Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Antman

Hi All

I have been a forum lurker for a little while now. I have also been a long time Prado owner. Its still for sale here if anyone know someone after a Prado in QLD.

Im from QLD and my wife and I have a little girl who is 2 and half now. I heard this was the best if not only Pajero forum about so joined.

We have ordered a new MY14 NW VRX in Graphite. Also got the factory alloy bar and factory tow bar. Delivery is expected for either Thursday / Friday this week so can't wait.

There seems like a wealth of information on here and great deal of people with good knowledge willing to help another out. Thanks for what i have already read and TIA for anyone that helps me out

Cheers guys and pics to come when I take delivery.

Ants
    2013 NW MY14 Graphite Pajero VRX
    Factory Alloy Bullbar, Hella Rallye 4000 Chromium Spot Lights, Dual Battery with CTEK D250S, GME TX3500S, AE4018k1, Airbag Man airbags

Great to have you along Ants, Pajero will be a stark difference from the Prado.
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Welcome Antman

You find this forum especially very helpful now that you will be driving a Pajero. Any particular reason why you decided to jump ship??.

cheers,
      XSWAT 1998 NL GL, 3.5L MANUAL, 2" OME 50 mm Lift, MAXXIS 751 33X12.5R15 on CSA N26 RIMS with -11 OFFSET, UNIDEN UHF, NARVA 175 SPOTTIES, AIRCON & RADIO/CD,......CONVERTED to SEVEN SEATER, Manual Hubs (ex tritton)
      1990 NG SWB 2.5 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, 33s, LIGHT BAR, GEN 2 IDLER & PITMAN ARMS. PLANS - Dual Battery.
      1999 NL SWB 2.8 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, INVECS TIPTRONIC AUTOMATIC GEARBOX, ARB BULLBAR, DUAL BATTERY, SPOTTIES, ROOF RACK.
      2016 MY16 PAJERO GLX AUTO DID GRAPHITE COLOR STOCK

Comment

Originally posted by 98NL GL View Post
        You find this forum especially very helpful now that you will be driving a Pajero. Any particular reason why you decided to jump ship??.

cheers,
        Thanks mate i have already found the forum helpful.

We wanted a new car to travel around the country with over the next 3 / 4 years in comfort. The price of the Pajero just offered more bang for its buck than the Prado did. Don't get me wrong, i love the Prado and love the 120 series also. However the 150 series, its shape just doesn't really do it for me.

Also if the situation comes up the Pajero gives us the option to tow something heavier than the Prado does. Everyone talks about the ball weights dropping over 2.5t to 180kgs, but in reality, look at the vans about that are larger, they are tandem axle and have a lower ball weight anyway so that doesn't affect me.

I will really miss the sub fuel tank! even though the pajero in diesel is going to give me very similar overall KMS per tank the nice thing about the sub tank was that it was there. peace of mind i guess.

It will be very interesting to see how it goes as I have only ever driven a Prado 4x4. Hopefully won't disappoint or else there will be one very unhappy lady in the household.. LOL. Im sure it won't, i don't think really you can go too wrong with any new car. They all have their ups and downs etc.

Cheers
        Ants
        Factory Alloy Bullbar, Hella Rallye 4000 Chromium Spot Lights, Dual Battery with CTEK D250S, GME TX3500S, AE4018k1, Airbag Man airbags

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
          Great to have you along Ants, Pajero will be a stark difference from the Prado.
          Dave
          Thanks Dave. Can't wait to pick it up which should be on Thursday afternoon.

Comment

antman79

You dont have to worry about a long range tank, on any paj, has there are lots of accounts on how to fit one and just where also how big your needs are, just have yourself a look in search under LR tanks, loads of guys have posted and laft diagrams and where theirs were placed, anyhow welcome to the club, enjoy these pages and your new toy.

Comment

I love my paj
              NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

welcome another brisbane forum reader here good choice on car.
                Iron Bark MY13 VRX NW Pajero 4WD Newbie.
                Ultimate suspension 2 inch lift, ARB Bull Bar, ARB High Intensity lights,Air Tech Snorkel, Rhino Roof platform, Mickey Thompson STZ, Clarion DVD Screen,Waeco CFX 50 Fridge ,UltraGuage EM Plus, MM towbar,Bush Skinz Under Body Protection, Electronic Rust Protection and a few other bits and pieces.

Comment

Well its been a little while since i posted so i thought i should add some more info and pics.

Since getting the Pajero I have:

1. Added my spot lights from my previous car. A set of Hella Rallye 4000 chromiums
                  2. Installed a dual battery system using a CTEK D250s as the charger for the battery.
                  3. Installed a GME TX3500s UHF and also an AE4018k1 antenna (i had an antenna mount welded onto the factory bar). This was installed in front of the cup holders between the front seats.
                  4. Installed a hotwire to the 12volt plug in the rear of the car. I run new cabling and fuses.
                  5. Had a set of airbag man airbags installed in the rear springs.

Love the car so far. It will be interesting to see how it goes over time.
                  Cheers
                  20140407_074814.jpg

20140329_122026.jpg

20140407_074824.jpg

20140410_070826.jpg

pajandvan.jpg

Comment

Hi antman
                    Looks grea
                    Did you cut a hole in the center for the cb control? Looks great. Need to out mine somewhere
                    Pajero NT RX 2011
                    Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
                    LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

Originally posted by Rovingman View Post
                      Hi antman
                      Looks grea
                      Did you cut a hole in the center for the cb control? Looks great. Need to out mine somewhere
                      Hey mate
                      Where the UHF is was already an area to put something. I was keeping my wallet there. So whilst most was already cut out, i still had to cut the bottom out of it. That GME unit (TX3500s) is a perfect fit for that area. I didn't even use the mounting bracket that came with it, just used velcro on the sides to pad it and hold it in place and then some foam tape on top and bottom of the UHF to pad it out so that there is no movement at all from the UHF.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X