Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer case plate

G'day,

After the forumites day where I embarrassingly managed to get stuck on my transfer case (33's are on the wish list) i think i may have bent the transfer case bash plate. Im thinking this cause during acceleration at lowish speed i can hear this massive rattling sound. Ducking my head under the paj, the bashplate appears to be touching the transfer case.

Im wondering if anyone has had this happen before on a Gen 1 paj (or any paj for that matter). Im also wondering if this is the source of my rattles, I can't make it happen when I'm sitting still, it only happens when traveling so this kinda points to either suspension, gearbox, transfer case or exhaust. Lastly, does anyone know if there is an aftermarket transfer case bashplate/skidplate available for gen 1 paj's or possibly somewhere where i can get one made up?

Any help or suggestions would be good.

Cheers
    Greg
    1989 NG Turbo Diesel, ARB Bullbar, IPF 900XS Lights, 31" Cooper S/T or 33" Simex Centipedes , 2" lift front and 3" back

Bent Transfer Case Bash Plate

I had it happen on my old NB. The clunking noise was certainly caused by the bash plate contacting the transfer case. Took the plate off and "reformed" it with a sledge hammer. Good as gold. However, down the track, through the Paj Club, I acquired an after market one (I think these were manufactured by a club member at the time) and the problem never recurred. I also used to run a set of Toyota split rims with 235/85R16 tyres when I went bush. Still have them in storage but unfortunately can use them on my current NP.
    NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

Thanks Oldpaj!!

Any idea who the member was and if they still build them?

Do you have pics of the plate? im interested to see how its done.

Cheers!

Greg
      1989 NG Turbo Diesel, ARB Bullbar, IPF 900XS Lights, 31" Cooper S/T or 33" Simex Centipedes , 2" lift front and 3" back

Comment

Bash Plates

Unfortunately I cannot for the life of me remember who it was that was making them. Additionally I have no pictures of the transfer case bash guard that was fitted. I also had a similarly manufactured fuel tank bash plate.

That being said, I sold the vehicle to another Pajero club member who was after it for parts for his old NB. I suspect that he would not require the guards as I believe his is used primarily as a town car.

If you like I could get in touch with him and see if he has any requirement for them and pass on mutually agreeable contact details. PM me if you are interested.
        NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X