crankshaft sprocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crankshaft sprocket

hi all , doing recon heads on a 92 pajero 3.0l v6 , thought i would do front crankshaft oil seal as it has had a small leak for a while , trying to remove the crankshaft sprocket and it will not move , it looks like someone else had the same idea , it looks like they have tried to lever it against the oil pump housing and broken a bit of the timing belt runnere away , i have sprayed with crc and looks to me like it is red loctite running out , thought someone might have an idea of removing , the only other option i think i might have is remove the crankshaft , but then again whats a small oil leak between friends , hoping someone might have an easier option

Originally posted by shartre View Post
    trying to remove the crankshaft sprocket and it will not move , it looks like someone else had the same idea , it looks like they have tried to lever it against the oil pump housing and broken a bit of the timing belt runnere away , i have sprayed with crc and looks to me like it is red loctite running out
    Nothings stuck forever..... but then how keen are you to unstuck it ?

Have you tried tipping boiling water over the gear and then trying to lever gently ? If you warm it a little should be easier to persuade and boiling water is safer than waving a flame type heat source near it.

Failing that... Drill holes in the gear and tap out, use a harmonic balance puller.
    'No Princess' - NJ LWB - Modded 2.8TD

Comment

Had simular things happen in the past, if an oxy doesnt work with levers then ive done as jaydee said, tapped a couple of threads and used a combo of the oxy and a puller.

Comment

Try giving it a sharp hard hit with a hammer as close as possible to the centre of the pulley, dont use a sledge hammer, a carpenters hammer is fine.

It might be ebough to break away the seal.
        Ive used this technique many of times.
        Hammer is not heavy enough to cause serious damage from just a few hits, but hard sharp nock will most likely loosen it.
        2013 MY13 VRX

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X