No announcement yet.

New reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friend lived in Innisfail for a while. Fishing with him there he constantly had to remind me that we are in croc country. Old habits

Comment

Anywhere North of Maryborough now can have crocs. I respect the old crocodile. Great hunter. Vast majority of people taken have been quite stupid in their behaviour. I personally know of 2 people taken and both were doing foolish acts.
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
      Some days your the dog...other days your the tree!!

Telegraph X camper

Comment

Only ever used bait casters fishing the rivers & creeks around Townsville, only had a 3m fibreglass with 25 on the bum, was so shallow it only had 18" of freeboard, biggest fright was from a turtle in the shallows between the Island and Palleranda, bugger popped up just under me and scared the life outta me.... Moved up to a 3.9 stacer and bigger gear with the intention of getting out further chasing bigger fish but the mrs had other ideas after I got turfed out of the boat in the harbour one day spent hour or so with busted arm calling for help, orange smoke saved my life.

When I moved down here I just couldn't get to grips with the open waters, just didn't have enough confidence, so sold the tub and all the gear got stored in the shed, still can't understand these crow eaters loving their mullet and garfish, only ever used it as bait up there guess I was spoiled with fresh Mangrove Jacks, Barra (over rated), mackrel etc etc...
        All the gear and some idea.....
        MY15 NX GLS, AutoMate Pro, UltraGauge Mx1.4, Ironman Steel Bar, Kaon Intercooler & sump bashplates, Boos Rear bumper plate, KAON cargo barrier & shelf, Munji EGR delete cable, Provent catch can, Redarc BCDC 1220, 105a/Hr AGM 2nd battery, Snapshades (all rear glass) ........
        Leave only footsteps & take only photographs

Leave the tracks & camps in better condition then you found them

Comment

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
          Anywhere North of Maryborough now can have crocs. I respect the old crocodile. Great hunter. Vast majority of people taken have been quite stupid in their behaviour. I personally know of 2 people taken and both were doing foolish acts.
          How about anywhere north of Mt Druitt in Western Sydney? Picked one up there about 12 years ago. Lucky it was only 50 to 55CMs.

Comment

As a kid I also had a Mitchell reel...regarded as one of the best in the wworld at the time. ..
            That brings back memories from 5 decades ago. We were Mitchel reel mad. They used to drive me nuts with refitting the short lived bail arm spring and their soft metal line guides. Still got them but don't use them.

Comment

Originally posted by gumtree View Post

That brings back memories from 5 decades ago. We were Mitchel reel mad. They used to drive me nuts with refitting the short lived bail arm spring and their soft metal line guides. Still got them but don't use them.
              Haha...showing your age mate!. Maybe when you get bored one day, drag them out and service them....if only for a trip down memory lane.

Dicko. FNQ

Telegraph X camper

Comment

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post

How about anywhere north of Mt Druitt in Western Sydney? Picked one up there about 12 years ago. Lucky it was only 50 to 55CMs.
                What, in a creek or something?

Comment

Originally posted by disco stu View Post

What, in a creek or something?
                  Nah. It was in someone's front yard. There was a break in at a croc farm in the NT and 100 baby crocs stolen. They were brought to Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide and offered for sale $250 each. My mate picked up 3.

There's been 1,000s stolen from farms, zoos, and the Reptile Park NSW Central Coast over the last 20 years.

Comment

How on earth did your mate keep 3 crocs in his house? Mustn't be the easiest things to keep around as pets

Comment

Haha...showing your age mate!. Maybe when you get bored one day, drag them out and service them....if only for a trip down memory lane.
                      I'm real happy to show my age as I'm not sure I like the alternative. My doc had a serious heart attack recently and "died" several times but each time was resuscitated. I recently told him I want to be like him....aka that he was one of heavens rejects so accordingly he was sent back to us here.

But you're correct. I should get them out and have a bit of a play.

Comment

Originally posted by disco stu View Post
                        How on earth did your mate keep 3 crocs in his house? Mustn't be the easiest things to keep around as pets
                        Yeah that would be a bit of a problem mate. I took them all to Taronga Zoo.

Comment

Nah. It was in someone's front yard. There was a break in at a croc farm in the NT and 100 baby crocs stolen. They were brought to Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide and offered for sale $250 each. My mate picked up 3.

There's been 1,000s stolen from farms, zoos, and the Reptile Park NSW Central Coast over the last 20 years.
                          Yep, and as long as morons are willing to buy from these scumbags they will be stolen or illegally caught and sold.
                          Dicko. FNQ

Telegraph X camper

Comment

Yeah that would be a bit of a problem mate. I took them all to Taronga Zoo.
                            When you said picked up, I assumed you meant bought and took home.

I have heard weird stories like barramundi in the Sydney area

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X