finally got her registered and have been driving around on the black top since 19/8/2015. I've had a couple of issues since rego and regular driving.

I've had to replace the turbo due to a cracked exhaust housing and have been dealing with a few oil leaks that have cropped up.

The Super Select system isn't working right atm, seems to be an electrical issue. I have posted here asking about it.

The sunroof was all seized up. One day, after fixing a leaking exhaust manifold gasket, a mate and myself had a bit of a look at it, pulled out the glass and greased everything we could find that moved and now it opens and closes all on its own. I might have to find some of the front plastic runners to replace the ones that are in there but I will look into that later.

I had an issue with a stuffed seal under the oil cap but have replace the seal and that leak went away. While I was replacing the exhaust gasket I took the rocker cover off and checked the torque on the head bolts. They were mostly ok but the ones towards the front and the back needed to be nipped up a bit. made sure I applied silicon to the half moon in the back of the head and the corners at the front before putting the rocker cover back on.

I still have an oil leak somewhere that I haven't been able to chase down. I think it's under the timing covers so that's the next step towards eliminating the oil leak.

The reason I checked the tension on the head bolts is because I had read that they needed to be rechecked after the head has been off and the mate who rebuilt the engine couldn't remember if he had done or not, not that it did a lot of km's after the rebuild. I was also chasing down why I'm getting smoke and this was one of the suggestions. I'm now leaning towards the timing on the pump being out or the new turbo being smaller than the original.

Once I get the Super Select working the next upgrades I'm looking at are some rock slider/side steps and a snorkel.
                My introduction thread

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X