No announcement yet.

Lithium starter battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you checked the second of his videos which I posted the link for the other day (see a few posts back). It explains what you have stated about the lithium voltage not dropping markedly until it's lost most of it's charge.
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
      Have you checked the second of his videos which I posted the link for the other day (see a few posts back). It explains what you have stated about the lithium voltage not dropping markedly until it's lost most of it's charge.
      Have noy watched this video but in reality a lithium is absolutely fine til about the 10-15% SOC mark where it will very quickly drop its voltage as you say. If the start battery in your car suddenly dropped its voltage then either the battery is cactus, the charging system (alternator/reg) is faulty or something has been drawing power that is not supposed to. A dcdc/bcdc unit without the appropriate relay/switch will draw power from the start battery to the aux whenever it meets certain programmed parameters. My bc/dc had the ignition wire, as have my 2 current various models, and I,ve never had an issue with a flat start battery. Towing the camper I actually run one dcdc to the trailer lithiums and the other to a lithium aux fed by a dcdc unit in the third row well. . Alternators very rarely fully charge any battery unless you spend a very long time behind the drive wheel. None of my dcdc,s work without the ignition being on...this is why its important to wire to ignition and not accessories
      Last edited by Dicko1; 22-04-22, 12:16 PM.
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
      Some days your the dog...other days your the tree!!

Telegraph X camper

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X