Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP Petrol 90k Service

All,

Just had my 90k Service including the timing belt replaced. Added bits for rear brakes, and replacing some fuses.

Total Cost $1300 - Yikes!! approx 50/50 parts and labour

Things still outstanding:
    - Front Bearings are wobbling and need replacing
    - Rear shocks have leaked and are dead (I did know about this)

I do use the Paj and have done the cape but are these normal for 90k?
    Pajero Exceed 3.8l, BFG AT 275/70, Narva Ultima 175 spots, o2 Jamin with BT GPS, O'Briens camping trailer, 2" Lift with Bilsten Shocks.

I'd be dissapointed to only get sub 90K from a set of shocks. MIe have 135K on them and still going strong.
    100K from the front bearings is also a bit poor, but deends on how hard it's been used I 'spose.
    Cheers, John.
    LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
    Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

About right... bit suprised by the bearings though... would want a second opinion

Good shocks can make a good car ... well good

Comment

I thought my shocks were still OK after 150k, but when I got the OME's on I knew I was wrong. Still, when checking them out, they still had heaps of damping left in them. I guess the OME's are just a better shock.

My front bearings are OK after 160k, I would try for a second opinion. I would hope that they changed all your seals and tensioner and pulley bearings when changing our timing belt for that price!!!!!

John
        Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/

Comment

I thought it was a timing "chain" in the NP not a belt. If so, why was it replaced?

Comment

the oil burner has a chain, the v6 uses a belt which is usually replaced every 100k or it's bad juju.

John
            Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X