Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pipes

hi guys,
    having my exhaust replaced from my extractors back on friday and was wondering if it was worth spending the extra $$$ on a flash sport system.the guys a the shop promised my that it wouldn't sound like a drony old truck. has any one had there's done and what sort of $$$. the guys at the exhaust shop are trying to talk me into chiping my motor, does this really have much advantage. nl 3.5
    thank in advance..

hi there on my nm 3.5 i had a better flowing mufler put on and it sounded like a droaning donky , they put a hot dog on and it still sounded like a droaning donkey but with a deaper note . i took it off and put the original back on . did not notice any difference in power or fuel economy. as for chipping i have a unichip on mine ,it has to be put on by some one who knowswhat they are doing as it needs to be on a dyno and tuned that way. made a fair bit of a difference but cost $1500.00 . now on the other hand i had a nl 3.5 and it had more get up and go than my nm before i chiped it

Comment

Had mine done at Beaudesert Exhausts. They put a 2.75" mandrel bent cat back system on it and straight up it dronned like a doof-doof car
      Went straight back and they changed the muffler and that quietened it down considerably but SWMBO still said "too loud". Went back again and they put an even bigger muffler on and now it is almost as quiet as the original.

Don't know if there's been much difference in economy but it's definitely made a difference to driveability. It's much more responsive to the throttle and seemed to have a bit more power in the soft sand on Fraser a couple of months ago. Chipping the engine can give varied results. It's depends on the skill of the guy driving the dyno.

Cost for my exhaust was $850.
      Cheers, John.
      LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
      Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

Give Craig a Call. He does some superb work.
        Extreme Custom EngineeringU 6/ 49 Meadow Ave Coopers Plains 4108(07) 3274 3700
        Current ride. EP91 Starlet Auto
        Missus car: 2005 Platinum DiD Auto, H/R Towbar, Rhino Sportz Aero Bars, Redarc Isolator, Elec Brake Controller. 2" Lift and LT Tyres.

Comment

thanks for the replies guys. had my pipes done today. so i now have a set of extractors running into a high flow magna cat, through a 2 1/4" system to a tripple flow muffler and on to a small hot dog style resignator. not very drony at all. just a nice note when you get up her. exhaust guy recommended this system as he has done some pajero's in the past. he doesn't seem to think that a larger pipe diamiter is going to do anything more than make loud noises. he also asures me this sizing will be fine if i every get arround to chipping it. thank again guys.

Comment

Let us know how they go.

Comment

The 3.0 and 3.5L Magna boyz seems to get the best bang for buck by just replacing the axle back portion as the stock muff is quite restrictive.
              How much did the whole system cost you, what materials and got pics?
              Current ride. EP91 Starlet Auto
              Missus car: 2005 Platinum DiD Auto, H/R Towbar, Rhino Sportz Aero Bars, Redarc Isolator, Elec Brake Controller. 2" Lift and LT Tyres.

Comment

the whole system , $450 for extractors (fitted my self) $600 from extrators to the back of the cat (cat is a magna flow stainless steel) $400 hundred picked up the rest. quite happy with price and system so far. i don,t think the pipes are of any special materials. pics I'm afraid aren't going to happen as I'm flat out writing this reply. (computer dud) wouldn't no where to start.
                if any body needs an exhaust i would recommend Mr muffler at Sumner park Brisbane 3376 3444

Comment

On the magna they do replace the rear only with a better flowing unit. Aparently it gives you another 5-8kw. In regards to the Pajero yes engines are almost identical with the magna v6 but the exhaust systems are very different. Im comparing to the NM model. Have a look how huge the muffler in the middle is. That alone i believe is a restriction. The pipe diameter looks ok but the huge barrel in the middle kills it.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by wrexed03 View Post
                    On the magna they do replace the rear only with a better flowing unit. Aparently it gives you another 5-8kw. In regards to the Pajero yes engines are almost identical with the magna v6 but the exhaust systems are very different. Im comparing to the NM model. Have a look how huge the muffler in the middle is. That alone i believe is a restriction. The pipe diameter looks ok but the huge barrel in the middle kills it.

Regards
                    Wouldnt larger make it less restrictive whilst still giving accpetable noise levels? Put a smaller on on and see how ya go

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X