Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O5 NP Pajero Servicing

Hi All
    My 05 3.2 DID Pajero is due for its 30000 KLm service and Mitsubishi wants $580 to do the job, I rang ultra tune and they will do the log book service for $318,any advise on this would be appreciated as I think the dealer may be ripping me off as he said it needs special oils etc that ultra tune don't have.
    look forward to all advice given and have a merry xmas to all

Cheers
    The Rodent

30,000km - Nothing special

Air Filter $55 (MM Spares)
    1.5L Dot 4 Brake Fluid (ie Nulon or similar at Repco/Supercheap $20 odd)
    3L MM Coolant ($30-$50 at MM Spares)
    Diesel Fuel Filter ($55 at MM Spares)
    2x4L Distilled Water (Repco/Supercheap etc $5)
    Engine Oil Filter $55 or $20 depending on black or white version (MM Spares)
    Engine Oil Filter sump washer $2 (MM Spares)
    Engine Oil $60 (for something like Delo 400 Multigrade)

$318 sounds a little cheap

Service Centre about 2hrs ($75 to $150/hr typical) should cover it easily - but I don't trust them.
    Shouldn't need to do the valve adjustment at 30,000km (If the engine is very noisy with non-castrol oil then you may need to adjust)

I would be doing:
    Air Filter Change
    Fuel Filter Change
    Engine Oil + Filter Change
    Brake Fluid Change
    Engine Coolant Change
    Grease Steering and Front Drive nipples
    Plus the usual checks (refer to book)

Suggest you replace the standard original battery if you haven't already (ie Exide Extreme N70Z about $185)

Make sure you use MM coolant and you/they do not use Castrol engine oil. (Castrol makes the engine so noisy).

If doing yourself you will need two hose clamps (for fuel filter change) and a brake bleed kit. Worst part is the fuel filter change - you need to degrease the engine bay after.

If you getting someone to do it make sure you mark the Fuel Filter.
    Last edited by marquis; 06-12-07, 05:14 PM.
    --
    Marquis
    SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

Updated the post above a bit.
      --
      Marquis

Comment

Accordingto the book you don't need the air filter, brake fluid or coolant for the 30,000km save em for the 45000km. Oil and fuel filter about 60 -70$.
        Never noticed the Castrol oil making my engine noisy .. but i do recommend Shell Rimula Super diesel makes it a tad quieter but it is a diesel after all...about $70 for 10 litres ..the Caltex Delo 400 got a good wrap from the oil guru at work but i haven't tried it ....
        Your local chain service organisation will do the job for around $130 labour you supply the parts/oil for say $130 total $260.

I recommend leaving the tappets alone ....

Comment

Originally posted by rodent View Post
          he said it needs special oils etc that ultra tune don't have

Cheers
          The Rodent

i wouldn't bother with a dealer that told you crap like that .. its only an engine oil change for petes sake.. gawd knows what other rubbish they will tell you .... if you have any concerns supply your own oil matched to the specs in the service book ...

Comment

Realy if your unsure about doing it yourself - is the fuel filter. The other bits are straight forward.

I highly recommend using MM parts I listed above.

The brake fluid and coolant should be done.
            --
            Marquis

Comment

Hi All
              Thanks for your info,can you use Ryco filters or not and what is the best way to change the fuel filter. What about a K & N airfilter, does anybody have a part number.

Cheers
              The Rodent

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X